Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do we have any speculation/rumor release date?

Was wondering if we have any info updated about a possible release date of Cos? In what state is it now?

Comments

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

i mean the basics are not even known with this game, and i think they just had a few failed kickstarter attempts...like didnt even come relativly close.

It seems this game isnt anywhere near complete, and with the kickstater ending way below target, i have to wonder what exactly their financial status is and how that will effect the game and its development.

Seemed interesting based on what i know, and mainly its that they opted to use 3d textures on everything rather than the standard 2d painted objects that gave the illusion of being 3d like in just about every other game out there.

As far as game systems go...i dont think really any hard info is avalible...not sure if its just a testbed for the technology they are supposidly working on..or just some artwork and a partial engine at this point.

certainly some info would be appreciated on the game, however i dont think were going to see any launch of an alpha/beta or a launch schedule anytime soon.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Thnks for the info. I just hope those guys really make it happen. They risked alot to create something unique in the mmorpg's standards .What they r trying to create is making even brand names like wow,gw2 etc seem like a joke in concept and potential terms.

Alone the fact they created a whole planet with climatic changes and staff and loads of other things other mmos cant even dream to have in their game seems frikin impressive.Anwy i lll keep an eye on it.

Mind you all those bland games you mention thought they were doing something unique too...or at least made the community believe they were.

For all we know this could be just another with a twist.

And i think this is sort of the problem with there being a huge lack of detailed info.

Can you tell me what exactly is going to make this game unique and different?  Mind you a LOT of developers have stated in the past about ambitious fluff features that never make it in the game, or turn out to be overblown so much that the feature is barely noticable ect.

I think if these guys gave real specific systems and mechanics, in detailed information, stuff like the kickstarter may not have failed.  I mean look at pathfinder...they got super specific, didnt have anything to show, but stated clearly what they were going to do to get the game finished, which sounded realistic, and their kickstarter was a big success.  People will support a game like this with specific info as to what they can expect...

I wish these guys the best of luck, but ive been around the block far too many times with indy developers who promise the world and seem to have an issue getting specific...i mean even ones that were specific about their systems early on...well execution seems to be the big factor always isnt it?

For all i know their world creating system is just a bunch of instances.  Which i guess could be made to sound unique but has the very real possibility of seeming the same when executed in a live game enviroment ect.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Mind you all those bland games you mention thought they were doing something unique too...or at least made the community believe they were.

For all we know this could be just another with a twist.

And i think this is sort of the problem with there being a huge lack of detailed info.

Can you tell me what exactly is going to make this game unique and different?  Mind you a LOT of developers have stated in the past about ambitious fluff features that never make it in the game, or turn out to be overblown so much that the feature is barely noticable ect.

I think if these guys gave real specific systems and mechanics, in detailed information, stuff like the kickstarter may not have failed.  I mean look at pathfinder...they got super specific, didnt have anything to show, but stated clearly what they were going to do to get the game finished, which sounded realistic, and their kickstarter was a big success.  People will support a game like this with specific info as to what they can expect...

I wish these guys the best of luck, but ive been around the block far too many times with indy developers who promise the world and seem to have an issue getting specific...i mean even ones that were specific about their systems early on...well execution seems to be the big factor always isnt it?

For all i know their world creating system is just a bunch of instances.  Which i guess could be made to sound unique but has the very real possibility of seeming the same when executed in a live game enviroment ect.

None knows if they will manage to keep in the final version every thing they showed in their videos. I dont think any upcoming game need s hyping. We ve seen too many failures so far.

I just think they deserve a good word for what they are trying to pull off and especially some innovative features they worked with like quests dying once and for all mobs etc etc .Once again everything is speculation till and if they manage to launch it.

• JatarJatar Member UncommonPosts: 348

Actually, we have released all kinds of specific information on our official forums, where we answer questions constantly by players.  www.citadelofsorcery.com

There are also several videos on the game you can watch on Youtube, including a technical briefing on some of the technology to build the world (it's kind of dry, but if you want specifics, there you go).

There are also less technical videos on other aspects of the game, all done by various people working on the project, just search on Citadel of Sorcery and make sure you expand to all ten videos.

