Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO most likely fail

FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93

Title says it all.. it's doomed to fail, a single player sandbox game turned into theme-park MMO with no sandbox element at all.. on top of that focus too much on pvp and not enough what Elder scrolls games are about. honestly graphics look crap to eastern mmo's, they have it right UE3+ engine is way to go then i'l be looking at teso if that was case and real combat.

This is another stwor stunt and another WoW clone, its very clear when CGI is all great and gameplay/combat looks stale. tab targeting combat its not actions or real it is tab targeting and i'm elder scrolls fan have been since forever this is really annoying me to no end.

that this game is hyped and hyped yet its all very obvious to peoples faces, that its not going be good at all just look at the information everything has been done before what makes you think this game be any different to rest of pile of crap MMO's been out? it just be shelved to corner and aged i'm sick of the same BS time and time same crap i'm over it western MMO's suck.

Don't get me wrong eastern are grind fest  so they suck as well they all suck just SUCKY!. the whole gaming industry has turn into money grab fest they pulling Blizzard/Activation with CoD Franchise make same crap . im annoyed with TESO i'm annoyed with gaming industry and were its heading paying for DLC's LIKE WTF!!!! and asking for sub and then going f2p LIKE WHAT THE HELL~~~!~@#!@#

its clear its money grab and nothing more stop buying games and only buy the few gems that do make good games (witcher 2 anyone? the developer team for that game needs more credit ) . No more MMO's No MORE!! make a Good game or leave gaming industry.

This is my rant sorry for getting carried away

Comments

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by FateFatality

a single player sandbox game turned into theme-park MMO with no sandbox element at all..

yes it is it

I ll stick with TES SP games they are great...prolly I ll give chance ESO but not sure,yet...too much limitations,for now what know about ESO it is not TES  open world gameplay with nolimit explorations.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

money grab indeed with a good ip

they use the words differently in every element this game offers.. but basicly offering the same as any other mmo..

they call open world pvp.. yet its limited to 2k players..

simple example..

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Wall of text crits you for 10K!... ^^  Don't you think its just a little bit early to be pronouncing the doom of a game that hasn't even launched yet?  There are WAY too many variables involved.  Lets wait and see how it plays, before we start foaming at the mouth about its failure.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    Originally posted by FateFatality

a single player sandbox game turned into theme-park MMO with no sandbox element at all..

yes it is it

I ll stick with TES SP games they are great...prolly I ll give chance ESO but not sure,yet...too much limitations,for now what know about ESO it is not TES  open world gameplay with nolimit explorations.

yeah TES SP is way to go honestly but lately even besthda latest tes skyrim was decent nothing awsome story was medicore at best, what i suggest is reading up on witcher 3 they going take best of TES franchise and then some and then make it better

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-18-witcher-3-dev-says-skyrims-story-and-quests-were-generic

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

To be perfectly honest, I thought my eyes were going to bleed and my brain explode by the time I read your post.  Quite the wall of text there you have.

However, I actually agree with a lot of what you said but I still prefer the Western style MMO's over the Eastern style ones.  The Eastern ones tend to go into massive grind fests, weapons the size of buildings, overly colorful and "exotic / unrealistic" armor types and things of that nature.  If I was a Women warrior in any of those Eastern MMO's then I would "NOT" want to be protected by a piece of shere glittery fabric  that would not cover the face of a postage stamp while I wade into battle.  The Western MMO's are not much better but they at least they give a decent amount of protection where it needs it.  All players are not prepubescent boys oogling over pixels on their screens.

The players in the MMO market is in it for only one thing "Money".  While this was true early on, these days it's also "How soon can we push this piece of garbarge code out the door to start the money rolling in, after all we can fix it later."  Once they have they initial influx of cash they now tend to try to rake it in as fast and as much as they can then open up cash shops to compensate for short commings they intentially built into thier game.  Then eventually turn the whole thing into ftp with cash shop items that you would have to purchase if you even wanted a chance to see all the content that you had already paid for.

Well.... seems like I'm ranting myself so I'll close it out here...

Your not alone in your frustrations.

Ratero.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58

Well i don't think that you can make MMO vhich will be same as TES SP games ... it would be unplayable. But i would like to know why you think it will be wow clone .... most gameplay mechanics will be diferent. There even wont be hard lock tab-targeting. There will be crasshair like in tes games ... soft lock and arcing arrows had to be made due to latency. I think that there will be sandbox elements. Like all that caves and small dungeons you can randomly find. And its class system looks promissing.

