Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Update 2.0 Arrives on PTS

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Star Wars: The Old Republic players who like to get a preview of the next update will want to head to the public test server to check out v2.0 that has just arrived. According to the official site, v2.0 will feature new abilities, a new Operation, updated skill trees and more.

Game Update 2.0 contains a host of new features including:

• New gear available only to level 55 characters.

• A new Operation: Scum and Villainy.

• New abilities and skill trees for all 16 Advanced Classes.

• New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.

• New Nightmare Mode Operation: Terror from Beyond.

• Legacy Achievements – Complete challenges to earn unique titles and vanity rewards across your Legacy.

Head to The Star Wars: The Old Republic's site to find out how to join the PTS.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• velmaxvelmax Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Cant wait!!
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I'm disappointed yet again that BW doesn't seem to want to fix SWTOR. A 2.0 version update is usually something to look forward to, but not this time it seems.
  • StarkStark Member Posts: 119
    This all you get when 3 people are left working on this dead game.
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

/mind still boggled

Seriously? This is patch 2.0?

I still believe this company is hell bent on making sure this game does not live long or become successful as they have done literally nothing to fix the things that drove so many away, nor make the changes needed to get more F2P people to invest in the game

/sits back and waits for the few who actually have invested come rant and rave against reality.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    This must be the only game here where haters are on constant alert, waiting to jump in and spit their venom seconds after a relevant post emerges. I think it's a good udpate.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Originally posted by Stark
    This all you get when 3 people are left working on this dead game.

Hmmm I started a Sith Sorc on Shadowlands server and even at 1 am CST the starter zone is pretty busy! I was surprised myself. I had no trouble finding PUGs to do both the starter Heroics +2!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    They are going to have to do better than this. The problem isn't new flashpoints and a level cap increase BW, just a pro tip.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    So no server transfers included?

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• eric_w66eric_w66 Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Where's my Cathar?
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by eric_w66
    Where's my Cathar?

This doesnt look like the 'expansion' patch, just the typical preexpansion patch that WoW and Rift use to get people used to the new skill trees (or lack thereof in MoPs case)

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

SO .. is this game really going to be F2P after this?

Subscribers get all those perks, new levels, new crew skills.

F2P'ers will be left in the dust.

Ohhh .. but in EA's last quarterly statement, didn't they declare SWTOR as a P2P game?  OH SNAP!!

A candle in the wind .. burning both ends?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I'm disappointed yet again that BW doesn't seem to want to fix SWTOR. A 2.0 version update is usually something to look forward to, but not this time it seems.

Last time I played I do not remember there was anything to be fixed, game as it is it is as I love it. Ok, I could not care less for pvp then I do so I can not speak for that area.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    They are going to have to do better than this. The problem isn't new flashpoints and a level cap increase BW, just a pro tip.

Not everything that we will have in the 2.0 update is right now on the PTS. Makeb is not even there, and i know that is hard to understand but a lot of people is actually playing the game and waiting the expansion. 

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    I do not think that update 2.0 will come before Makeb.  Makeb is not going to be tested on PTS, it was already announced. There will be a separate beta testing  for expansion.  I am sure we could grind to level 55 without new content, but then introducing Makeb when you are already 55 does not make much sense.                      

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

2.0 is not ROTHC . IT's new content for when ROTHC arrives, VERY soon, as in a week spring starts.

ROTHC will be allot bigger, and that might probably include some very much needed additions. I only know about one persistant bug, and they do keep on fixing bugs. I've seen just as much bugs in GW@, etc., so that's not a valid reason to hate the game. PVP is very balanced, people who say it isn't, maybe you're the problem?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    I do not think that update 2.0 will come before Makeb.  Makeb is not going to be tested on PTS, it was already announced. There will be a separate beta testing  for expansion.  I am sure we could grind to level 55 without new content, but then introducing Makeb when you are already 55 does not make much sense.                      

Makeb will be on the 2.0 update, just not on the PTS, probably because all the spoilers from the story. 

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

This is great.

Finally SWTOR players get to pay (again) for content that should have been in the game

for free,6 months ago.

More cartel market items please.

Originally posted by Rockard

This is great.

Finally SWTOR players get to pay (again) for content that should have been in the game

for free,6 months ago.

More cartel market items please.

Server transfers should have been in the game 6 months ago.......I'd be more pissed if it doesnt come with the expansion.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    The free character copy to PTS they introduced is the first step to character transfer... just look at the way how they implemented it and it's obvious. Now that it's on test Server they can polish all bugs and might be that they introduce it with Makeb.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    The free character copy to PTS they introduced is the first step to character transfer... just look at the way how they implemented it and it's obvious. Now that it's on test Server they can polish all bugs and might be that they introduce it with Makeb.

Well at least I feel better now that you said that. <3

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    man they give you content and the people complain?.. what a group todays gamers are.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423
    Why is this game still alive?
  • waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

I'll admit that the emphasis on the Carel Market is a little annoying.  However the game has come a long way in recent months.  The population on my server has been growing since F2P came along.  It's not growing extremely fast, but it is definitely growing.  And I think it's too soon to make a decision on the quality of the expansion.  We won't know all the details until release.

Also, the notion that this game is "broke" is ridiculous.  I play often and rarely have issues.  I think there is some exaggeration going on as far is this is concerned.  It's a very playable game.  

• FaynthFaynth Member Posts: 237
    hmm might give it a look again
  • DaedalEVEDaedalEVE Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by jtcgs

/mind still boggled

Seriously? This is patch 2.0?

I still believe this company is hell bent on making sure this game does not live long or become successful as they have done literally nothing to fix the things that drove so many away, nor make the changes needed to get more F2P people to invest in the game

/sits back and waits for the few who actually have invested come rant and rave against reality.

So tell me... what exactly are the things that "drove so many away"? I'd like to know because I've been paying to play since launch, and I have yet to understand what these horrible game breaking bug/issues are that make it so impossible to play the game. Could someone (ANYONE) please tell me!?