So there you go, a place to go get lots of detailed information:

http://www.citadelofsorcery.com/forums

or...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCitadelofSorcery/videos?sort=dd&tag_id=&view=0

Originally posted by Jatar

Actually, we have released all kinds of specific information on our official forums, where we answer questions constantly by players.  www.citadelofsorcery.com

There are also several videos on the game you can watch on Youtube, including a technical briefing on some of the technology to build the world (it's kind of dry, but if you want specifics, there you go).

There are also less technical videos on other aspects of the game, all done by various people working on the project, just search on Citadel of Sorcery and make sure you expand to all ten videos.

or...

Excelent.  I shall wander your links and hope to get a better idea of the game.

FYI...you should come here and post new info as links (or have one of your grunts do it)  Just makes it easier to keep up with the many in-development games i and others follow.

Edit: Oh, ive seen all this, and wading through the forums is not my specialty.  Was hoping for some recent specifics on game mechanics and systems not just a general overview of what your doing.

I mean i get the basic and vauge overview of the game, and it sounds good, just its the specifics that i and others are really looking for...like the exacts on how your systems are going to be implimented and played by the player. 

For instance.  The multiple reality worlds, which is something i kind of invented to describe what your doing with the game, seems interesting...or seems like just seperate solo and multiplayer instances...specifics help with that.

Combat?  Big factor, i havent been able to find (easily) much on this.

The giant growing world that seems to be too large and complex to be realistic, the complext semi-voxle graphics (all sound wonderful and i got a system that will munch those textures up and cant wait to see it all) perhaps some info on how exactly you plan to dish out this world (are we talking seamless loads as you approach a new zone...is it even zoned?) might give people a better idea as to how realistic its going to be on their system.

I see on the forums its going to possibly be divided up between f2p worlds and p2p worlds...which i dont mind...untill it becomes and issue dealing with a small playerbase ect, more info on this would be welcomed.

Also, if you guys are not final on the systems...just say so.  It seems like you put  a lot of work, and quality into your videos, which stands to make me belive the same will go for the game....but ive said it before...many have been down this road before and i cant recall a single time its worked down the road.  If the game is years away from a launch dont be afraid to say so.  People like honesty with indy games not inflated expectations and deadlines that wont be met...as many..if not all indy games seem to do.

Anything to help overcome this doubt is more than welcome.

Perhaps a nice webpage with specific systems broken down bullet point style with what you want, what you expect to have and what is already final for being in the game will help this all.  Looking through the forum i have to dig for a developer or staff response and even then its vauge...which leads me to belive theres still a ton of work and time needed yet...which is fine.

• mythranda1mythranda1 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Jatar

or...

FYI...you should come here and post new info as links (or have one of your grunts do it)  Just makes it easier to keep up with the many in-development games i and others follow.

Edit: Oh, ive seen all this, and wading through the forums is not my specialty.  Was hoping for some recent specifics on game mechanics and systems not just a general overview of what your doing.

I mean i get the basic and vauge overview of the game, and it sounds good, just its the specifics that i and others

are really looking for...like the exacts on how your systems are going to be implimented and played by the player. 

The forums provide an immense amount of detail about almost every mechanic in the game. The number of skills, how they are divided, how the questing system works...almost anything you want to know about it. Posting years of forum questions and responses here would take up far too much space. If you go to the forums and register, and then ask any questions you want to ask - the community is very helpful and will link previous responses to you or answer you if the question hasn't been answered. Suffice to say, the information is out there.

For instance.  The multiple reality worlds, which is something i kind of invented to describe what your doing with the game, seems interesting...or seems like just seperate solo and multiplayer instances...specifics help with that.

This information has been reviewed in great detail - Community Reflected Worlds, Story Reflected Worlds, Questing and Adventures...here is just one of many threads: http://citadelofsorcery.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2101&hilit=instances&sid=712c5d8fed27671ed5754b2d79fb0b9b

However, for a summary on Reflected Worlds you can also go here: (scroll down a little) http://citadelofsorcery.com/faq/overview

If you want a quick summary of combat:

If you want more details about Combat, go to the forums and ask anything you want to know. The devs will answer you (if they can).

