Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

most indepth mmorpg

gagemackay1gagemackay1 Member UncommonPosts: 13
was just wondering what mmorpg people thought was the most indepth and why  by indepth i mean like the most choices in classes and crafting and skills and of combining skills

Comments

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151
    welll that depends on what you consider depth....theres alotta games that cater to certain playstyles..if you mean mmmorpgs in general then i'd say WoW..it has the most content  and options of all the games iv'e played...i have high hopes for Archeage, Wildstar and The Repopulation but they haven't been released..they look great tho :)
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by rogue187
    welll that depends on what you consider depth....theres alotta games that cater to certain playstyles..if you mean mmmorpgs in general then i'd say WoW..it has the most content  and options of all the games iv'e played...i have high hopes for Archeage, Wildstar and The Repopulation but they haven't been released..they look great tho :)

Out of themeparks its probably EQ2.  More classes, more abilities per class, toughest to max your dps.  Raid makeup requires thought behind x tanks, y dps, z healers.

But themeparks typically have the least depth.  EvE is definitely in the running.  Pre-CU SWG probably wins.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    if you mean mmmorpgs in general then i'd say WoW..it has the most content  and options of all the games iv'e played...

Wow.

And I don't mean that as an acronym.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    if you mean mmmorpgs in general then i'd say WoW..it has the most content  and options of all the games iv'e played...

Wow.

And I don't mean that as an acronym.

yet you list nothing...your insight is...not very insightfull

just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have depth...it has more content than any game out there...it can ( as a noob) keep you busy for years.. it kept me busy...like i said it depends on your outlook of what "in depth" is...
  • Swammy22Swammy22 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have depth...it has more content than any game out there...it can ( as a noob) keep you busy for years.. it kept me busy...like i said it depends on your outlook of what "in depth" is...

He is waiting for the Fraggle Rock MMO. Who isn't?!? The theme song alone! My god the theme song!!!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

1a. EVE

1b. Age of Wushu

Systems and freedom.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

1. who wants to be a ship?

2. who wants to click to move or walk incredibly slow?

apparently you do...not the rest of us

I agree who wants to do that? That's probably why I didn't last in EVE.

Originally posted by bcbully

i spent 20 minutes in aow...it was outdated crap..yay features...if gampeplay isn't smooth, noone will play it.

my point is this game has astronimical potential...but it feels cheaply made and implemented...yes westernisation exists for a reason

Originally posted by bcbully

i spent 20 minutes in aow...it was outdated crap..yay features...if gampeplay isn't smooth, noone will play it.

my point is this game has astronimical potential...but it feels cheaply made and implemented...yes westernisation exists for a reason

The rest of the world disagrees with you. 

Hey, WoW was your pick for "in depth game." I'm suprised you lasted 20 minutes in AoW image

btw..the first 20 mins is whats gonna determine a game or not...lotta ppl kick and scream with not giving it a chance but seriuosly? would you give some ranting hobo the time of day? even if w/e he said was true or not, society dictates you won't...same applies here...entrance us or get lost..hasn't that been the way of the "clones" ?

if ur speaking for asia and the other countries u dont live in yay them...will fail here...adapt or die

your right...talking to npcs is exciting ...wtf do i play a game for again? oh ya... EXCITE ME...i'm from maryland and couldn't care less about chinese lore...not to mention i don't want to gain xp or anything else while i'm offline...how un-interactive is that? game still has shitty  mechanics...i'll give u the graphics they're...ok ;) the real question is...how have you acsertained it has more content than wow?...eventually it all boils done to the same shit....and i'll take polished shit...thanx

Im going to assume this is just trolling, but in case it isnt...

