Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS NEW TESO news is going to shock you all, literally.

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

im sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Comments

• spitfire1064spitfire1064 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by archeageking

Get ready for those of you who is waiting on TESO, todays new info just literally shocked me like really really really shocked me.

Get ready, drum rolls please.............ITS ITS http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/zenimax-gets-vocal-about-the-elder-scrolls-online/

Elder scrolls will have full voice overs, DEJA VU anyone ?? ANYONE? someone didnt learn a lesson from swtor, its  a sad sa  sad sad news. i know you all must be shocked and disbelived right about now....

me too.

Still gonna be better than SWTOR man.

• snipehacksnipehack Member Posts: 12
    I truly see nothing wrong with this, SWTOR and the secret world yes being fairly boring MMO's. Did nothing wrong with the voiced over quests. It brings more immersion into the game, plus it's good for people who have issues reading, I played both SWTOR and TSW to end game and enjoyed both, and i feel so it was due to the added benefit of vocalized quests. Having grew up on EQ1 and have played almost every single MMO out here, i enjoy the idea of expanding into new ideas. 
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    It's not the VO that's bothersome, it's the neverending cutscenes.  I'm more concerned about the half-life of instanced/phased all to hell "megaserver" and single zone pvp.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

If that's what they want to do, so be it. 

They may very well have their priorities in order, and this is one of them.  If that's the case, it may work out fine. 

Swtor did NOT have their priorities in order.  The game was far more lackluster than it should have been, and even then they could have put voice overs into the game.  In my opinion it wasn't the voice overs they did in Swtor that hurt it.  That's fine.  You can do that.  As long as the rest of the game shines. 

If the Elder Scrolls mmo devs know what they're doing, they can get away with this easily.  Do they know what they're doing?  Heck I have no idea. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    That's the ONE thing in swtor I liked about it lol.
  • atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

Full voice overs are not a problem.

Spending absurd amounts of money, the lions share of your budget, on actors for voice overs is a problem. I love reading a good book as the next bibliophile but games have changed. The audience of modern games is one that appreciates the ease, and feels more immersion, from voice overs.

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

me too.

This was already stated in an inteverview a long time ago.  I'm not sure what you're trying to get at?  Every company has seen what happened to SWTOR and they won't be repeating their mistakes.  

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    The problem is not too many voiceovers (unless you can't turn them off); the problem is too little of something else that, unlike voiceovers, actually matters.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Good news to me. As long as 75% of the budget isn't on voiceovers and other areas of development arn't lacking because of them then it's a nice bonus. Just because one MMO has full voiceovers and most don't like that game doesn't mean this one will be the same.

TBH, I wasn't bothered about TESO much at all.. but now I'm going to have my eye on it. Hardly any of us bother to read quest text anymore, it's a lot of effort. Full voice brings the meaning of quests to us passively. Immersion. TSWs voiceovered stories made even the most repetitive quests have some serious context.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

me too.

For me... good news...

No way I can ever play any MMO without voice over... :) TESO might be my alternate MMO it seems.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• NiteSkieNiteSkie Member UncommonPosts: 16

Your misuse of the word 'literally', makes me figuratively insane...

Voice overs aren't bad...  Doesn't mean the game will be bad.  That's like saying, "Man, I really didn't like Diablo 3.  WHAT?!?! Path of exile has random loot too?  It WILL SUCK!"

Of couse, I took the troll-bait too.  Mostly because you suck at word comprehension, though.

• archeagekingarcheageking Member Posts: 88

anyway i just saw it on the headline today, i woudl buy eso but now with voice overs i dont think i will now. 

only because i got burned by swtor, it will not be a day 1 purchase for me. Had i never knew they were going to put full voice overs in the game i would probably buy it the day its released, but this news im not so sure now, big chance its not a day 1 purchase fo me. i will sit on the side line and see how it goes.

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

Considering the recent Elder Scrolls games were voiced, it would a step backwards if they DIDN'T make this game voiced over.

Or are we all just looking at this as a completely sepereate enitiy from the Elder Scrolls Universe?

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Skyrim and the other Elder Scroll games have been largley voiced over. So why draw from swtor when you have better games to draw from?
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

me too.

For me... good news...

No way I can ever play any MMO without voice over... :) TESO might be my alternate MMO it seems.

I'm the opposite.. Full voice overs are a massive waste of hard drive space and the games budget.  Swtor could have been so much better if they put that money towards actual gameplay.

Edit: And to the OP.. I hope you are ok after being "literally" shocked..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376

*shrug*

VO's mean nothing to me. The only thing that will determine if I play TESO will be the combat, and RvR system.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I'd rather they spend all that money that they had spent on VO's to be put towards adding systems like housing or mini-games or such. Or put that extra man-power into improving PvP or PvE whichever one may be lacking. I don't mind VO's for the main story line or whatever, but VO's for side quests is a waste of time. I can read much faster than they can speak. I'd much rather read the side quests any day.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

me too.

It's sad that you think voice acting makes you get up in arms about ESO, that's all I have to say. 

(And yes, it's called ESO not TESO, because that's how Zenimax labels the game on their advertisements.)

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    I'd rather they spend all that money that they had spent on VO's to be put towards adding systems like housing or mini-games or such. Or put that extra man-power into improving PvP or PvE whichever one may be lacking. I don't mind VO's for the main story line or whatever, but VO's for side quests is a waste of time. I can read much faster than they can speak. I'd much rather read the side quests any day.

This is the usual problem with full voice acting. They spend so much time and money on them, that other parts of the game suffer horribly. A mix of voice acting and text is a great system, going full blown VA for everything is overkill and I feel a huge waste of time. Make the game fun to play and enjoyable, great VA isn't going to fill that hole. 

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Originally posted by Zetsuei

This is the usual problem with full voice acting. They spend so much time and money on them, that other parts of the game suffer horribly. A mix of voice acting and text is a great system, going full blown VA for everything is overkill and I feel a huge waste of time. Make the game fun to play and enjoyable, great VA isn't going to fill that hole. 

Except the fact that that is a misconception. A game project is split up into different departments. No one department works on every part of the game. 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Voice Acting =/= bad game. I mean heck, voice acting has existed in some light form in MMOs for a while. 

Its silly to expect since one game that did it and wasn't exceptionally good that another will and it will be bad as well.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Czanrei

Except the fact that that is a misconception. A game project is split up into different departments. No one department works on every part of the game. 

It still uses a huge chunk of the games budget..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Czanrei

How is it a misconception? Yes they may have different departments working on each thing, but if you CUT OUT the VO department, amazingly enough, you now have money to spend on the other departments. Perhaps you don't agree with my opinion but it was far from a misconception. Perhaps you meant to use more proper wording or you misspoke.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

You should quit licking the computer while using it if you were shocked.

Voiceover makes the game more interesting to me....  You sound like someone besmirking 3D worlds to text based MUD ethusiasts.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by spitfire1064

me too.

Still gonna be better than SWTOR man.

SWTOR at least had a background story... ESO is gonna just be a crapshoop story from storymakers not even affiliated with Elder Scrolls.  <flex> yep.

Oh whats that?  ESO has a team of storytellers???  Oh do tell do tell !!! oh .. no affiliation to ES? oh ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

This discussion has been closed.