Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Review] The War Z: A Painfully Executed Parody of a Survival Game

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Not often you see so many agrees that a game sucks, I do believe this must be the world first on game sucks agreements in a single thread on mmorpg.com

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Cylint
    Originally posted by nttajira

after this review im never going to take www.mmorpg.com review seriously .

bad f2p asian never get lower that 6 , in fact you have never give anything even the worst game ever something lower that 5 i think .

but you give BAD game high review alot of the time ( im guessing they give big money for that )

and you will make me think this game deserve a 1.2 ?? even if that true , you just TRASHTALK

this game review into the ground , that in no way a professional review . to me you just look like a angry kids who want to trashtalk about a game he dislike .....

i have play this warz game and i agree that TOTALY A REALY BAD GAME and probably deserve a realy low scores , but the problem that because you NEVER give real review and fair review in mmorpg.com website .

for resume , dont realy take mmorpg.com review seriously . someone here probably never got the money he deserved for make the review.... LOL .

I love you long time.

^^^^^ He loves you long time.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Originally posted by umcorian

Originally posted by Talonsin

You are absolutely right!  Lets totally ignore all the other gaming sites bad reviews, lets ignore that the game was removed from Steam due to poor gameplay and flat out lies on the sales page.  Lets totally ignore the stolen artwork, the stolen EULA, the lies from Hammerpoint about skills being in the game and about the game being hack-proof.  Lets also ignore all the videos of the radical hacking of this game on youtube.  Lets just ignore all the FACTS and pretend MMORPG is making this review just to jump on the bandwagon and bash the game. 

Fair points, but let's not also ignore the fact that MMORPG has always, historically, gone out of their way to find the gold inside a horse apple... often times to the sheer bewilderment of the readers. For the best example, read the series of reviews of Warhammer Age of Reckoning when it first came out. I was left scratching my head and saying: "Are you *sure* you played this game? The game barely even works, has no more PvP than WoW does... yet markets itself as a PvP MMO... and you're giving it a 7.4." 

Hell, they even gave Final Fantasy 14 a 5.1... and that was a game that was so bad the company shut it down within a year, apologized for how terrible it was, and went back to the drawing boards! 

Remember, the guy they got to do this review isn't a regular staff member here.  It would be interesting to see some of his other MMO reviews, if there is any.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by sibs4455
    get this guy to re-review afew of the so called big AAA games, lmao i wonder what he would have given the crap that has been churned out over the last few years.

If this guy would get to critical with the major titles, they probably wouldn't let him review them for this site anymore.

Remember that guy who wrote a negative opinion on SWTOR while the rest of the staff was celebrating it?

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

Kind of sad that this is one of the few games that MMORPG.com was allowed to be brutally honest with. MMORPG isn't getting any income from The War Z, and everyone else on the internet is bashing The War Z as the "in thing", so it's a very safe review to lather with insults and mockery.

Later, MMORPG can refer to this review when accused of making biased reviews, and show all their readers that indeed, they are not biased. They bashed a game and gave it a shockingly bad score when everyone else was doing the exact same thing.

• NovuhzNovuhz Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Torgrim

Not often you see so many agrees that a game sucks, I do believe this must be the world first on game sucks agreements in a single thread on mmorpg.com

More like people don't understand the new genre coming out, also this review has a lot of lies that I already pointed in another post up there yet no one commented my post because they know I'm right and I only stated facts. The review is biased and full of lies that is all.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    There are FAR worse games than this out there. It's starting to feel like a mob-mentality has taken over regarding WarZ. It's now cool to hate on it, so everyone does. True it's not a great game, and the developers have tried to pull some shady shit, but the level of outright hatred aimed at it makes me suspect that there is something else going on here...
  • JDogg126JDogg126 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by Zixizor

Originally posted by Torgrim

More like people don't understand the new genre coming out, also this review has a lot of lies that I already pointed in another post up there yet no one commented my post because they know I'm right and I only stated facts. The review is biased and full of lies that is all.

The review is actually quite accurate.  I'm not entirely certain how you can say that it's not or defend this game or its developers.  It is a very badly made game and the developers sought to cash in on the DayZ craze by trying to beat the DayZ standalone to market.  I think the funny thing here is that the utterly fraudulant The War Inc has actually bought DayZ stand alone all of the time the developers need to make that game something really special.  Instead of trying to rush to compete with The War Z, the devs for DayZ have the total luxury of saying that their game will be released only when it's ready.  That's not something that would have happened without such an utter failure as War Z trying to beat them to market.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This game is the best example of "cash grab" I've ever seen in my 36 years on this planet. What a steaming pile of shit.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by Volgore
    get this guy to re-review afew of the so called big AAA games, lmao i wonder what he would have given the crap that has been churned out over the last few years.

If this guy would get to critical with the major titles, they probably wouldn't let him review them for this site anymore.

Remember that guy who wrote a negative opinion on SWTOR while the rest of the staff was celebrating it?

That guy wasn't let go because of his negative SWTOR review, it was because of some of the comments he made.  I can't remember exactly what it was but I do know he acted like a tool.

Originally posted by ironhelix
    There are FAR worse games than this out there. It's starting to feel like a mob-mentality has taken over regarding WarZ. It's now cool to hate on it, so everyone does. True it's not a great game, and the developers have tried to pull some shady shit, but the level of outright hatred aimed at it makes me suspect that there is something else going on here...

That's why almost everyone is "hating" on The WarZ.