The giant growing world that seems to be too large and complex to be realistic, the complext semi-voxle graphics (all sound wonderful and i got a system that will munch those textures up and cant wait to see it all) perhaps some info on how exactly you plan to dish out this world (are we talking seamless loads as you approach a new zone...is it even zoned?) might give people a better idea as to how realistic its going to be on their system.

This question is addressed almost entirely in the YouTube video about the world. In fact, several of the YouTube videos address this and how the content will be created. There is no zoning, and all loading is done on the fly. If you want the technical version of how this is possible, you can watch this video  

I see on the forums its going to possibly be divided up between f2p worlds and p2p worlds...which i dont mind...untill it becomes and issue dealing with a small playerbase ect, more info on this would be welcomed.

This is not true, and again there is a lot of information on this on the forums  where it is discussed in far more detail, (Here: 

http://citadelofsorcery.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=377&hilit=payment&sid=712c5d8fed27671ed5754b2d79fb0b9b)

but for a brief summary you can read the bottom of this page under Payment Systems and New Server Technology: 

http://citadelofsorcery.com/faq/new-technology

Also, if you guys are not final on the systems...just say so.  It seems like you put  a lot of work, and quality into your videos, which stands to make me belive the same will go for the game....but ive said it before...many have been down this road before and i cant recall a single time its worked down the road.  If the game is years away from a launch dont be afraid to say so.  People like honesty with indy games not inflated expectations and deadlines that wont be met...as many..if not all indy games seem to do.

The devs are very responsive to any questions, and have committed to not putting anything down publicly that they will not fulfill 100%. That is why some questions remain a bit unanswered - like a release date for Alpha or Beta. This is 100% based on funding. Right now they are self-funded, but if a publisher enters the picture you might get a more specific date. All they have stated recently is that they are working toward an Extreme Demo to give more proof of concept for skeptics.

Perhaps a nice webpage with specific systems broken down bullet point style with what you want, what you expect to have and what is already final for being in the game will help this all.  Looking through the forum i have to dig for a developer or staff response and even then its vauge...which leads me to belive theres still a ton of work and time needed yet...which is fine.

There really isn't a way to do this with a game as detailed as CoS. The game design document would be the size of a large novel.

There are some bullet points on the website in a few places:

http://citadelofsorcery.com/faq

http://citadelofsorcery.com/about/asked-and-answered

http://citadelofsorcery.com/about/a-note-from-the-team

The last thing I will say is this - if you are skeptical, have questions, or want to know more about something - and you don't want to watch videos or read through years of forum posts - Just go to their forums and ask. The devs are really busy making the game and probably won't take too much time to go to different game sites and answer questions. They will, however, almost always answer on their own boards.

• BrownAleBrownAle Member Posts: 399

I think the point was, any information on the games specifics needs to be hunted for with great effort.  Most people are not going to go on the game forums and search through all the various threads looking for bits and pieces of info.

The actual website does not present detailed descriptions of any system, at all. 

I think for a game that had failed a kickstart, perhaps its time to lay out exactly what is being done as far as systems, combat, and mechanics of the game in plain sight on the website.  It might generate more interest.  It seems the interest in this game is held by a very small niche crowd thats very tied into the developers.  The rest of us normal gamers, will pop on the website.  See claims of revolutionary this and groundbreaking that...and nothing more into it, and move on, perhaps waiting for more info to come out.

If, as the above poster claims, all this info i and others are looking for is there, it needs to be present in a manner that people passing by to see what the game is about can see it.  Most wont hunt the forums searching for the odd develoeper post that may mention some bits of info they were looking for.

I mean, you dont have to, you can keep doing things as is.  Im not going to lie the game sounds interesting, however it seems there is a problem with getting this word out and gathering more than a niche interest in the game...

Heres an example of website info that was suggested here, related to combat "The combat system in CoS is very unique, with new innovations in how players work together. Our user interface anticipates options that the player wants so that they don’t have to search through large amounts of icons for what they need. This is important because players are able to fully customize their characters by choosing from any of 1890 unique Abilities. (See "Characters")"

It then goes into a paragraph on AI being awesome.

