Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    PS4 sounds good so far.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

It is what we thought it was:  eight AMD Jaguar cores and an AMD GPU in the same ballpark as a Radeon HD 7850.

The new detail is 8 GB of GDDR5 as unified system and video memory.  176 MB/s likely means a 256-bit memory bus at 1.375 GHz.  That will enable higher resolution textures than PCs can have at the moment, though it probably won't be too long before some video cards start to get more video memory than that.

I'm not sure how expensive GDDR5 memory is anymore.  It used to be fairly expensive, but now it's common enough that I have no idea whether it's basically the same price as DDR3 or still vastly more expensive.

That's actually a sensible use for streaming games over the Internet:  backward compatibility with PS3 games.  They had to mostly break backward compatibility to move away from Cell, and x86 looks likely to be around for a very long time.  Streaming means that PS3 games would still be playable, even if far from ideal--and not nearly as good as playing them locally on a real PS3.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

This is my favorite version of the feb 20 event. 

Nothing too interesting for me tbh.  The game that interested me is multiplatform anyways so o.o 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by Castillle

This is my favorite version of the feb 20 event. 

Nothing too interesting for me tbh.  The game that interested me is multiplatform anyways so o.o 

LOL! Ty that was pretty funny.