Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it bother you to see someone with an "exclusive" item via cross-promotion, pre-order, etc?

Comments

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Heafstagg
    Nope, not at all. I suppose it's because I'm not from the "everyone and everything must be equal or else nobody gets it" generation. My daughters are in school right now and that's all they preach to them. Nothing like raising a society of wussies. Can you imagine some of these people grown up whining to thier boss that someone else has coffee and they don't? Yeaaahhh that's not going to work.

I honestly feel sorry for the children and the rude awakening they will be in for at some point down the road. They don't even know at this point because it's been completely driven into their heads.

Exactly, I've been doing my best to teach my daughters that it's not the right way of thinking. There's a girl in one of my daughters classes that's alergic to milk, therefore nobody in the class can have milk. That's how stupid it's becoming.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

No (been said a dozen of times already :p) If people want to spend money on Collector/Limited eidtion packs to get an advantage for the first <x> levels or pay extra for a couple of pixels, be my guest. I personally only buy CEs/LEs if an in-game mount is hard to get (too expensive or too much effort), but mainly, I stick to regular editions just to save money ;)

Also a note on the cross-game rewards, yeah, those suck. Also because some games don't appeal to me like the MMO I play do, but then again, most cross-game rewards are just fluff...

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Nope, not at all. I suppose it's because I'm not from the "everyone and everything must be equal or else nobody gets it" generation. My daughters are in school right now and that's all they preach to them. Nothing like raising a society of wussies. Can you imagine some of these people grown up whining to thier boss that someone else has coffee and they don't? Yeaaahhh that's not going to work.

I honestly feel sorry for the children and the rude awakening they will be in for at some point down the road. They don't even know at this point because it's been completely driven into their heads.

Exactly, I've been doing my best to teach my daughters that it's not the right way of thinking. There's a girl in one of my daughters classes that's alergic to milk, therefore nobody in the class can have milk. That's how stupid it's becoming.

That is absolutely mind blowing. I hadn't heard of something like that actually happening, but I kind of figured it would end this way.

It really doesn't surprise me now that I think about it.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yup, its about how I expected it. Its quiet sad really reading all of thoze replies.

I sent one of those little chocolate bars to school with my daughter just after halloween. I got a phone call from the principle giving me a hard time because: A) it was unfair to the other kids and B) it was negligent of me to give my child "junk food".

I sent another one with her the next day.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

That is absolutely mind blowing. I hadn't heard of something like that actually happening, but I kind of figured it would end this way.

What if it's not the fairness thing as you describe, but the allergic milk girl's parents are so over-protective that they are the ones that did it to the whole class to protect their one child?  For some reason I see parents as being the villains and Teacher's as having common sense. 

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I sent one of those little chocolate bars to school with my daughter just after halloween. I got a phone call from the principle giving me a hard time because: A) it was unfair to the other kids and B) it was negligent of me to give my child "junk food".

Haha that made my day, thanks for sharing.

I'm surprised they didn't have you arrested and sent to some kind of Fitness training and parenting camp. Just wait a few years and I may be right on that :(

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Originally posted by Edeus

What if it's not the fairness thing as you describe, but the allergic milk girl's parents are so over-protective that they are the ones that did it to the whole class to protect their one child?  For some reason I see parents as being the villains and Teacher's as having common sense. 

Nope they said it was because it was unfair. It's not even a bad allergy. As in she might go into anaphylactic shock, she would just get hives or gas or something. Regardless, who are other parents to say what other children may or may not have based on solely their childs needs. It brings us back to my original point......nothing is equal in this world and letting children find out that its not at a late age in life, like adulthood, is going to cause some serious problems in the future. A society of wussies and the instant gratification crowd. We see these kinds of examples everyday in MMOs. Its quite sad.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by MikeB
    Mind editing your thread title so it is a bit more concise? :) I don't think all the examples need to be in the subject line!