Cool...is it tab target, is it action combat, how does magic and melee and range attack work, any combo system or unique combat mechanic?

I see unique and innovation...but it ends there.  Thats the complaint.  Tell us whats innovative unique and groundbreaking or it just sound like the same hype we here over and over again.

This is true for the other knowledege base categories.  Its paper thin on info and chalked full of buzzwords.  Weve all see this before

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by tazarconan

What they r trying to create is making even brand names like wow,gw2 etc seem like a joke in concept and potential terms.

That statement is the reason AAA devs know they can rake in cash on pre-orders, collectors and founders packages. Most MMO gamers don't seem to be able to tell the difference between wishlists and reality.

@tazerconan: most of the wide-eyed and wonderful ideas people post here can "make even brand names like wow,gw2 etc seem like a joke in concept and potential terms."

Now, before I get the usual "we have secrets and they work" crap from some CoS staffer, I'm not saying your ideas will or won't work. My post was highlighting that MMO gamers will not only put "want to do" on the same scale as "has completed" but they will buy into "want to do" as if it was already completed.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• mythranda1mythranda1 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by tazarconan

What they r trying to create is making even brand names like wow,gw2 etc seem like a joke in concept and potential terms.

That statement is the reason AAA devs know they can rake in cash on pre-orders, collectors and founders packages. Most MMO gamers don't seem to be able to tell the difference between wishlists and reality.

@tazerconan: most of the wide-eyed and wonderful ideas people post here can "make even brand names like wow,gw2 etc seem like a joke in concept and potential terms."

Now, before I get the usual "we have secrets and they work" crap from some CoS staffer, I'm not saying your ideas will or won't work. My post was highlighting that MMO gamers will not only put "want to do" on the same scale as "has completed" but they will buy into "want to do" as if it was already completed.

The cool thing is - almost everything that CoS has said they want to do (publicly) has been completed. They have created a world that is 900 million square kilometers, they have developed (and shown to the public via their Patron Team) a fully working city (The Citadel) with over 500 NPC's who are walking around and living their lives - going to work, play, sleep in their own beds. And they aren't repeating each day - they are literally making choices about where they want to go. They have developed the tools to create all of their massive quests with endless possibilities. All of this has been shown to people outside of the team through various means - as raffle prizes, or as rewards for people who have backed the game. They are now very close to their first demo thanks to the support of the community.

I know I sound like a fan boy...and maybe I am...but when you lurk on those forums for years and watch things slowly unfold, its hard not to feel the passion of that team seeping out. I've read all of the blog posts, dev updates, and most all of the forum threads - and you can actually see the progress the team has made over the years.

Put into perspective - a new cookie cutter MMO takes a couple hundred people and about 3-5 years to make. They have been working on this for 8 years, with anywhere from 10-40 people actively working on the project at a given time. That seems pretty reasonable for a game of this magnitude. Of course, we'll know even more in a few months when they have a demo ready.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    I'll be about as surprised if this game gets released as if Grimoire ever gets released.
  • RlechotRlechot Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Margulis
    I'll be about as surprised if this game gets released as if Grimoire ever gets released.

This game is getting released. These people have put years of their life into this project. No way in hell its not getting released.

• ConvoConvo Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Shils everywhere!  I'd love to know what the projected release date is... 

I mean i get the basic and vauge overview of the game, and it sounds good, just its the specifics that i and others are really looking for...like the exacts on how your systems are going to be implimented and played by the player. 

OK, I can answer some things, others we are still keeping under wraps.   You have to understand that the game is not sold yet, we can't release all information that a player wants to know until we have a publisher.  Still, there are things we have released, and I can talk about those areas.  Example, your question above.

We don't use instances.  Let's define that: An instance in a game is a duplicated area where players are sent to do the same thing without other players present.

Here is how our Reflected Worlds differ from Instances.   When you go to a different Reflected World what you will find there is not the same as another Reflected World.  Hence, it is not a duplication of an area.  A further example of this is that IF you went to another Reflected World to do the same adventure over, it will not be the same adventure, you can't do it over.  You will have to see what is happening on this world and deal with it.