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

Originally posted by YamotaHm
    Quote Below:
    "Seems a strangely low score. Specially considering games like Mortal Online originally got 6.9, shortly after it was released, and that game was barely functional at that time.So if this game got 1.7 it must mean it does not work at all? Sorry but this does not make any sense, unless the scores are not comparable in which case they are pointless? Anyway, I have not played this game so I am sure it is as terrible as being said but something is fishy about this score..."

Reply: Mortal Online Released, June 9th, 2010. [2-Years 8-Months Ago] As time goes on so does the criteria, although Iv never heard of War-z being compared to a game like Mortal Online. The War ZERP is terribad, period. Nothing more to say.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Ginaz

That guy wasn't let go because of his negative SWTOR review, it was because of some of the comments he made.  I can't remember exactly what it was but I do know he acted like a tool.

Yes, that was "the official" story.

Originally posted by Ginaz

Yes, that was "the official" story.

What's the real story, then?  Does it involve black helicopters? 

I remember reading what the guy wrote and thinking "yup, I can see why they let him go".  I wish I could find it but I can't be bothered to right now.

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    7.5-8? Lol. Right

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by Denambren

Later, MMORPG can refer to this review when accused of making biased reviews, and show all their readers that indeed, they are not biased. They bashed a game and gave it a shockingly bad score when everyone else was doing the exact same thing.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason "everyone" was bashing the game was because it actually does suck?  No, that cant be it...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    after reading this i gotta say im proud of your staff mmorpg.com I never thought Id see a bad review on here from someone who has advertised here. Im glad to see the last few reviews calling out POS games that do not deserve to even be listed on this site. If you guys keep it up and other sites follow your lead , I think devs will look twice about trying to rip off its consumers.
  • FishmittsFishmitts Member CommonPosts: 227

I'm so sick of the people compairing Day to War, and saying, well, both games are buggy, both  have hackers galore, I dont see why all the hate is directed at War?

The reason why I love the Day (outside of the obvious reasons like full loot and perma death to name just a few) is because of Rocket. He made a mod that he wanted to play and enjoy with his friends. The game got popular from word of mouth and keyboard, no advertising, no lies, no bullshit about what the game could do and then did not deliver.

That, and if you watch vids and read blogs about Day you can see how passionate Rocket is about his game and the community. He actually gives a shit, and we as gamers respect that. Its fucking refreshing. Hes an underdog. So most are willing to be patient for the standalone and still enjoy the mod. And I will buy the standalone as well as the 40 core in my clan, its called loyalty.

And then you have the tools at War. The lies, the deciet, the obvious money grab, shitting on the community, selling ammo for christsake. Saying shit like " this game has been in development for years".. What utter horseshit. Fucking liers, all the way around.

These dicks got what they deserved. But their still laughing all the way to the bank, ripping off Rocket, and fools who dont bother to do any research on what they spend their money on.

As for me, I did not spend a dime, I play Arma.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Sounds like a carebears worst nightmare! 

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Oh the butt hurt in these replies 

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Did it ever occur to you that the reason "everyone" was bashing the game was because it actually does suck?  No, that cant be it...

It all comes down to causation.  I think there could well be a semblance of truth in Den's remark.  However, imo it deserved its score.

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by wonderwise
    This is internet bullying, nothing else.

I'd equate it more to a classic forum dogpile, one negative statement (the Big Dog), and lots of eager "Me Too"s.

We've seen it before, many times. Nothing is quite so much happy fun time for a crowd of gamers.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ScarfeScarfe Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by wonderwise
    This is internet bullying, nothing else.

I'd equate it more to a classic forum dogpile, one negative statement (the Big Dog), and lots of eager "Me Too"s.

We've seen it before, many times. Nothing is quite so much happy fun time for a crowd of gamers.

To be fair there is a general backlash against cash grabs and mis-selling.  

currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

• risenbonesrisenbones Member Posts: 194

Ok I haven't played the game but after reading the review and looking at the score and comparing it to other reviews/scores on the site I think you have swung way to far in the other direction from the usual positive outlook.  The score of 1.whatever when compred to the other review score would lend me to believe that this game barely installs and when it eventually does you find out it's not a game but some kind of malware that after replicating itself via mailing itself out to everyone on your mailing lists then proceeeds to melt every one of your computers components before making it explode wiping out the entire neighbourhood.

Right now it merely looks like your basicly only willing to be mostly positive to those companies/games that might potenially buy add space on the site (and I don't usually buy into such theories) while if a game seems to not offer the site much in terms of revenue then it's fine to be "brutally honest".  In my opinion if you were being "honest" then a score around the 3 or 4 mark would of sufficed to mark this as being a terrible game and kept your journalistic integrety intact and actually make your site stand out from the rest of the MMO reviewer pack.  But now you just look like a bunch of sheep who follow all the other sites piling on and kicking a game when it's down thus leading me to lose faith in your reviewing process.

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

There is nothing more dangerous than a true believer.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Kind of sad that this is one of the few games that MMORPG.com was allowed to be brutally honest with. MMORPG isn't getting any income from The War Z, and everyone else on the internet is bashing The War Z as the "in thing", so it's a very safe review to lather with insults and mockery.

Perhaps because this game richly DESERVED to be rated so low?  Ratings by their very nature tend to be subjective.  I don't come here for people to do my research and thinking for me.  If a game looks interesting, I do my own research on it, and then decide if its worth my time.  Thats something *everyone* should be doing.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
This discussion has been closed.