Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 releaes and alpha testing havn't started yet?

laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
I know they are doing internal testing.  But isn't 2013 a bit soon when they havn't started the alpha testing?  There's 10 more month to go.

Comments

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Yea honestly it seems like they are going to push this out way sooner than it needs to be. I love elder scrolls but im afraid its going to go down the same path as Mortal Online and Darkfall. Just my thoughts.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Yea honestly it seems like they are going to push this out way sooner than it needs to be. I love elder scrolls but im afraid its going to go down the same path as Mortal Online and Darkfall. Just my thoughts.

it's been in development for nearly 6 years.  they tested the alpha in-house.  beta hasn't started yet.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by muffins89

it's been in development for nearly 6 years.  they tested the alpha in-house.  beta hasn't started yet.

Which is why the speculation is beta will start within the next seveal months since the access to sign up just went out recently.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'd guess alpha is private.  From the in-game videos I'm thinking the world framework is already in place, possibly even a good bit of the content.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I sort of doubt it.  General impression I have is that Zenimax has solid management, unlike the companies behind MO and DF.  This is a big budget project.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by XAPGames

I sort of doubt it.  General impression I have is that Zenimax has solid management, unlike the companies behind MO and DF.  This is a big budget project.

All single player Elder Scrolls games have been bugged like hell. Zenimax seems more interested in making money out of sold boxes, than putting out a "mostly bug free" products for the last 20 years. I don't think TESO is going to be different in that regard.

Although, I also expect TESO to be pushed back, unfortunatly the game have been in developpement since 2007. At some point I expect the guys in suit to say "enough" and put it out...

• ViolatedMonkeyViolatedMonkey Member Posts: 4
    You do know that Zenimax has never released a game before correctly? Bethesda is the company that makes The Elder Scrolls single player game. Zenimax studios was solely created for The Elder Scrolls Online.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    The game will hit the market in the same state most recent titles did and therefore failed: not nearly enough content.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I think they are scared that the beta testers are not going to like the game and leak a bunch of bad publicity.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Volgore
    The game will hit the market in the same state most recent titles did and therefore failed: not nearly enough content for all of us who take a week of vacation off beginning on launch day and spend every waking hour playing to max level as fast as possible.

Fixed...

Ratero.

• SharessSharess Member UncommonPosts: 293
    OP sounds like he needs to chill. 2013 release and it's FEBURARY... They have LOTS of time.

Sharess Dragonstar - Midgard
    Grievance is recruiting.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Rhonen
    The game will hit the market in the same state most recent titles did and therefore failed: not nearly enough content for all of us who take a week of vacation off beginning on launch day and spend every waking hour playing to max level as fast as possible.

Fixed...

Ratero.

So i assume you are one of these guys who blamed the players who i.e. reached lvl 80 after 4 month in GW2 and complained about nothing to do that they "played too fast" ?

Ok.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Rhonen

Fixed...

Ratero.

So i assume you are one of these guys who blamed the players who i.e. reached lvl 80 after 4 month in GW2 and complained about nothing to do that they "played too fast" ?

Ok.

And so it starts...claims that  TESO doesn't have enough content before it even launches.

I'm looking forward to the game; just not the flaming that will occur 24 hours after launch and continue for 24 months.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by laokoko
    I know they are doing internal testing.  But isn't 2013 a bit soon when they havn't started the alpha testing?  There's 10 more month to go.

Alpha testing is usualy all done within the company and usualy with some hired game testers, unless its a small company. Beta testing is what usualy happens outside the company.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I have posted this before.  Of all the things people bitch and moan about, few people are concerned about the fact little info has been released after ~ 6 years of development.

The rate of info disclosed to the public can be likened to the slow drip of a leaky faucet.

I would like to see raw gameplay footage.  GW2 was able to lay all its cards on the table....2 years before launch. 

I just hope everything is ok and the end product is of a high quality.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Internal testing is their Alpha Testing.  Look for beta to kick off within a month or 2 and release in November 2013.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    As long as they're giving themselves enough wiggle room to not worry about a firm Christmas deadline before they are ready, I'm fine.
  • Casca9226Casca9226 Member Posts: 25
    while im not really worried about the game releasing before its finished, i am conserned about the hype they are losing out on by not atleast showing some up to date videos. I mean come on, its been in production for 6 years and all we get are some SS's and some lousy fraps video of poor looking combat. Im really looking forward to this game but would hope for some better updates by now, especially with a release date this year
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Maybe it's all a vapourware front to help hostages escape from an embassy in Maryland? If so, 2 thumbs up?
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Open/public beta tests are a joke anyway and only serve the purpose as stress tests and free trials. Stress tests can be done by bots/programs too. So all that is left is the free trial purpose.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

You can look at it in one of two ways, there's nothing to show or they wish to rely heavily on anticipation/curiosity to boost sales.

Well there's a third option, they'll have an OB at some point, making all this moot. There's no better proof than playing the actual game.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I don't think people here understand the difference between alpha and beta tests.

Developers rarely announce alpha tests, and they are primarily done in house. If this game is seeing a late 2013 launch I wouldnt expect to see any beta announcements until August / September.

By the time AAA games get to beta stage, its pretty much just last minute polishing and stress testing, and we gamers just use the oppertunity to try before we buy. I have never seen a AAA game where beta hasresulted in any significant changes. 

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by evilastro

I don't think people here understand the difference between alpha and beta tests.

Developers rarely announce alpha tests, and they are primarily done in house. If this game is seeing a late 2013 launch I wouldnt expect to see any beta announcements until August / September.

By the time AAA games get to beta stage, its pretty much just last minute polishing and stress testing, and we gamers just use the oppertunity to try before we buy. I have never seen a AAA game where beta hasresulted in any significant changes. 

I agree.  For the most part, the "Beta Tests" we have the opportunity to play are older versions of the game than what they are testing internally.  We may find bugs and report them (as we should) but for all we know the ones we find may already be fixed in the "current" version of their code.  I think we are now mainly being used for stress testing servers (and publicity) more than anything else.

Several years ago when we had access to real Beta tests we had constent access to the game and enough time to properly test certain features.  These days we may get 24 hours here and there to give us a "taste" then they shut the servers down for a few more weeks.  I really don't consider "todays Beta testing" anything like what it used to be.

Ratero.