I'm sorry, but the reason you aren't finding details on combat in CoS is simply because we have not released details.  This is one of those areas where we are doing something that we believe it unique, and we are not about to let other game companies know what that is until we are closer to release.   We know this is important to players, and we sympathize, but we will release that information when it is time, and no sooner, no matter how much you want to know.

I can talk about this.   There are no zones.  Once you get into a Reflected World (which is utterly massive) there will be no discernible loads, no zoning, no waiting.   Our system does a lot of very complex things like background streaming, seed creation, multiple systems of LODs in polygon 3D terrain, voxel terrain and height map terrain (each used depending on the distance of what you are seeing, (Polygon 3D up close, which means overhangs, arches, that kind of terrain feature possibilities).  This is a long and technical talk, which I did a video on Youtube about earlier, but the simple answer to your question is, there are no waits for loading once you are in the Reflected World, no matter how long you stay, or how far you go, or what you enter.   We will release some screenshots of this system on our website soon, but although it has been functional for some time, there has been a LOT of work to do in getting it looking great, and we don't want to show it until it looks great.  However, the forest biome is starting to get there, so I anticipate showing some of it in the near future.  Other biomes will take more time (desert, jungle, etc.) before we show them.  

We don't use assigned servers.  This means that as you come into the game we attempt to place you in a server where most of your friends/guild mates are located.  Should the system put you with the wrong people (80% of your friends are on that server, but you wanted to group up with someone in the other 20%) then you can move servers very simply, no charge, in just a minute or two.  This means that we can keep servers dynamically loaded, and populations to a set density.

We have been nothing but honest, which is why no release dates have ever been mentioned.  When we know a date, we will tell players.  You guys think we know and just aren't telling you.  I can ask you to tell me the winning lottery numbers (before the draw), that would be really nice to know!   I doubt you can tell me what you don't know though.

If, and this is not yet true, we were funded by a publisher, we would likely have some kind of time table available for release.  But until that happens we are working with a small team on what could easily be the biggest fantasy MMORPG in history.  With only the team we have (meaning no publisher) it would take several more years to finish.  This is not the plan.  We are actively seeking a publisher right now, and have current interest that I am not at liberty to discuss, but until that turns into a signed contract, we still have no idea when this game will come out.

I'm sorry you guys doubt, but in the end your doubts won't matter, when the game comes out that pretty much cures all doubts.

This is a nice dream by players, but not a reality we are ready to embrace.  We will not release that kind of detail to the general public until we have sold the game.  This is a cut throat business, and we are doing a lot of innovative things that we do not want to tell our competitors.  If this bothers you guys, and makes you doubt... it's just something we have to live with, for now.  All will eventually be revealed.

Jatar

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I like a lot of the ideas this game is mentioning bit i do also feel the results will be a little less than expected.I truly hope not,i would never write anyone off,always nice to have some hope.

I am willing to play ANY game if it is done with some effort,mind you however ,i can spot every little detail ,i would say almost nothing would fool me.Example the whole NPC living world and having jobs and a life is a great idea,i am always looking for that as well as an entire ECO system.However i also know about bot pathing and the huge memory sink all that AI would cause.

I would say the MOST important detail i look for in a game that tells me right away if the game was just a bunch of fast corner cutting is when i look at buildings/structures.If i wasn't so lazy i would insert a pic of what i don't want to see because i can make a static building with no insides in a matter of minutes,that is not effort.I want to see buildings with insides,architecture,objects,moving doors.

It really bothers me when i see gamer's praising the crap efforts some developers are doing,i am not saying this game will be like that,i hope not.Like many,i would love to see a success story from a small development team.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

I like a lot of the ideas this game is mentioning bit i do also feel the results will be a little less than expected.I truly hope not,i would never write anyone off,always nice to have some hope.

I am willing to play ANY game if it is done with some effort,mind you however ,i can spot every little detail ,i would say almost nothing would fool me.Example the whole NPC living world and having jobs and a life is a great idea,i am always looking for that as well as an entire ECO system.However i also know about bot pathing and the huge memory sink all that AI would cause.

