Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CU will be renamed. Let us throw in some ideas.

boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

Should it have Camelot in it to attract more ex-DAoC players or should it be more neutral?

The abbrevation should also sound cool. DAoC and CU are fine. "Crusaders of Camelot" would be disastrous.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    It already has massive hype.. They should come up with a unique kickass name..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by boxsnd

Should it have Camelot in it to attract more ex-DAoC players or should it be more neutral?

The abbrevation should also sound cool. DAoC and CU are fine. "Crusaders of Camelot" would be disastrous.

I can understand why he chose to include the word "Camelot" since it's been so popularized in our culture in movies, etc.  But it just seems so unfair to the other mythologies in the game.  Personally, I'd unchain the word "Camelot" from the title altogether.  I think a title describing what it actually is would be best.  Something like:  

"Lords of Myth & Fantasy"

or

"The Warring Kingdoms of Mythology"

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    It already has massive hype.. They should come up with a unique kickass name..

agree the camelot unchained reminds me of conan

OK.  I really like the sound of "Lords of Myth & Fantasy" now.  It's catchy. 

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Satarious

I can understand why he chose to include the word "Camelot" since it's been so popularized in our culture in movies, etc.  But it just seems so unfair to the other mythologies in the game.  Personally, I'd unchain the word "Camelot" from the title altogether.  I think a title describing what it actually is would be best.  Something like:  

or

I think just "The Warring Kingdoms" has a nice ring to it.

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

or

As was suggested in the first post, it should be catchy and not have the acronym of CoC (Crusaders of Camelot). Neither of these suggestions have any ring to their acronym (LMF or WKM), however I would love to build upon your first suggested name:

Lords of Myth & Fantasy: Arthur & Others

#1 acronym NA

/thread

• nemesis621nemesis621 Member Posts: 43
    Call it "Unchained Camelot."

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

I like something that was suggested in an older thread: Camelot Reborn (if they go the Camelot route)

If they go for something neutral I hope they use the word "realm". For example: Realms at War

Originally posted by Tekkaman

or

As was suggested in the first post, it should be catchy and not have the acronym of CoC (Crusaders of Camelot). Neither of these suggestions have any ring to their acronym (LMF or WKM), however I would love to build upon your first suggested name:

Oh, you mean like LoTR (Lord of the Rings)?  Even DaoC doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.  I don't see why it's necessary for the acronym to have a ring to it.  My hat's off to Blizzard for making their acronym the same as a word that you would use when you're impressed, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Hummingbird Killer Online.

PvE Can Suckit Online.

RvR is God Online.

Tissues for your Issues Online.

Whaaambulance Online.

Trials of Atlantis. (Wow totally joking here)

------------------------------------------

More serious ideas. (It's really hard to not use the words Camelot or Rift when i think of the background premise of CU)

Veil Wars.

Arthurian Legends Online.

Chronicles of the Veil.

Gododdin Wars.

Veil of Avalon Online.

------------------------------------------

Thats the best i can come up with, even with all my Arthurian knowledge, i doubt mine is more extensive than Mark J's. Camelot Unchained is not bad but i think the name change needs to happen sooner not later, people will not be able to connect if late in the development the name is changed, i feel its improtant that once KS starts the new name should be implemented.

Lolipops !

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253

The Dark Age of Kill-A-Lot...

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    "Knights of the Round Table spank some ***!"

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

Thats the best i can come up with, even with all my Arthurian knowledge, i doubt mine is more extensive than Mark J's. Camelot Unchained is not bad but i think the name change needs to happen sooner not later, people will not be able to connect if late in the development the name is changed, i feel its improtant that once KS starts the new name should be implemented.

The name change should happen after the Kickstarter IMO. Perhaps they could even let the backers vote on the name.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

I think they should keep either Camelot or Unchained so that the new name would be easy to remember for those who remember the old name and the hype would better carry over to new name.

My suggestion: Players Unchained

English is not my native tongue so I'm not quite sure how native speakers would interpret that name.

• StormakovStormakov Member UncommonPosts: 200

Dark Age of Smish: Unchained Smishing

Also; http://www.gucomics.com/comics/2004/gu_20040212.jpg

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Using Camelot in its title is depriving the other 2 sides of a namesake in the title.  Would be just as bad as naming it Yggdrasil Online or Tuatha De Danann Online.

Try something like Dark Age Mythos or Dark Age of Lore.  I really like that one, it keeps a part of the DAoC flavor without favoring one side.

Marc feel free to pay me royalties for my totally kick ass name.  image

Edit: here's another:   Dark Ages of the Realm

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

World of Camelcraft, that would draw some attention...

Anyways, on a serious note, CU is a working title, but we don't know necessarily that it's going to be changed, sometimes working titles aren't changed, and persoannly, I'm fine with Camelot Unchained, as it is, it's a cool title imo.

• replicantreplicant Member Posts: 46
    Veil Walkers :-p

Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Originally posted by Qallidexz

World of Camelcraft, that would draw some attention...

Anyways, on a serious note, CU is a working title, but we don't know necessarily that it's going to be changed, sometimes working titles aren't changed, and persoannly, I'm fine with Camelot Unchaned, as it is, it's a cool title imo.

Not a huge fan of the name "Camelot Unchained".  I think it serves its purpose for KS since it lets people know of Mark's intentions for the game, but it shouldn't be the final name.  I think there's a better name out there that can elicit a feeling of immersion into a fantasy world about 3 different mythologies at war with one another.  "Unchained" just gives off MOBA vibes, to me.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Camelot 

Camelot Online

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Forgtotten Legends of Camelot ... Myths of Camelot, or Myths of Camelot Reborn (eh).

Edit: Lost Legends of Camelot... Forgotten Tales of Camelot...
    I like the idea of something like myths, legends, tales, lore, soemthign like that being in this title...

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    OK.  I really like the sound of "Lords of Myth & Fantasy" now.  It's catchy. 

If someone is very young yes, but even then it is an incredibly cheesy name.

Some other ideas:

Legends of Myth & Magic

Realms of Myth & Magic

The Warring Kingdoms of Myth & Magic

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Forgtotten Legends of Camelot ... Myths of Camelot, or Myths of Camelot Reborn (eh).

I like the idea of something like myths, legends, tales, lore, soemthign like that being in this title...

I personally think we should try for a name that does not have Camelot in it.

Lolipops !

Originally posted by Voiidiin

I personally think we should try for a name that does not have Camelot in it.

No way, for practical reasons, it should have Camelot in the name to continue to attract the DAoC crowd.