Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS NEW TESO news is going to shock you all, literally.

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

spacebar if the story is lame, otherwise nice addition.

Don't mind reading good stories or listening to VO if the rest of the game is good.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by archeageking

its been known that swtor blew $100 million dollars on voice over alone. Who knows how much elder scroll funded on voice acting alone. VO is a red flag for me anyway. 

I was happy to buy day 1 elder scrolls online, but this causes me to be cautious and skeptical. Therefore, not a day 1 purchase for me i will wait it out and check out players review down the road.

That article woke me up, pretty disappointed but what can i do. 

Your name reveals your bias and motives and your opinion seems highly reactionary.

1. SWToR didn't have bad acting. It had bad dialogue and cliche plots.

2. VO can be expensive if you have to use union actors. Yet, this price would give you much much better results than non-unionized 'my friend will do it; he had a great voice when we played d and d' min wage actors.

3. Because SWToR implemented a feature badly, why in the world would that mean a completely different company would be bound to the same fate?

4. I doubt you are really disappointed. I believe you have found your game of choice.

5. I didn't read the article, as I didn't want to be literally really really really shocked. Electricity can kill; and  how the article has mastered the power of electricity to literally reach out and shock someone, well, it makes me scared........

Either that or you completely misused the word. 

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

33 posts.....

errrrrrm, ther is no bad news about a fully voiced game. you just need to remember that there is more when developing a game than sound.

TSW also was fully voiced.

no i am not shocked in the slightest way, i like sound. i have ears.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

This tells us nothing about the game apart from the fact itself that it's fully voiced.

DCUO was fully voiced as well as (and earlier than) SWTOR and the two are very different games.

The amount of writing and the presentation of the voiced lines are a big factor.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I like a good cut-scene and VO as much as the next guy who likes a good cut-scene and VO.  As long as the rest of the game keeps me interested, it's all gravy, baby.  SWTOR had heavy voice acting, it's true; SWTOR didn't hold my attention, it's also true - no way that means every other game that has voice overs is going to suck moose butt. 

I'm fairly certain that those of us who are interested are going to play the game and give it a fair shot, and whatever happens after that remains to be seen.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Thats great, VO is not what have made SWTOR so bad, it was the creppy hero engine and missing of dungeon finder.

To have a good story and cutscenes in a game is the most important part, it creates athmosphere. Everyone who just want to kill/loot ect. is not a true roleplayer and can play shitty games like darkfail.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    Originally posted by Thane

33 posts.....

errrrrrm, ther is no bad news about a fully voiced game. you just need to remember that there is more when developing a game than sound.

TSW also was fully voiced.

no i am not shocked in the slightest way, i like sound. i have ears.

TSW had a crappy character gen, bad combat animations and sound.  Now maybe that was a failure of those departments and not from lack of money, but without full vo there would have been more money to spend on the game (whether that money would have been spent wisely, who knows).

DCUO also ended up a failure, although due more to trying to be a hybred con/comp mix.

I like VO, but after the first time hearing it I ignore it, so is it really worth spending a lot of money on?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I don't give a crap for voiceovers and story, as long as I can spacebar through it, I won't have a problem with it. I dont play an mmorpg for its voiceover and story. If I want story I read a book. I play an mmorpg for entertainment, playing with friends and family, meeting new friends, and adventuring with them all ingame.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

If they are on the same level as those in TSW, I welcome them warmly.

Just because sweater sucked balls doesn't mean VOs are terrible.  /bonk

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It don't matter to me......

Bread..1969

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    You get a minus 1 to you deductive reasoning skills. Of course it would, why would anyone assume different?
  • tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    "Come to MMORPG to discuss the ongoing hostilities like the rest of the 'great warriors'?"
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The similarites between SWTOR and ESO end at Voice Over.  VO's are a mark of Triple-A quality and most newer triple-A games will include them.  You can also include them for much cheaper then SWTOR did.

The differences between the 2 games are vast.  1 is a WoW clone through and through and the other is an innovative, lore rich, exploration centric, full featured MMO featuring new and exciting game systems as well as resurecting long time old school features.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I hope the game has great voiceacting, interesting stories and nicely directed cutscenes.

In SWTOR the cutscenes are static, mostly chars standing around, waving hands and talking. No camera movement, all static.

GW2 was even more lazy with its dull pointless story and chars talking in front of generic backgrounds. I expect A LOT more from ESO.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by azzamasin

The similarites between SWTOR and ESO end at Voice Over.  VO's are a mark of Triple-A quality and most newer triple-A games will include them.  You can also include them for much cheaper then SWTOR did.

The differences between the 2 games are vast.  1 is a WoW clone through and through and the other is an innovative, lore rich, exploration centric, full featured MMO featuring new and exciting game systems as well as resurecting long time old school features.

YOu speak like you have already played the finished product? All we can do is SPECULATE. The SWTOR devs said the same thing the TESO devs are saying now.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

And other useless thread with a more than wrong title.... thx for wasting my time.

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• drchocapicdrchocapic Member Posts: 27
    "Literally" doesn't mean what you think it means. Neither does "shock" apparently.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Originally posted by Total_Hunt

This isn't new news.

I assume it will be 'fully voiced' like Skyrim / Oblivion. Not long conversations with dialogue choices like Mass Effect / SWTOR.

My expectation as well. In fact, I don't expect to see any cutscenes like SWTOR, TSW and GW2 have. Just NPCs with their text having voice over like in Skyrim. ZOS seems to be taking a lots of inspiration from Skyrim already.

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

me too.

Whats shocking about that I think that is good news, anyway I wont play this game since the hevy pvp focus.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

me too.

Best thing about swtor was the story and the voice acting, so why are this bad news?. Im maybe im wrong but all the TES games have also full voice acting. this are GREAT news, another MMO where the STORY actually matter. 

• MarcelinoMarcelino Member UncommonPosts: 124
    It's not sad at all, it just depends how its approached. I personally loathed the voice overs in SWTOR, but thought they where amazing in The Secret World.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

me too.

But I like Voice Overs Zim... ^^  I have no problem with VO's, as long as they are done well, and used well.  That was one of the few things I enjoyed about SWTOR.  It was all of the other things that piled up, that made me leave the game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

This isn't news.

I know the OP sees 'voice acting' and thinks 'SWTOR', but the simple truth is that MMOs have been moving in the direction of voice acted content since before WoW. (EQ2 had VO before WoW released back in 2004) This is just the trend the industry has been going in for quite some time.

Maybe back in the '90s VO wasn't a thing, now it is. It's pretty much expected in most games now. Sure it drives costs, and we can argue about whether or not it really benefits games at all, but it's not going away as long as it's popular; and it most definitely is.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

me too.

So, voice acting in a game is an automatic strike against it just because SWTOR has it and SWTOR is a bad game?  Well what about all the games that had voice acting that came before SWTOR and were good?  What about the ones that came after SWTOR but are good.  Voice acting is not a strike against The Secret World or Guild Wars 2, so why should it be a strike against TESO?

Also, SWTOR might be as a failure as an MMO, but as a regular RPG, it is a good game.  If they Bioware had taken their ideas for SWTOR and turned it into a single player RPG with possible multiplayer functions, I doubt anyone would be complaining and everyone would be singing Bioware's praises.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Comcast8888Comcast8888 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    whats the shock?  swtor didnt fail b/c of voice over so what the point of this thread? 
This discussion has been closed.