Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone convince me to go back to EVE

BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70
I got bored last time I subbed. 

Comments

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    No. If news that have been floating around is not enough to get you excited, then this game is not for you.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Why even ask the question if there is not something in the back of your mind already tugging at you?
  • BallsoutBallsout Member UncommonPosts: 70
    What news?

• EiviEivi Member Posts: 96

Any news, retribution etc. EvE isn't instant gratification and not a lot of people get that, if you've chosen not to play or you just don't like it, don't play. You shouldnt need someone to convince you.

On the other hand, i don't mind free plex. Feel free to sign up under the buddy program.

https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=70bcd9f2-ea83-41b2-8ac7-7874ff5c74fa&action=buddy

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178

Alright, you asked for it.

Go back to EvE or I'm sending you to bed without dinner...

• agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64
    Originally posted by Ballsout

The way I see it, Eve is a unique game in that you either get hooked or you don't, and there really is no in-between or second chances.  I've tried playing it multiple times because it looks like so much fun in theory but I get bored a couple weeks in every time.

IMO if you got bored with it before then it's not for you, the cycle will repeate itself unless something is different for you (eg. you have a few friend that play).

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Go to the naughty step mate.  If you don't like it do not do it.  
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Why do you need convincing from random dudes on the interweb? You either like it and stick with it or hate it and uninstall it, there is no inbetween.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Why do you need convincing from random dudes on the interweb? You either like it and stick with it or hate it and uninstall it there is no inbetween.

My favourite contributionist (is that even a word).  I love Torgrim, a man of many faces, troll and guru, cat and cow.  Genuinely fun.  

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

It seems like you just want a reason to go back. You probably enjoyed it and your friends told you it was boring.

Did you enjoy the game when you played it? Y/N

If "Yes", join the game again.

If "No", don't join the game again.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• shinkanshinkan Member UncommonPosts: 240

If you have to be convinced then maybe its not for you.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

EDIT: Message deleted /EDIT

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Are you prepared to do anything differently this time?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by agriffin85

The way I see it, Eve is a unique game in that you either get hooked or you don't, and there really is no in-between or second chances.  I've tried playing it multiple times because it looks like so much fun in theory but I get bored a couple weeks in every time.

IMO if you got bored with it before then it's not for you, the cycle will repeate itself unless something is different for you (eg. you have a few friend that play).

EVE is all about second chances. It's just that those second chances aren't free.

These very forums are replete with posts from various people, all along the lines of "I had to try EVE 3/4/5/6/28 times before it clicked for me".

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506
    I would convince you but I need a spreadsheet.

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by agriffin85

EVE is all about second chances. It's just that those second chances aren't free.

These very forums are replete with posts from various people, all along the lines of "I had to try EVE 3/4/5/6/28 times before it clicked for me".

In most cases, that means finding a decent bunch of guys to fly with.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Do you have something better to play?  That might answer the need for motivation right there.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Chram

In most cases, that means finding a decent bunch of guys to fly with.

I agree.  One of the perils of true multiplayer gameplay is the risk of not finding the right people to group up with.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350

null?, low?, high sec?

you have to find something to do, for me i cannot pay monthly subs, so i'm living with plex, every vacations for now (has worked for me so far)...

now im just a simple miner, so i cannot give you too much advice, i play in order to keep playing, that until i get better income ingame in order to save more time in my subs....

but i have experience in null sec and other aspects of the game (i was a 51 day jumper)....

do you like PvP?, right now i wouldn say that go to null, cause looks like it became "Blue Space", if you want challenges, you could try duels, or go to lowsec...

do you like industry?, you could try several things, its a shame that it gets more about spreadsheets most of the time.

do you like exploration?, you could try to survive in a wormhole or do exploration, missions..etc...

• TorikTorik Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

By our estimates the levels of evil in the world are still too low to bring on the End of Days.  What is really needed is either another war or for another player to join EVE.  I impore you to go back to EVE so we can finally greet our Dark Master in all His glory as He brings on the Apocalypse.

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203
    If it bored you last time, then try again but do something completely different.  Whatever you did last time, do the opposite.  Find a new corp (or a corp, if you never found one before), Fly a new kind of ship, try low-sec PvP, try null-sec PvP, try wormholes.  Give Red vs Blue a shot.  Find a way to make money using previously unused methods in-game and make a fortune.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

you should go back to EVE

hope that helped

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Don't go back to EvE

/end reverse psychology

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Simon says, go back to EVE.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.