I would say the MOST important detail i look for in a game that tells me right away if the game was just a bunch of fast corner cutting is when i look at buildings/structures.If i wasn't so lazy i would insert a pic of what i don't want to see because i can make a static building with no insides in a matter of minutes,that is not effort.I want to see buildings with insides,architecture,objects,moving doors.

It really bothers me when i see gamer's praising the crap efforts some developers are doing,i am not saying this game will be like that,i hope not.Like many,i would love to see a success story from a small development team.

Hey Wizardry,  yeah, that's a personal pet peeve of mine as well.  Hence, we design CoS so that every building has a real interior that fits inside that building, with working windows and doors so you can go in and look back out at all times.  No loading when you click on a door, or popping in.  The interiors are designed to be what you would expect of that kind of building, logical and realistic.  Each is fully decorated inside with objects.  Most importantly to me, we made it so every building has a purpose, no just decorative buildings you walk past but can't go in.  

Thanks for the support, we'll try to bring in as close to what we promise as we can.   Oh, as for the bot pathing and huge memory sink, we wrote a new method of dealing with this from the ground up which we call our A.I. net.  This allows NPCs to make decisions on what they want to do, and to change their mind based on outside influence.  It is extremely efficient, and can handle thousands of NPCs.  This system is already fully functional running lots of NPCs 24 hours a day on our test servers, and has been working for a couple of years now.

Jatar 

Having non instanced houses, and all building able to freely enter is nice.  I hope there is a bit more to them than just decorations.  Its nice to pop into a house see a rug, table, bed ect...would be nice if there was stuff to find of value, or perhaps a cellar with a secret door into a cave with stuff to kill and possibly treasure.

Having stuff decorated is great don't get me wrong, just it will be a ton of time spent so some people can go "eh cool theres stuff in here" and move on.  I think that is the reasons most games don't bother with this stuff.  They are not going to make entering the house more than a simple curiosity so why bother even having the door work.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I used to participate on the forums for a minute. Interesting ideas. But just that, ideas. Until I actually see some gameplay, I'm of the belief this game is nothing more than a myth.

Still no specifics.

I do believe the game exists, and I do believe that they will do that fully rendered textures rather than the standard 2d texture with 3d optical illusions.

Beyond this.  The website and associated videos are soooo vague on details as to why its going to be different, unique, entertaining.

The combat video states how everyone will have to do something different and varying AI ect...cool...doesn't tell me about how combat is executed, just tells me they are going to try to get the AI to not be so...samey...which is good...but again...so vague no footage of examples.

This holds true for every aspect of the website.  Vague info with high promises and a guy who explains it all to me like im some child who has never played a mmorpg before...yeah no shit I need to be in a group where different roles do different things...I should hope so...ok a mob might lure me into some shrubbery with other mobs waiting to ambush...im sure ill fall for that one once...

I don't mean to rag on the combat info and video...but I want to know how combat is executed, aim or tab? How are skills? Standard stuff ive already seen before? If so just say so, I don't mind tab target if the system focuses on strategy beyond a macroed skill rotation..are some mobs just going to be weak to the same set of skill while others strong against? 

For a game that's been in development this long I would hope for more fleshed out details addressed to people who are not kids who have never played a mmorpg before.  This is why kickstart didn't get support.  Developers who give specific details, addresses their audience as people who are not lobotomized, and the ideas are good, they get overwhelming support.  Kickstarters that are vague but sensationalize everything don't...because we have all heard it before.

Ill keep harping on this idea until specifics get addressed (if I haven't lost interest by then).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfqwf9kYfs8&feature=player_embedded

your audience has an IQ above 5.  Please remember this next time you make a video that attempts to give details.

The reason we are not releasing the details about things like our combat system are twofold, the first is very simple; the combat system isn’t anywhere near done yet.  To give details about a system that is still under development just means later, if it isn’t what we said because we make major changes during development, people will complain that we lied to them.  We prefer to stick to the truth at all times, and since the truth is, the combat system isn’t done, we can’t tell you about it.  The second reason is that we are attempting to do some new elements in our system, so we do not wish to release information on that too early.

I do apologize if this upsets any of you.

