Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now on available on Steam

GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
In case anyone is interested, AoC is available through Steam.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Comments

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I'm going to give this game a shot, need to take a break from WoW boring questing system and boring dailies.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    wow.. starter zones are even more packed than last week. New player influx ftw. 

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Cool gonna give this a shot again.  Hadn't played since right after release. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321

great game. for newcomers not easy without a guild. and too many russian people on fury. i am not english, but people should use the english language on an englsh speaking server. russian and polish people are spamming in their language and russians write in cyrillic...

i recommend server crom and not fury for newcomers

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by mistmaker

great game. for newcomers not easy without a guild. and too many russian people on fury. i am not english, but people should use the english language on an englsh speaking server. russian and polish people are spamming in their language and russians write in cyrillic... 

i recommend server crom and not fury for newcomers

I happened to pick it up yesterday and found it on STEAM as well, so I installed that client. the DLC pack (for sale till Match 1 iirc) is a good bargain as well.

About the Polish & Russian SPAMming... Sadly, Crom has the same problem :( I'm already busy blocking all those using that gibbrish language and am opting to make a seperate global-chat tab so that I'll miss out on most SPAM anyway...

On guilds... Yeah, you need one on 20+ for sure... Looking for one myself atm :p

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Reizla

About the Polish & Russian SPAMming... Sadly, Crom has the same problem :( I'm already busy blocking all those using that gibbrish language and am opting to make a seperate global-chat tab so that I'll miss out on most SPAM anyway...

I don't think it's spam, Crom is the Eu PVE server, so naturally there are lots of nations. I saw french, italian, portugese and spanish guild recruit messages as well (germans kept an own server after the merges).

Btw, I capped a Spiked Cloak on a newcomer. I wonder, from where did the tailor get the steamlogo-shaped bone? :)

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Originally posted by Po_gg 

Btw, I capped a Spiked Cloak on a newcomer. I wonder, from where did the tailor get the steamlogo-shaped bone? :)

Anyway to get this cloak if already a subscriber? 

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Sevenwind

Anyway to get this cloak if already a subscriber? 

No I don't think so as you have to create an accout to get it and there is no key to add.

Edit:

More cap pictures:

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=243531

Originally posted by MMOGamer71

More cap pictures:

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=243531

Great pics, much better than I could snap on-the-run :)

(but I think the mount is pretty lame, nothing beats the mammoth imo... maybe the tiger)

http://i.imgur.com/aqNeXTK.jpg strange, it says Barbed cloak... my bad. I called it Spiked in my post only because in the announcement FC said Spiked Cloak of Vapor (http://www.ageofconan.com/news/age_of_conan_is_now_on_steam)

• mistmakermistmaker Member UncommonPosts: 321
    Originally posted by Reizla

I don't think it's spam, Crom is the Eu PVE server, so naturally there are lots of nations. I saw french, italian, portugese and spanish guild recruit messages as well (germans kept an own server after the merges).

i am german speaking, but i would never write german in global on an english/international server. there are global subchannels for that. this isnt making the community any better. and its disturbing for new players. 

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Cool cloak, but I'll pass on it. With my original AoC purchase, an upgrade later on and RotG CE pack I have most of the goodies the Steam pack gives. Think I only miss the cloak and the beginner weapons. The latter is not really needed since the Torgate quests gave good stuff anyway (and I'm way beyond that already as well)

Originally posted by mistmaker

i am german speaking, but i would never write german in global on an english/international server. there are global subchannels for that. this isnt making the community any better. and its disturbing for new players. 

Same here, I use my main only in tells and among buddies. I just referred that it's not spam on an Eu server to see some foreign lines sometimes. Newcomers usually don't know about localized channels or how to join one, and the new players from steam are most likely f2p players, they don't even have any other channel than New players help. It's only natural that they're asking help in there.

It would be disturbing, if some of them would use that channel for conversations, I agree that would be spamming. But I've played this weekend a lot on Crom, and all I saw was guild recruits. I think that's ok and understandable.

Edit: fun fact, in STO the lockbox advertising system messages come up based on the box opener's client, so it's common to see even in the english client a message that a captain just won a sterneschiff...  and while I don't like the Tholians, to be honest the Tholianischer Radnetzspinner sounds much cooler than the Orb Weaver :D

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

AoC has one of the best classes ever, the barbarian.

I miss those fatalities, maybe i will download it and give it a go.

Is the F2P very restrictive ? is it worth our time, for real ? 

Originally posted by Elandir90

About when they made TSW b2p, there was an f2p revamp in Conan, and it's much better now. What's left is the limited bag / trader space, a few locked raid and insta, and the gold limit (but it was raised from 2G to 10G). And of course the expansions and the AA system aren't free. But you can play with any class and go in every good insta, so it's a pretty open model now.

Originally posted by Elandir90

About when they made TSW b2p, there was an f2p revamp in Conan, and it's much better now. What's left is the limited bag / trader space, a few locked raid and insta, and the gold limit (but it was raised from 2G to 10G). And of course the expansions and the AA system aren't free. But you can play with any class and go in every good insta, so it's a pretty open model now.

The inventory bags are not really F2P limited as you can buy bigger bags from ingame vendors with regular ingame money.

10G is a LOT, it will take some time to aquire that amount btw. Apart from endgame content, the only F2P restriction you will notice is 50% bankspace. So, I´d say it´s the least restrictive F2P model on the market, and they don´t force the store button on you in every window like in SWTOR.

No limited minigames, no limited ability bar numbers, no "you can´t equip rare gear as F2P",  no reduced XP gain or reduced credits gain and all that ****  from SWTOR F2P

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by FromHell

Apart from endgame content, the only F2P restriction you will notice is 50% bankspace.

I made an emphasis on will :) Personally I think that's the main restriction in the current model, I can hardly imagine to play with 50% trader slot.

Actually I've never been a mule-using player, I loved to play every alt of mine, but in AoC was my first time to make an alt just for storage... and later with the unlimited trial my first time to make a whole account just to be mule :) AoC has lots of items. The introduction of vanity tab helped a bit, you could slot at least a few cosmetic items. Not to mention I was trading resources all the time, that takes up lots of trading slots as well. I'm curious how will the crafting revamp affect the market (and the needed inventory space)

Regardless of that, it's s good f2p model now. Just need some inventory juggling :)

Apart from endgame content, the only F2P restriction you will notice is 50% bankspace.

Just need some inventory juggling :)

meh. too lazy for that. I threw in some bucks for bank slots before I went premium, good thing is they still ad to your 100% subscriber bank slots

The Return of ELITE !

Just need some inventory juggling :)

meh. too lazy for that. I threw in some bucks for bank slots before I went premium, good thing is they still ad to your 100% subscriber bank slots

I ment the juggling for the newcomer f2p-ers :)

I personally still drop in a month every time when I feel I need some Hyboria-time (and inbetween those occasions I just log in for chat and look around). I have too many alts to buy upgrades on all of them, it's easier to sub a month when I want to play.

And suddenly the game is PACKED with players. Even more than last week!

The Return of ELITE !