Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$ 4.99 for Mouse Aimed Combat System Poll

sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

I would pay $4.99 for a developer made addon that would allow me to mouse aim (similar to Tera combat system).  I would like to set my mouse 1 and mouse 2 as abilities and cast aoe/ground effects by looking down at the area to aim (if that makes sense... Smite has a neat AoE/Ground aiming system; it starts at your feet and as you move your mouse forward it moves away from you).

I started this poll because I'm curious how much would you pay, if any, for this option.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Why would they make you pay extra for that? Plenty of games allow that without having to pay extra.
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    Why would they make you pay extra for that? Plenty of games allow that without having to pay extra.

Because I really want this option.  There is a player made mod that tries to do it but they are still working out the bugs.  Arenanet originally okay'd the project but recently there was some dispute.  I would prefer the developers just make this option.

I'm not suggesting that they change their current system, just that they make a cursor aimed version and allow me to set mouse 1 & 2 to abilities.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Just get a gaming mouse with extra buttons and re-bind them in the UI menu.  That's what I did.

• rogue187rogue187 Member Posts: 151

joytokey yo...can set up a gamepad or w/e peripheral you'd like

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

Originally posted by Thupli

Just get a gaming mouse with extra buttons and re-bind them in the UI menu.  That's what I did.

LOL, I have a gaming mouse but I want to rebind mouse 1 and 2.   I would also like to mouse-look and aim at my targets.

I don't want to say it but Tera is doing good right now, GW2 would be smart to make a similar option for their combat system.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    How would you pay attention to buffs or debuffs on an opponent?
    Originally posted by rogue187

joytokey yo...can set up a gamepad or w/e peripheral you'd like

http://www-en.jtksoft.net/

That's actually kind of neat.  I'm not sure how the aiming is going to be, I'll look into it.  I'm basically wanting something like Tera w/a targeting recticle or Smite.  I love GW2 but after playing those other games it's hard going back to GW2 controls.

Originally posted by moosecatlol
    How would you pay attention to buffs or debuffs on an opponent?

I'm thinking you could use 'tab' to lock onto a target and then just click mouse 1 and 2 (and other keybinds) to use abilties against that target.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

This has been available since September.  Not sure if it's still updated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tjK5OI2oAQ

Originally posted by Alders

This has been available since September.  Not sure if it's still updated though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tjK5OI2oAQ

That's the player made mod I mentioned in the OP.  It works okay but you still can't rebind your right and left mouse buttons and the controls are a little buggy.   Recently I think they was shut down because the targeting reticle is against policy, originally Anet had okay'd the project as long as it didn't 'play for the player'.  Not sure on the official word because they don't want to officially support anything.  That's why I would prefer the developers just make one for us.

• tr289tr289 Member Posts: 236

I use combat mod and i believe there is an updated version of it. GW2 has the worst targeting system and controlls that i have ever seen in any game i have ever played. With out combat mod i literally could not play this turd of a game.

And no i wouldn't pay $4.99 for a mouse aimed combat system or any other. I would just quit the game, especially if Anet tried to get me to pay for it.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Definitely no. Players who paid for the game are already entitled to get any patches to combat mechanism, balance, interface and control options free of charge.

• Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65

I'd pay them if they implemented 'mouse aimed combat' & the holy trinity - then changed the sickly sweet, condescending, children's book style storytelling.  

How is one supposed to roleplay a thief or a necromancer in this game it's ridiculous.

But yeah, tab-targeting is dead. I jumped back in yesterday to see what had changed, kept left-clicking to attack with my main hand.

• TyrokiTyroki Member UncommonPosts: 183

They had it so wherever you moved the mouse, your vision would follow without having to hold a button.

I'm not sure why they removed it in favour of what the game currently has, but it was much more fun when they had it. =(

MMO's played: Ragnarok Online (For years), WoW (for a few weeks only), Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Eve, Allods, Shattered Galaxy, 9 Dragons, City of Heroes, City of Villains, Star Trek Online (Got someone ELSE to pay for it), Champions Online (Someone else paid), Dofus, Dragonica, LOTRO, DDO and more... A LOT more. I've played good AND bad. The bad didn't last long. :P

• Mikey_HazardMikey_Hazard Member Posts: 84

Paraphrase: I want this game to play exactly like another game I play even though it's not the same game.

I won't flame, you are entitled to your opinion. Here's mine...

Tera's targeting/combat is the worst I've ever played in an mmo. Thank God they did not ruin GW2 by adopting that awful system. DCUO has that targeting system as well. If I wanted to play an action game, I'd play God of War or something.

No addons in GW2... ever. It's fine the way it is. GW2 is aiming for E-sport... horrible targeting/add-ons would ruin that.

Cheers,

Mike

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Anet has already stated that this won't happen, so my option wasn't in the poll the "I don' tthink it could happen anyway."

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Why would I pay extra to leave it the way it is?
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Why would I pay extra to leave it the way it is?

I figured that would be a good option to weed out all the trolls.

Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Anet has already stated that this won't happen, so my option wasn't in the poll the "I don' tthink it could happen anyway."

Link?

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    No, and I would actively pay to prevent this from happening if I still played.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

to be honest i dislike terra combat, its a pain to hit things and fills clunky.

so no i would rather not have that system.

now if ya give me a better reticle targeting system that actual works well im game for it

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    People made a mod for it already and it actually works BETTER then the current in game combat system. I think they did have mouse control in at one point but wanted to make it more 'casual friendly' so to speak, kinda my feeling as to why the combat system in GW2 is a bit clunky, particularly when it comes to certain ranged abilities.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    People made a mod for it already and it actually works BETTER then the current in game combat system. I think they did have mouse control in at one point but wanted to make it more 'casual friendly' so to speak, kinda my feeling as to why the combat system in GW2 is a bit clunky, particularly when it comes to certain ranged abilities.

I doubt that was the reason for it's removal since this game was made to cater to the casual gamer. I always felt like ranged abilities felt wonky sometimes myself though, so that does make sense.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Squeak69

to be honest i dislike terra combat, its a pain to hit things and fills clunky.

so no i would rather not have that system.

now if ya give me a better reticle targeting system that actual works well im game for it

Yeah, I kind of used Tera as an example for those who are not familar with the GW2 Combat Mod.  Basically all it does is locks your vision to your mouse, put a target in the middle, and then lets you point at an enemy to target them.  I'm not really sure why everyone is getting so uppty, it's the same thing as holding down a mouse button (although remapping right and left mouse buttons would be awesome).

I'm not saying they should replace the current system but just add another option.  I don't even think they should charge for it, I'm just curious how bad other players want this option.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    There are a lot of things wrong with this game, but the combat is not one of them. Or I should say, the least of them.