Now, we do understand that people think we should have more done, because there is a misconception about the development time spent on the game.  That misconception is the ‘eight years’ of development time.  We are a small team.  A full size team (for an MMORPG) could accomplish what we have done in six months to a year (depending on their size).  So in other words, that’s how long this game has been in development.  We don’t calculate this by the calendar, but by ‘man hours’ spent.  Worse, we didn’t license an engine and start building game play and art assets; we started by creating all new technology and tools for the game from scratch.

Now, we do have certain things far along in the development, but other areas are in their infancy.  We choose to dedicate our team’s time on certain elements, and leave the other things for later.  Our first order of business was making the engine and tools, and that’s what we have the farthest along.  We needed both of these in order to attempt some of the design elements we have planned for this game.  These designs required some new technology, far beyond that of engines we could license.  Other areas, like character art and animation, combat, and more, are barely started, or not started at all (as in the NPCs models and animations, we are using placeholders that allow us to test things, but they will all be chucked and the real ones built and added to replace them later).

As for the detail level in the videos, that is the only information we were willing to give out on a game that isn’t even near Alpha yet.   They weren’t meant to be detailed.  That will come later, after we reach Alpha.   We keep telling people that, but those ‘years’ of development (which aren’t really years in full time team man hours) keep confusing them, I guess. 

Everybody wants details, we understand that, and even sympathize.  You can harp on this all you want, but we will only give out details when the time is right for it, and that time is not here yet.  I’m sorry this is not a more satisfying answer, but it is the truth, and we will be sticking to our plan.

So basically after all the funding you asked for you're still not willing to show anything.. hmmm...why even bump this thread?  
  • RlechotRlechot Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Convo
    So basically after all the funding you asked for you're still not willing to show anything.. hmmm...why even bump this thread?  

Dude you serious? Jatar just spent valuable time answering specific questions that were asked by BrownAle and others. And honestly, his information seemed legit and valuable. He doesn't need to show anything right now nor should he until the time is right. Did you even read what he said? And by the way, did you invest your hard earned lemonade stand money into the crowding funding project? Didn't think so. Take a chill pill and have some respect. How old are you 13?

I can't wait for school to get started again..............

Ah the Shils lol... Like I don't know who you work for.. 

He hasn't said anything new.. we both know that..2 more years when this game still isn't ready for Alpha what will you say then!?  It's my opinion..why you mad?! 

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Rlechot
    Originally posted by Convo

Dude you serious? Jatar just spent valuable time answering specific questions that were asked by BrownAle and others. And honestly, his information seemed legit and valuable. He doesn't need to show anything right now nor should he until the time is right. Did you even read what he said? And by the way, did you invest your hard earned lemonade stand money into the crowding funding project? Didn't think so. Take a chill pill and have some respect. How old are you 13?

I can't wait for school to get started again..............

Jatar , Always takes the time and effort to explain where things are at and says what he can. Some people here don't want to listen. Good luck to them , most don't even deserve a response. But he always makes an effort shame others don't.

The Official site has good forums and lots of information, either way more than enough info is available for a game in it's current dev stage. What is more important is that Developers still exist who are willing to push the envelope. And for me that is good.

• Robert_S4Robert_S4 Member Posts: 142

Jatar and the company MMO MAGIC and everyone who works there has my full respect for what they are trying to do (what they are doing).

Jatar has answered many questions I have had in the past, something I have appreciated a lot.

The game is coming along, at it's own pace.

This is a small company.

Though, expect nothing "normal" from these guys, they are in it to create something completely new, and hopefully, breathtaking.

This will be a game that tons of people will try, and move on from quickly, I truly believe that.

The gogetters of today won't have any interest in this after trying it.

On some scale I just know what kind of game MMO MAGIC (and the brilliant people who work there) are trying to create, when looking at the whole picture.

That's the kind of game I'm soooooo looking forward to playing, and I know many more people are aswell (many many more).

It will take the time it will take to finish it, and get it ready for release.

They are taking a chance, a chance I hope pays off, both in profit for the company, and popularity towards Citadel of Sorcery.

The people and the friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded, never forget them~