Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did my P2W thread really get locked? Scared much?

XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
I wouldn't troll but that's pretty sad. Anyways, I just hope my $150.00 for Beta Pref isn't wasted.

Comments

• XcomVicXcomVic Member Posts: 50
    So, tell us what these "convenience" potions do and price of each?
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

I remember a Dev comment once saying the "convenience" items were things like "skill  up"or "xp gain" pops with limited use per "X" time. (ex- 25% boost to xp for 2 hours w/ 24 hr cool down)

AFAIK they havent said anything about pricing

A&B have been very open and adament about the Repopulation NOT being a P2W game

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by XcomVic
    I wouldn't troll but that's pretty sad. Anyways, I just hope my $150.00 for Beta Pref isn't wasted.

Where did it get locked at?

Afaik we haven't locked anything recently on the official forums unless it was being moved to the archive section, but newer threads don't tend to get moved there. We don't have anything newer than December in the archives.

If it was on these boards, we have no control over what the mods here do.

• joshuahallsjoshuahalls Member UncommonPosts: 78

Just as a side note we have no control over the mmorpg.com forums nor am I aware of anyone asking to have any threads locked.  Would have to ask the moderators about that.

Convenience items would be something like an experience potion and would be an equivalant for our skills to give you a small boost to the chances of it happening.  There would be nothing in there that would give one a direct combat advantage or anything like that if that is what you are asking as we are very serious about not being P2W.  The definition of P2W can be diferent for everyone, but we want to primarily focus on selling the membership/box options that are already listed and cosmetic options for those interested.  P2W items are attractive as they bring in a short-term monitary gain, but over the long term it will kill the balance and competitiveness of the game and we are in this for the long-term not to make a quick buck the first 6 months. As for pricing of these things, honestly we won't know till we can do some testing during Beta and collect feedback. We won't be out of line with what you are seeing in other games in regards to things such as EXP potions or cosmetics. As mentioned in game "stat" based equipment has to be earned through the game normally and there is no easy road through the cash shop for these kind of things.

Anyway, if you have any further questions feel free to ask, would be happy to answer them. 

Joshua Halls
    Co Owner-Lead Programmer The Repopulation

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by KaylettaJade

Where did it get locked at?

Afaik we haven't locked anything recently on the official forums unless it was being moved to the archive section, but newer threads don't tend to get moved there. We don't have anything newer than December in the archives.

If it was on these boards, we have no control of what the mods here do.

Don't feed the troll.

Sounds like another B2W game?

Not like Path of Exile...pure F2P...

What in the right mind of anyone would you buy for $50 over more bucks for an in game item?

He's just trying to spread misinformation. and pretty...well, REALLY badly.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    I wouldn't troll

You just did. Lol.

Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    I wouldn't troll

You just did. Lol.

:) I don't troll. I have been very interested in this game for awhile, the convenience items have me tipsy toed though. Why all the secrecy on the Item Shop? Anyways, so far looking like a good game. I did want to Kickstart it, but that damn Item Shop mystery... Anyways, at least they are vocal on the defense:)

Good community so far from what I've seen. Just that Item Shop....

I am probably going to cave in and Go for Plat Memebership...

• KaylettaJadeKaylettaJade Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG
    I wouldn't troll

You just did. Lol.

:) I don't troll. I have been very interested in this game for awhile, the convenience items have me tipsy toed though. Why all the secrecy on the Item Shop? Anyways, so far looking like a good game. I did want to Kickstart it, but that damn Item Shop mystery... Anyways, at least they are vocal on the defense:)

Good community so far from what I've seen. Just that Item Shop....

I am probably going to cave in and Go for Plat Memebership...

There is no secrecy surrounding the cash shop, the simple truth is we aren't even in beta yet and the exact contents of the cash shop haven't been finalized. We've been a little busy creating and polishing a game :) Haven't quite got to the cash shop yet.

• CreepProphetCreepProphet Member Posts: 104

So is the OP talking about the Early Adopters program? As of yet I haven't seen a cash shop that shows what prices will be on in game items.

At least not for The Repopulation. I asked at the end of the last thread before it was locked whether this individual might be mistaken about the game in question.

It's a mystery to everybody.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I hope more devs. start  to use forums in this way. Keep up the good work. Waiting on my beta inv, since this time last year... image
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by CreepProphet

So is the OP talking about the Early Adopters program? As of yet I haven't seen a cash shop that shows what prices will be on in game items.

At least not for The Repopulation. I asked at the end of the last thread before it was locked whether this individual might be mistaken about the game in question.

It's a mystery to everybody.

That is correct. Just kinda scared about what these "convenience" items that will cost a lot will be. I mean you get quite a bit of currency for those programs.

Originally posted by bcbully
    I hope more devs. start  to use forums in this way. Keep up the good work. Waiting on my beta inv, since this time last year... image

I think MMORPG forums is the BEST way to communicate because most MMORPGers new and old come to this site and browse the new game's forums... and it is nice to have devs with answers.

Anwyays, like I said, I and many other would love to contribute $150.00 on this game especially with the perks...I am just hoping that the perks are too crazy OP compared to the free2players, buy2players.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Pre-rant about P2W but wants his "prepaid perks" ? Nice one !

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Vindicar

The preorder comments are his defense against a trolling ban. It allows him to take the stance of "But... but... see I like the game and I'm genuinely interested" which the mods here will buy hook, line and sinker.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit

The preorder comments are his defense against a trolling ban. It allows him to take the stance of "But... but... see I like the game and I'm genuinely interested" which the mods here will buy hook, line and sinker.

Of course. I'm still genuinely amused !

Of course. I'm still genuinely amused.

As it was never meant to be a troll post but a genuinely troubled post...

Of course. I'm still genuinely amused.

As it was never meant to be a troll post but a genuinely troubled post...

Yep and you investigated so much before opening an other thread... that you never realised your old post just got merged.

We can keep playing the dumb and dumber game for a while you know, I'm very good at it.

EDIT : or maybe Ima ask to close this troll thread and see what happens ?... 10 bucks you'll find a new place to say how heavily sensored you are ! OMG the Illuminatis must be after you !

This discussion has been closed.