Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just like Swotor and Gw2, TESO is going to fix everything!

Well TESO or any other of these games that seem to rely exclusively on being new to have people excited about them. Seriously, even a company like Cryptic and their awful track record seem able to sell 200$ beta keys.

I assume that'll never change but wonder what'll be next? Gobots Online?

Comments

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

So what exactly do you tryeing to achieve with this really meaningful post?

Just because you dont like some games or you dont know how marketing works doesnt mean you have to sound like total douchebag

man .......

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by kikoodutroa8

Well TESO or any other of these games that seem to rely exclusively on being new to have people excited about them. Seriously, even a company like Cryptic and their awful track record seem able to sell 200$ beta keys.

It's only got an awful track record because people think it has an awfult track record.  People who actually do the reaserch always seem to find that the only reason some people hate Cryptic is because people claim that people hate Cryptic and nothing more.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

and just like for every other mmo released so far we have enough people to tell us how useless it will be.

... so they can run around feeling important once they are right.

(totaly awesome how you guys actually do this for EVERY mmo being released... before you actually know for sure)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KaiserPhoenixKaiserPhoenix Member Posts: 59
    I don't mind if you won't play it op. You can deal with the subject of it killing any other mmo all you want, while we play it and judge it based on our gameplay.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Because, like games before them...new is new and brings the hope of something that may actually be worth playing.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Originally posted by Thane

and just like for every other mmo released so far we have enough people to tell us how useless it will be.

(totaly awesome how you guys actually do this for EVERY mmo being released... before you actually know for sure)

Not to be an ass, but to also be an ass...

Some people have the ability to retain the memory of certain types of gameplay and know, when they hear another game is being made based on that gameplay that its going to be a crapfest. Take TESO for example, DaoCs RvR was a crapfest, in fact every single MMO with closed faction zones and funneled PvP was a crapfest and since TESO will also have it, it will be a crapfest and thus no point in me giving money to a company making a game based on a crapfest.

PS. crapfest.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by jtcgs

Not to be an ass, but to also be an ass...

Some people have the ability to retain the memory of certain types of gameplay and know, when they hear another game is being made based on that gameplay that its going to be a crapfest. Take TESO for example, DaoCs RvR was a crapfest, in fact every single MMO with closed faction zones and funneled PvP was a crapfest and since TESO will also have it, it will be a crapfest and thus no point in me giving money to a company making a game based on a crapfest.

PS. crapfest.

wua you have memory? i have 8 gigs here too!

and if you think daoc's rvr was a crapfest, i'd say your memory failed you, little padavan. so your argument actually ends where it started.

maybe you should go and play... whatever you played before, tho it does not sound like you enjoyed alot of those games :P

yes, i DO remember daoc, and it's pvp. and i know it was no crapfest dude.

there is of cors alot more point in waiting till all the publishers and their lovely money making machines hit the nail on the head... as they always do....... not.

why give developers your money when you can waste it in games you dont like, i totaly see where you come from :)

i cannot deny your flawless logic... hm, or wait, think i just did. nm.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

and if you think daoc's rvr was a crapfest, i'd say your memory failed you, little padavan. so your argument actually ends where it started.

The fact that you believe everyone MUST like the same style of play shows why you spout closed minded short sighted BS...especially for a game that never topped 250K players during a time when EQ and SWG was sporting 400K and Lineage was topping 1 million. DaoC was the beginning of the dumbing down of the genre, PvP for carebears.

• VindicarVindicar Member UncommonPosts: 138

Since I consider that thread one nice troll... I'll troll !

DAoC was for kids and girls.

Big person were playing different mmos.

/discuss

Old school french hardcore whiner. Online since T4C.

I was "Namless" and "Daroot" in AO (Rk2)
    Been known as "Vindicar" (Aion (EU), SWTOR (EU), WoW (EU).
    Recently  Known as "Wundicar" and "Wundee" in Age of Wushu (US) and Wulin (EU)

Franky Rivera Reyes , From the Reyes Brotherhood (Star Citizen)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I don't know about Gobots online, but that did make me think of Goblets Online! What a great idea, you could progress your goblet in game by adding special features and jewels to it, then go smash someone in the face with it! Afterwards, you could go have a drink!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I don't know about Gobots online, but that did make me think of Goblets Online! What a great idea, you could progress your goblet in game by adding special features and jewels to it, then go smash someone in the face with it! Afterwards, you could go have a drink!

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Not every WoW clone turns out good.  TESO falls in the top 60% though, so thats still a passing grade.

Since TESO puts graphics over gameplay and longevity, it's clearly going to get sales, even as a SWTOR clone.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

This discussion has been closed.