I don't think that game has to be all new and revolutionary to be sccesfull, it have to be polished and completed. I don't think that it will be new wow, but it has chance to be succesfull. We'll se in beta.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Just doesnt seem to offer anything to perk my intrest. I was excited when i first heard about this game, but not so much now with the path they chose. Hopefuly i am wrong but just seems lacking of what it should be.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Originally posted by Rhonen

To be perfectly honest, I thought my eyes were going to bleed and my brain explode by the time I read your post.  Quite the wall of text there you have.

However, I actually agree with a lot of what you said but I still prefer the Western style MMO's over the Eastern style ones.  The Eastern ones tend to go into massive grind fests, weapons the size of buildings, overly colorful and "exotic / unrealistic" armor types and things of that nature.  If I was a Women warrior in any of those Eastern MMO's then I would "NOT" want to be protected by a piece of shere glittery fabric  that would not cover the face of a postage stamp while I wade into battle.  The Western MMO's are not much better but they at least they give a decent amount of protection where it needs it.  All players are not prepubescent boys oogling over pixels on their screens.

The players in the MMO market is in it for only one thing "Money".  While this was true early on, these days it's also "How soon can we push this piece of garbarge code out the door to start the money rolling in, after all we can fix it later."  Once they have they initial influx of cash they now tend to try to rake it in as fast and as much as they can then open up cash shops to compensate for short commings they intentially built into thier game.  Then eventually turn the whole thing into ftp with cash shop items that you would have to purchase if you even wanted a chance to see all the content that you had already paid for.

Ratero.

And western games arent? Sure western games allow you to rush to max level in a few days (which is bad in my opinion), but nonetheless, you are grinding at end game. Makes no difference grind to max or grind for tokens for armor or forced to do dailies or raids for content. Same thing. But the grind for armor, weapons, etc to me is far worse when western games offer very little to no end game. Some of the worst end game grindfests i have ever played were western games, tend to get bored and quit.

• MahavishnuMahavishnu Member Posts: 336

These forums seem to get more and more a platform for endless flaming about everything.

We have only little information about this game yet. Give it a chance. Maybe it turns out to be better, than many think. I have the impression, that after some years where playing an MMO meant everything to a lot of players (like a marriage), they now are frustrated, that these times are over and blame every new one.

Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

This topic again?

Why ?

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    I agree with the OP nothing i liked about teso sp and skyrim in particular will be in this game , and they wil implement al this themepark elements under the guise of taking the best of two genre's and combining them.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Onomas
    Originally posted by Rhonen

Ratero.

And western games arent? Sure western games allow you to rush to max level in a few days (which is bad in my opinion), but nonetheless, you are grinding at end game. Makes no difference grind to max or grind for tokens for armor or forced to do dailies or raids for content. Same thing. But the grind for armor, weapons, etc to me is far worse when western games offer very little to no end game. Some of the worst end game grindfests i have ever played were western games, tend to get bored and quit.

I did not say they were... you apparently did not continue reading my post.  Not that it matters much, I did not continue with the differences since the post was beginning to be a bit long in the tooth so I cut it short where I did.

I long for the days when playing a game like "Kingdom of Drakkar" or "Legends of Kesmai" where it took  you several years to get even close to a max level character.  These days it's way to easy in my opinion but that is what people want so that is what developers give them.

Ratero.

• FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Valgar1

This topic again?

Why ?

Why not? more people that stop buying the better it be and more the developers need start listening and do something different and try and not just make broken games and cater to the masses. useing name Elder scrolls to get mass elder scrolls fan then using word action combat... suposbly to get people that like that. then MMO crowed that jump on newest and greatest then engine that scales down to suit crap pc's so  they can have more players join again.... trying get mass people to get mass money grab there much more then just what i mentioned .

look at STWOR and then Bioware prime example using a respected company turning it to crap and useing well known franchise starwars DUH!!!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The SP games might generate maybe $30 pack to Zenimax / Bethesda per retail sale, whereas a yearly subscriber would fork over an excess of $200 in sales annually.

Blizzard's billion-dollar-a-year business model is just too tempting to resist.  Unfortunately, a really good IP has to get shoe horned into a game with a broader audience appeal, which ends up watering everything down, modern mainstream MMO style.

