Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bird mounts only one color?

garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343
I'm new to FF...do the bird mounts come in one color only?

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    in past FF games chocobos have been primarily yellow although in FF 7 you had chocobo races that had all sorts of colors.. my guess is just yellow for this one but not 100% on that

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    there called Chocobo and there a FF staple like Yohsi is to Mario . In FFXI they came in yellow then a update added red , blue , green . Also there will be other mounts in FFXIV: ARR other then Chocobos witch is new for FF

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Originally posted by DarknessReign
    there called Chocobo and there a FF staple like Yohsi is to Mario . In FFXI they came in yellow then a update added red , blue , green . Also there will be other mounts in FFXIV: ARR other then Chocobos witch is new for FF

any clue if the other colors will be in RR?.. only videos I have seen have been the standard yellow.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

any clue if the other colors will be in RR?.. only videos I have seen have been the standard yellow.

im not 100% maybe later yes like XI we will have to wait and see 

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Originally posted by Aerowyn

im not 100% maybe later yes like XI we will have to wait and see 

no biggie yellow is the staple chocobo color anyway:)

• MusufasaMusufasa Member Posts: 21

From what I have read there will be chocobo training and raising for possible racing at the golden saucer....

So I am guessing there will be different color chocobos in this game.  Maybe not at release but eventually when the chocobo raising thing is ironed out.

Originally posted by Musufasa

From what I have read there will be chocobo training and raising for possible racing at the golden saucer....

So I am guessing there will be different color chocobos in this game.  Maybe not at release but eventually when the chocobo raising thing is ironed out.

it's honestly sickening how many hours I put into chocobo racing in FF7:p

• garretthgarretth Member UncommonPosts: 343
    I'm hoping for different colors.   If we get to raise them, it would be great to have a fairly unique color.
  • AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    As far as I've seen the only actual feather colour is yellow but you can equip them with different barding so there'll be lots of variety. There'll be a complete set of job-based ones as well as some others judging by the behemoth one we've seen. From what I understand they're also linked into the chocobo's role in combat...
  • IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Bird Mount....

remind me of the hourse bird controversy back then.lol

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Give me some blue paint and I will paint my legacy choc myself!