Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is there NO humor at all ?

2»

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I personally find Sith Warrior quite hilarious being the biggest dick I can be. That might just be me though.  Its just quite entertaining watching him being all cocky about everything.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    I think some of the humor was sacrifised because of voice overs, cinematics and conversation choises. Bioware's conversation system is much harder to write humor with that WoW's quest descriptions.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
    A: "Kira, join the dark side!" (changed the wording to prevent spoilers)
    K: "I'd rather jump out an airlock naked!"

The line was well delivered at a tense moment in the story and was very funny.

The Huttball announcers were also funny the first 50 or so times.

Some of the ds scenes can be morbidly hilarious.

But I do agree that this game is a bit more serious than it should be most of the time compared to, say, WOW.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by IG-88
    Did BW employ a bunch of failed US Marines for the conversations?

Not a single joke or laughter, not even witty remarks..bleh.

(Yousa says: "did bw employ a bunch of doo-doo us marines for da conversations? no a single funny-funny or laughter, no even witty remarks.")

Is that better?

(Watch that doo-doo comment JarJar, you're gonna get feedback from that one)

lol. Stupid Jar Jar talk.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Fennris
    A: "Kira, join the dark side!" (changed the wording to prevent spoilers)
    K: "I'd rather jump out an airlock naked!"

The line was well delivered at a tense moment in the story and was very funny.

The Huttball announcers were also funny the first 50 or so times.

Some of the ds scenes can be morbidly hilarious.

But I do agree that this game is a bit more serious than it should be most of the time compared to, say, WOW.

WoW had decent passive humor in it's early stages .. stuff like scaring NPC's with a toy mechanical yeti chasing them, deployable cannons that looked like toys, cute stuff .. sex change items (sort of a bug I think) .. dresses for transvestites .. humor seemed to be better 2004-2009.

Blizzard kind of went over the deep end when it started patronizing famous people, such as Indiana Jones = Harrison Jones.  Or raid bosses that would fart / poop out their back ends.  I think they intended that sort of content to be funny, but it didn't come off very well in the end, for me.  The humor had moved from passive to active / slapstick / forced comedy.

Star Wars does have some one liners / two liners that are funny in it's lore, but the theme is mostly serious .. so SWTOR did OK for me in that area.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

It is a shame that there is no romance option for female sith inquisitors with Khem Val heh heh image

If they ever add it, be sure to get one of those Hannibal Lecter masks for him! Just to be safe! :p

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Statement: 90% probability that the lack of humour in Star Wars The Old Republic is due to budgetary constraits and EA. There is also a 10% probability that EA and Bioware purposefuly left out humour and require a good blasting to motivate their circuits into reconsidering. This however may be wishful thinking on my part Master.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Statement: 90% probability that the lack of humour in Star Wars The Old Republic is due to budgetary constraits and EA. There is also a 10% probability that EA and Bioware purposefuly left out humour and require a good blasting to motivate their circuits into reconsidering. This however may be wishful thinking on my part Master.

Ah, HK... I have mixed feelings about that one...

On the one hand I like that they added unique dialogues for -every- class with him... but on the other hand... I DESPISE completely having to buy his affection... at the very least they could've let him earn affection through mission dialogues without him actually speaking... which brings me to the second part... despite what Bioware claims HK will never feel like a real companion due to the lack of interactivity - his lack of conversations when it matters, during critical moments in the storyline or even during the debriefings on the ship completely kills that for me.

In companion "value" he ranks just above the ship droid (that thing is the number one reason for using my Ctrl + S shortcut) to me, a cheap knock off of the original HK.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    You should play bounty hunter if you want some humor =)
  • drchocapicdrchocapic Member Posts: 27

As stated by most people here, play a Smuggler or Bounty Hunter and you'll get a few funny lines (or more than a few with the Smuggler).

The game didn't really do it for me back when I played at release but I still remember some funny lines/moments.

The BH had a good one on Alderaan (I think) when two nobles were having an argument and one just said "kill him !". My BH then shot the other guy without even looking at him with his off-hand and the first noble just said "Well, that was liberating" or some thing of the sort.

Interactions between smuggler/BH and Force characters are also often humourous and mocking of their holier/crazier than thou attitude.

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186

Inquisitor (Assassin for me) is funny as hell, if you like dry humor :D

Also, certain companions in certain cut-scenes can be funny as Hoth :D