Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play Wurm Online

MaozorzMaozorz Member Posts: 5

Since the days of the opening of RS1 I've been playing MMOs. Wurm Online is hands down the best MMO of all time, play it! And when you play, don't give up if you fail at whatever, stick at the game for a while and you will see that this is the best game of all time.

I've played most MMOs, often sifting and looking for new MMOs just to see if anything fresh/awesome has came up, and I tell you - Wurm Online is simply the best! The gameplay is way better than any other MMO out there and it's a perfect example of gameplay > graphics.

This game is too sick, trust me. If you don't play, play it. And once again, don't give up if things don't go well for you early on, stick at it so you can truly see the awesomeness.

If anyone wants to join I'm always up to help you out (if I'm online), my name in game is Maozorz and I'm on the 'Desertion' island in the Epic cluster. (full PvP/KvK cluster)

PLAY THIS GAME

http://www.wurmonline.com/

PLAY THIS GAME

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I would if they update the graphics and get rid of those god awful animations.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I feel the same way.  At least show an effort of improvements to attempt to lure in new/old players.

• MaozorzMaozorz Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by greenreen

When I played it, it had no fighting animations, the combat log was difficult to cipher, the attacks seemed too RNG.

When you fought something it just stared at you, it also had no animation.

I overlooked those things for the crafting but even the UI isn't built well for that so it took it's toll over time.

The menus required too much clicking. Sub-menus were buried as deep as 3 levels. That makes four clicks to do one thing, that's too much for me.

There are fun things about the game like building a town and terraforming land but the game needed a lot of work when I left.

Once they had a problem with an intrusion and blamed it on PHP saying they were moving to .net because it was more secure. For that alone they embarrassed themselves and sent me out the door. I use PHP on plenty of sites that are secure so  blaming security on your language and not your settings or code you snatched offline is something I can't abide. It frankly made me lose trust in their ability to secure my payment information or anything private so that was my red flag to vanish.

Originally posted by Torgrim

The game has recently got some fighting animations, working animations etc amongst many other updates, and keeps getting updates all the time.

As I said in the first post, stick at it! Also forget about rating it based on graphics, this is a pure amateur mistake - too many games nowadays are just pure flashy graphics, it's the main thing they've focused on but underneath is the game is just the same boring old shit with a tiny fleck of a change and a new skin.

Wurm Online is PURE gameplay>graphics.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Maozorz

Since the days of the opening of RS1 I've been playing MMOs. Wurm Online is hands down the best MMO of all time, play it! And when you play, don't give up if you fail at whatever, stick at the game for a while and you will see that this is the best game of all time.

I've played most MMOs, often sifting and looking for new MMOs just to see if anything fresh/awesome has came up, and I tell you - Wurm Online is simply the best! The gameplay is way better than any other MMO out there and it's a perfect example of gameplay > graphics.

This game is too sick, trust me. If you don't play, play it. And once again, don't give up if things don't go well for you early on, stick at it so you can truly see the awesomeness.

If anyone wants to join I'm always up to help you out (if I'm online), my name in game is Maozorz and I'm on the 'Desertion' island in the Epic cluster. (full PvP/KvK cluster)

PLAY THIS GAME

http://www.wurmonline.com/

PLAY THIS GAME

Yep its such a great game you have to come to these boards to convince others that its great.  Whats up can't the game sell itself on its own greatness?

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

I played it for around 2 years when they were switching from their extended beta to gold(to keep servers running, rather than being ready).    Also had a couple of cases where I had direct access to Rolf for fixing abuses.

If you want a sandbox in the most literal sense of sand.   This is the game for you.   Essentially terraforming, no classes, town building, even things like tunneling straight through mountains  is the norm rather than exception.

PvP servers are also more than full loot.   Sure you can kill someone and take their stuff, but you can also demolish someone's town and take everything they own.   There is also the perma-death option for players as well.

_________

Downside is that it's ofcourse a grinders dream game.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

Originally posted by Cod_Eye

Yep its such a great game you have to come to these boards to convince others that its great.  Whats up can't the game sell itself on its own greatness?

That's the thing, I've played many MMOs (nearly all - p2p and f2p), and this game is just so good - the thing is that the populations aren't as high as I thnk they should be, I think that the game is just pure, pure awesome but not 'advertised' enough like the many crap MMOs.

I'm saying people should play it because I KNOW this game is the best, it's amazing and I just wish more people would play. Especially on the Epic cluster (the only 'cluster' i play on) because it is full-pvp as well as KvK, so anything can basically happen.

If anyone wants to give it a try, do it - it's quick to download/update and I will help you wth whatever and come meet you. Name in game is Maozorz, kingdom 'Mol Rehan' (MR) on the Epic cluster.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I liked the skill system but that was about it.....I didn't like how hard it was to get land (that wasnt deeded or unuseable) and hte game wasn't very f2p friendly....No way would I ever consider paying for Wurm.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    It's hard getting it to work properly... I have way above the recommended requirements and it still moves like ass in cities and it takes 10 seconds to load the world around me :(

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Just tried it. Ran around for 5 minutes staring at god awful graphics, lacklaster UI, terrible tutorial and inability to even jump.. This might be the worst MMORPG Ive ever seen. 

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Just tried it. Ran around for 5 minutes staring at god awful graphics, lacklaster UI, terrible tutorial and inability to even jump.. This might be the worst MMORPG Ive ever seen. 

It's gameplay > graphics and you played for 5 minutes. Play for 5 days and you'll think the complete opposite.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    If it was such a great game it wouldn't need people begging others to try it.  ;)
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    If it was such a great game it wouldn't need people begging others to try it.  ;)

So you've basically ruled out every game, ever created, on the face of the Earth, good job man, now delete your account ^^.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

F2P.