It's true it's too soon to tell if TESO will be any good, but many people are disliking what they do know about the game so far.  PVP centric in a PVE game that segregates factions, non open-world, limited game world compared to WoW Vanilla, no weapons in 1st person mode, and so on.  So I'd say complaints are fair thus far, and concerns are warranted.

Graphics look good, which will attract certain types of players.  Those not looking for much depth in their games perhaps?   This game will hit it big or completely miss the mark - can't wait to see which it will be!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I dont get the hate as of late on theme park MMOs. Biggest money making MMOs have all been theme park. As for ES, we dont have enough imfo yet to call it a fail. Any game can make it if done right. Alot of MMOs have not done right by us gamers but it has more to do with it not being finished or the elder game getting very little focus.
  • LegendtriggerLegendtrigger Member Posts: 39
    I think it will be major succes and i love how they are making this game!
  • JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

OP your reasons are not the ones i see.. the sandbox one doesn't = fail, just differences.

IMO is its combat as #1 and #2 and #3-10 its looks pretty dam weak, and i really love the concepts behind the game but combat looks bad. I also wonder about class progression, well see tho.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Mahavishnu

These forums seem to get more and more a platform for endless flaming about everything.

We have only little information about this game yet. Give it a chance. Maybe it turns out to be better, than many think. I have the impression, that after some years where playing an MMO meant everything to a lot of players (like a marriage), they now are frustrated, that these times are over and blame every new one.

I think you are slightly mistaken. TESO issues are not that it might be a bad MMO, it's that it might be a really crappy Elder Scrolls game.  This is the difference between taking a book/movie IP and turning it into a MMO (in this case the settings fidelity is the main thing to worry about), making a new IP for a MMO (the game get judged on gameplay only) and using an existing game franchise IP (the game get judged to the other games in the franchise).

TESO isn't going to be compared to WoW, SWTOR, RIFT, etc. It's going to be compared to Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. People will buy TESO simply because it have Elder Scrolls in the title, not because it's a MMO with RvR.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

An other prophet yet ?

What about a good old

WAIT

AND

SEE

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

What if I told you I think all Eastern MMO's look and play like crap?  Then it all just becomes opinion now doesnt it.

Thanks for you opinion.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

:pulls up a soap box:

:climbs aboard:

Ahem.

I just want to go on record, officially, as declaring that all unreleased games, now or in the future, tne present, or the past will most likly fail. And Doom, and stuff. This is an indeputable fact, because I have just told you it is.

:Holds up a card: See? From this point forward, and forever, I am entitled to say "I told you so, neener." to anyone, at any time, and earn fifty (50) valuable forum points, instantly! And I also reserve the right to tell any of you, individually, at any time "Neener."

I can now conclude that this valuable and crucial community service is complete. Hail unto me. And doom, and stuff.

This has been my rant, sorry for getting carried away. Thank you.

:climbs back down:

Anyone know what these valuable forum points are good for?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• walltarwalltar Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by azarhal

TESO isn't going to be compared to WoW, SWTOR, RIFT, etc. It's going to be compared to Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. People will buy TESO simply because it have Elder Scrolls in the title, not because it's a MMO with RvR.

Yep ... and it is sad. Because many people who hate TESO are not interested in MMO in general. Well no problem for them they can just wait for another SP TES game. Problem is many people who wants Skyrim multiplayer ant they think that this game will be it. .... well it is not gona happen, it even can't be done. You can't make MMO with SP mechanics ... you are limited by internet infrastructure. I even think that seamless open world is impossible with graphics and systems of a modern MMO.

This game will be MMO in elders scrolls universe ... it won't be multiplayer version of skyrim.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by walltar
    Originally posted by azarhal

Yep ... and it is sad. Because many people who hate TESO are not interested in MMO in general. Well no problem for them they can just wait for another SP TES game. Problem is many people who wants Skyrim multiplayer ant they think that this game will be it. .... well it is not gona happen, it even can't be done. You can't make MMO with SP mechanics ... you are limited by internet infrastructure. I even think that seamless open world is impossible with graphics and systems of a modern MMO.

This game will be MMO in elders scrolls universe ... it won't be multiplayer version of skyrim.

I'm pretty sure you can't translate the unique Wacraft RTS experience into a succesful Everquest MMO rip-off either.

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198
    Unfortunately, The title doesn't say it all. 

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'm glad there will be a few less unsupportive gamers of the IP in-game when it launches then.  I look forward to ESO, because like a lot of ESO fans, some of us actually want an mmo based on Elder Scrolls despite unfounded comments by the OP.
This discussion has been closed.