Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Getting Around Town

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Neverwinter site has been updated with a new blog post that discusses everything you need to know about mounts and getting around town. Mounts, according to the post, are based on D&D and will unlock at level 20. Devs are also kicking around the idea of special mounts for PvPers and Foundry authors.

When Neverwinter launches, mounts are going to be one of the key midgame rewards, and we’re tentatively planning special mounts for dedicated PvPers and Foundry authors. When you hit Level 20, you’ll unlock the ability to get mounts. (Make sure to save up gold from quests, though, as mounts aren’t cheap.)

At high levels, zones are larger, so you’ll be riding to locations and hopping off for combat. These zones are every bit as epic as we could make them, so having a mount will save a ton of time in Icespire Peak and Mount Hotenow.

Read the full post on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Mounts are a key feature I like in all MMOs so I am glad Neverwinter has them. Without mounts, an MMO quickly loses that facet of immersion when travelling in-game IMO.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Mounts are a great part of a MMO glad they added them, I am almost not jaded on this game.
  • sodade21sodade21 Member UncommonPosts: 349
    i totaly prefer mounts over a ton of portals for everywhere..making the world seem dead. +1 for mounts!
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by SBFord

The Neverwinter site has been updated with a new blog post that discusses everything you need to know about mounts and getting around town. Mounts, according to the post, are based on D&D and will unlock at level 20. Devs are also kicking around the idea of special mounts for PvPers and Foundry authors.

When Neverwinter launches, mounts are going to be one of the key midgame rewards, and we’re tentatively planning special mounts for dedicated PvPers and Foundry authors. When you hit Level 20, you’ll unlock the ability to get mounts. (Make sure to save up gold from quests, though, as mounts aren’t cheap.)

At high levels, zones are larger, so you’ll be riding to locations and hopping off for combat. These zones are every bit as epic as we could make them, so having a mount will save a ton of time in Icespire Peak and Mount Hotenow.

Read the full post on the Neverwinter site.

That is excellent news regarding higher level zones being much larger.  Game is pretty fun as a dungeon runner and this just makes the open world even more promising.  Can't wait!!!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!