Haha. I was thinking that too, but i couldn't find the concise words to put it all together myself.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

No, they either A: Paid a little extra for the game to get that item B. Are fans of the game and collect everything so they go that extra mile for a free cool item C. Support the game by going to conventions to get said cool item

Really people need to get over this entitled mentality, do people really expect to get things that other people paid extra for to get it as well without doing the the same?

Come closer, (smack) I didn't slap your face , I simply gave your face a hi-five....

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724
    ^ Doesnt matter who is responsible for initiating it. How selfish is it to make 30 other kids who aren't not yours stop drinking milk?

I'm surprised they didn't have you arrested and sent to some kind of Fitness training and parenting camp. Just wait a few years and I may be right on that :(

Hehe its just a sad state of affairs really. My daughters aren't fat kids, they play sports and are highly active outdoors. I'm a forester so we see lots of the outdoors. If my daughters want a freaking small chocolate bar in thier lunches once in awhile theyre going to get it and I'm not about to let some tool tell me I'm being negligent by insinuating that I'm providing them with an un-healthy diet or whatever it was he was implying :P. Oh well lol.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Of course not, if I want those items I will pay more money to get them. I never understand people that think they should be given everything for nothing.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

Originally posted by Edeus

Nope they said it was because it was unfair. It's not even a bad allergy. As in she might go into anaphylactic shock, she would just get hives or gas or something. Regardless, who are other parents to say what other children may or may not have based on solely their childs needs. It brings us back to my original point......nothing is equal in this world and letting children find out that its not at a late age in life, like adulthood, is going to cause some serious problems in the future. A society of wussies and the instant gratification crowd. We see these kinds of examples everyday in MMOs. Its quite sad.

Ugh the truth is so oppressing!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by firefly2003

No, they either A: Paid a little extra for the game to get that item B. Are fans of the game and collect everything so they go that extra mile for a free cool item C. Support the game by going to conventions to get said cool item

Really people need to get over this entitled mentality, do people really expect to get things that other people paid extra for to get it as well without doing the the same?

Come closer, (smack) I didn't slap your face , I simply gave your face a hi-five....

LOL.  Now down low.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298

what is going on here?

Unfair to other kids? Pfft I would of told them to go ##%$ themselves...

• SpiritraiserSpiritraiser Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    No.

Well said and agreed here!

Unfair to other kids? Pfft I would of told them to go ##%$ themselves...

Lol that was my intention by sending another one with her the next day. They never called a second time ;P

Hehe its just a sad state of affairs really. My daughters aren't fat kids, they play sports and are highly active outdoors. I'm a forester so we see lots of the outdoors. If my daughters want a freaking small chocolate bar in thier lunches once in awhile theyre going to get it and I'm not about to let some tool tell me I'm being negligent by insinuating that I'm providing them with an un-healthy diet or whatever it was he was implying :P. Oh well lol.

Ugh it's so terrible!  Please stop!!!

*Five seconds later* Tell me more!

Originally posted by waynejr2

LOL.  Now down low.

If I did down low it would be like this.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoWblwKdeHg&playnext=1&list=PLB99A60F6DD7C2519&feature=results_video  1:05  and you DONT want that....

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I actually think it's kinda cool to see that stuff.

Does it bother you? If so, does it also bother you when you see that stuff in real life, as well?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

I actually think it's kinda cool to see that stuff.

Does it bother you? If so, does it also bother you when you see that stuff in real life, as well?

Examples of rl equivelent mate? 

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

I absolutely agree with the original post. 

Earned it or paid for it aren't arguments if the item still isn't available to be earnt or paid. 

The effort required for convention attendance is also non-proportional for people, so one man earning a convention reward might have simply paid the entry fee. It might take someone else thousands of dollars in tickets.

The simple, quite uncontestable fact remains that there are items in game that some players has no ability to earn or buy, because he came to a game late (which again might not be his fault) or any other number of reasons.

Now, if these things are purely cosmetic I don't really care. But, obviously this isn't always the case.

Most of these rewards are a matter a simple matter of luck, monetary timing or geographical proximity.

But, as I said, if it offers no real benefit it doesn't bother me.  

Hi