No Thank you :)

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

It's gameplay > graphics and you played for 5 minutes. Play for 5 days and you'll think the complete opposite.
    So you're saying:
    1) The graphics get better after 5 days of playing
    2) The UI gets better after 5 days of playing
    3) The tutorial gets better after 5 days of playing
    4) You can jump after 5 days of playing

I tried the game awhile back, and I was not impressed. I did not last very long, either.

I am happy that you found a game that you enjoy. In my opinion, it is not "all that and more" as it is for you.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

I didnt bought 7970 Lightning week ago to play games like this :) Even if it had best gameplay, graphics matters A LOT. How can anyone play games with this graphic like this after they play Tera, Crysis, Skyrim, Mass Effect etc. ? xD

Final Fantasy XIV: ARR FTW :P

Originally posted by Dogblaster

I didnt bought 7970 Lightning week ago to play games like this :)

It's not really F2P (more like trial with sub) and seeing as how you're an FF fan... can't wait to see you moan on the forums about how crap XIV: A Scam Reborn is XD

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

I  don't play WURM but, this is a stupid argument. Do you understand how life works? Multimillion dollar add campaigns for MMOs like WoW and SWTOR and any other successful MMO with paying for reviews and articles on sites and for adds on sites and hiring fake players to post on forums, basically they pay people to do what WURM or ATITD or EvE advocates do for free.

The only way that your argument would be valid is if everyone played every MMO and then decided which one they liked best. Which they don't.

Lrn2Lgc.

Originally posted by Dihoru

It's not really F2P (more like trial with sub) and seeing as how you're an FF fan... can't wait to see you moan on the forums about how crap XIV: A Scam Reborn is XD

And you think I care about noobs flaming my game which i enjoy?! After those 10 years of playing mmorpgs... thousands of hours of playing, hunderend hours of reading forums I am pretty much used to this crap. Every mmorpg has them, even if it was the best ever made.

I am not some kind of Final Fantasy fan :) In fact I played Final Fantasy like once, but I can read and see what is the game really about :) Dont worry, I played almost every mmorpg for those 10 years and I have pretty much a big experience so I have my mind set up with or without trolls :)

Anyway:) Enjoy the game

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

I didnt bought 7970 Lightning week ago to play games like this :) Even if it had best gameplay, graphics matters A LOT. How can anyone play games with this graphic like this after they play Tera, Crysis, Skyrim, Mass Effect etc. ? xD

The same way I can play Dom3 instead of garbage like Civ5. Because some of us can exercise our brain and some people just can't.

And you think I care about noobs flaming my game which i enjoy?! After those 10 years of playing mmorpgs... thousands of hours of playing, hunderend hours of reading forums I am pretty much used to this crap. Every mmorpg has them, even if it was the best ever made.

By the "!?" I assume so, you might dislike strife when it comes to your choices ;). I've been gaming just as long and I doubt you have such "vast" experience because you dismiss games on graphical fidelity and payment model, which tbh even a gamer in his first year of online gaming should know better than to do so try again ol' chap.

Originally posted by Cuathon

I  don't play WURM but, this is a stupid argument. Do you understand how life works? Multimillion dollar add campaigns for MMOs like WoW and SWTOR and any other successful MMO with paying for reviews and articles on sites and for adds on sites and hiring fake players to post on forums, basically they pay people to do what WURM or ATITD or EvE advocates do for free.

The only way that your argument would be valid is if everyone played every MMO and then decided which one they liked best. Which they don't.

Lrn2Lgc.

Marketing is one of the most imporatnt things that company need to do. If company dont have enought money for a good campaing we can automatically asume how much money they got to develop this game :)

By the "!?" I assume so, you might dislike strife when it comes to your choices ;). I've been gaming just as long and I doubt you have such "vast" experience because you dismiss games on graphical fidelity and payment model, which tbh even a gamer in his first year of online gaming should know better than to do so try again ol' chap.

Some players prefers gameplay over graphics. For me good graphics mean better gameplay, more amazing fights, faster loadings, better engine, better ui, more detailed weapons, armors, spells etc.

With ugly graphic I wont enjoy fights, I wont enjoy equiping that hard dropped, grinded armor, weapon because it looks like fork .. xD With ugly graphic my eyes will bleed after those 12 hours of playing .. ouch

So when I try or see game that has horrible graphic I know I wont ever find it fun. Thats only my personal preference. Nothing else :)

Lrn2Lgc.

Marketing is one of the most imporatnt things that company need to do. If company dont have enought money for a good campaing we can automatically asume how much money they got to develop this game :)

So let me get this straight... games like Minecraft, Path of Exile and countless other indie or kickstarter ventures which bring quality products to the table even with little money compared to the big boys don't deserve the time of day? Yeah... I can see where that decade went in your case.

Lrn2Lgc.

So let me get this straight... games like Minecraft, Path of Exile and countless other indie or kickstarter ventures which bring quality products to the table even with little money compared to the big boys don't deserve the time of day? Yeah... I can see where that decade went in your case.

Ye sadly i am too spoiled by AAA games with huge budgets. Not saying all of them are awesome, sadly most of the AAA released lately are quite oposite in many ways.

But about Path of Exile .. its awesome game, better than Diablo 3 (Diablo 3 combat and budged + PoE complexity and dev team = best game) But if it had really ugly graphics like Diablo 1, etc. I wouldnt play it nowdays. We are talking about graphics