EQ2 (the game that came out within 2 weeks of WoW) beats WoW in content and its not remotely close.  And amount fo content isnt a big factor in depth anyway.

themepark depth order:

EQ2

LOTRO

RIFT

WoW

TERA

SWToR

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

EQ2 (the game that came out within 2 weeks of WoW) beats WoW in content and its not remotely close.  And amount fo content isnt a big factor in depth anyway.

themepark depth order:

EQ2

LOTRO

RIFT

WoW

TERA

SWToR

Ill agree with ur list there, however i qould put Everquest 1 somewhere before rift (although old game it did have alot of depth in it atleast i reckon it does) I would also consider putting vanguard in there aswell somewhere although i havant played vanguard from what i heard it definetly deserve a spot in that list.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I think WoW is a good game, but depth? I vote for EVE

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Originally posted by sanshi44

themepark depth order:

EQ2

LOTRO

RIFT

WoW

TERA

SWToR

Ill agree with ur list there, however i qould put Everquest 1 somewhere before rift (although old game it did have alot of depth in it atleast i reckon it does) I would also consider putting vanguard in there aswell somewhere although i havant played vanguard from what i heard it definetly deserve a spot in that list.

I dont consider EQ1 a themepark (I think quest hubs are a defining themepark feature, EQs leveling structure is far too open ended), but VG does get slotted probably right above Rift.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

my vote would be EvE

for themeparks Rift is fun for combinations and now each class has an extra soul which totals 9 each class now i believe.. you have a pretty incredible amount of options.. when I played there were plenty of cookie cutters but you could also make tons of very good combinations on your own that worked great but outisde soul system doesn't offer much depth imho

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

:wave hands:

Okay, stop the thread right there--

It's obvious that people are approaching this thread with very different definitions of what constitutes "Depth".

OP, would you care to elucidate exactly what it is that you are looking for?

the most choices in classes and crafting and skills and of combining skills

All right, from this morning then, was it not Lineage II advertising 32 classes? It's certainly old enough to have "skills" depth, though I haven't seen the game...well, ever (just Lineage I). Crafting--presumably we've looking for a sandbox-level crafting game for that, yes? Maybe?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Irrelevant to the discussion on depth.

lol at choice of WoW for depth.

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626
    Originally posted by Icewhite

:wave hands:

Okay, stop the thread right there--

It's obvious that people are approaching this thread with very different definitions of what constitutes "Depth".

OP, would you care to elucidate exactly what it is that you are looking for?

The above.

Is it depth in systems, or in content?

Or, say, are you actually talking about breadth, and not depth at all?

Some elaboration is in order. :)

EDIT: So, my edit as wall, going on choices of classes and skills... It's somewhere in the EQ line, I'd say. EQ would naturally have more but even EQ2 has both a lot of choices and a lot of content.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by DMKano

Eq1 - 19 expansions, unmatched content, lore, faction system, 100 levels over 8000 AAs, insane amount of gear.

Eq2 doesn't even come close, nor does any other game.

"classes" at last count?

I suspect the op's going to end up at a fairly old title (old=more time to add stuff), once the fanboy pissing contest is over. Which may not be what he really had in mind....

Judging by his one-and-only other post, nothing mentioned so far is very close to what he's really after. TERA, maybe? I'm not well educated on Manga-y MMOs. FFXIV?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

my vote would be EvE

for themeparks Rift is fun for combinations and now each class has an extra soul which totals 9 each class now i believe.. you have a pretty incredible amount of options.. when I played there were plenty of cookie cutters but you could also make tons of very good combinations on your own that worked great

While you may have a lot of choices to build your class, the resulting class plays much more shallow than its EQ2 or LOTRO (which has a surprising amount of depth) counterparts.  The PA is a joke and offers no strategy to it whatsoever (unlike EQ2 AA).  Crafting is as simplistic as it gets and the gear stat design is also fairly simplistic.  Everything in Rift is just so straightforward outside of the skill trees.  Those skill trees are enough to put it ahead of WoW, but not any higher.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

my vote would be EvE

for themeparks Rift is fun for combinations and now each class has an extra soul which totals 9 each class now i believe.. you have a pretty incredible amount of options.. when I played there were plenty of cookie cutters but you could also make tons of very good combinations on your own that worked great

While you may have a lot of choices to build your class, the resulting class plays much more shallow than its EQ2 or LOTRO (which has a surprising amount of depth) counterparts.  The PA is a joke and offers no strategy to it whatsoever (unlike EQ2 AA).  Crafting is as simplistic as it gets and the gear stat design is also fairly simplistic.  Everything in Rift is just so straightforward outside of the skill trees.  Those skill trees are enough to put it ahead of WoW, but not any higher.

yea ill agree outside skill trees game doesn't offer much depth..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg