Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One hour video of acual game play from start X-Box style.

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
Here is the link for a one hour of game play from the start on the X-Box with comentary from Rob Hill the senior producer from Trion. So if you have a hour to spare and want a very huge sneek peek get the popcorn, sit back and enjoy.

Comments

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

It seems he tried his best doing dumb moves to make those encounters look chenllenging, especially in the last boss fight.

Example:1:08:35

The ais in this game need alot of wroks imo.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by vzerov

It seems he tried his best doing dumb moves to make those encounters look chenllenging, especially in the last boss fight.

Example:1:08:35

The ais in this game need alot of wroks imo.

Haha ya I was thinking that also.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    I hope they plan on fixing the MOB AI in this game, it looks terrible.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I was looking forward to this game with careful excitement, but all the videos I see about it makes me second guess.

Nothing looks particularly good or smooth, I hope I'm wrong since this game has potential to be something fresh. Bad graphics are propably due to console videos, so that's not the worst problem, but the action seems a bit bland and the animations clunky, the UI elements and things like mob health etc looks dated.

A lot of polish needed imo, which is a bit worrying since the game is coming very soon, and we all know there's no day one miracle patches outside myths and bedtime stories. I'm going to give Trion my money simply to pat them on the back for a good effort to bring us something else, while hoping to get positively surprised. It's not like there's anything else to put my money in the near future :)

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

You know...this video sort of made me lose interest in the game.

I got into beta, learning that i was accepted the last day of the last round...so i got the patcher but havent actually downloaded.

However...something about the game, cant put my fingers on it...turns me off.

Its sci-fi...which im desperate for

Action combat...which im liking more lately than tab target

pve focus...which is fine since no risk pvp in mmorpgs has lost its appeal to me in just about every incarnation

So i should be pumped and have the client patched and ready to go.

But im not.  Why?

its confusing me to say the least.

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

its confusing me to say the least.
     Same feeling I had during the first beta weekend. Defiance I think it's not a game you can like at a first glance. But after exploring it a bit, you'll like it more and more. Try to get keys for upcoming new beta weekends and test the game for some hours...
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

some peoples forget something !

Defiance is not mmorpg it is mmoTPS(SHOOTER) and game looking awesome for an mmo shooter , if anyone looking to play mmorpg here just pass .

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph

some peoples forget something !

Defiance is not mmorpg it is mmoTPS(SHOOTER) and game looking awesome for an mmo shooter , if anyone looking to play mmorpg here just pass .

The issue here isnt the combat style, I'm pretty sure everyone who is talking about this game understands that this game has third person aim-and-shoot mechanics.

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509
    Originally posted by Teala

I guess we have to wait to find out.

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Isturi
    Originally posted by Teala

I guess we have to wait to find out.

They already fixed that ;)

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

I watched it all and I think the concerns here make sense.

The shooter combat seems decent but I doubt it will appeal to Gears of War type players with the lack of sticky cover, dodging and floaty jumping. Still, it looks like a significant step up from Tabula Rasa.

The rest of the game looks exactly like every other theme park based MMO. Perhaps larger encounters and higher level characters with more skills might make the game more challenging and interesting.

The 5 man instance looked very easy and didn't require any team-coordination. The 5 people seemed to be able to run around doing whatever they wanted with little consequence since rezzing is very easy. Again maybe this changes in higher end content where hopefully Rambos will just get the team killed.

It actually seems exactly like Guild Wars 2 in a lot of ways, but with twitch combat. I will try it out with the beta keys that are going out, but I am a little suspect about the longevity here.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Since I learned its B2P and mostly PvE focused I am very interested. Firefall seemed like a great idea but the PvE just didn't excite me, I still have to give that game a bit more of a shot but i'm not hopeful unfortunately. Defiance looks like it could actually suck me in a bit more.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Originally posted by Nihilist

I watched it all and I think the concerns here make sense.

The shooter combat seems decent but I doubt it will appeal to Gears of War type players with the lack of sticky cover, dodging and floaty jumping. Still, it looks like a significant step up from Tabula Rasa.

The rest of the game looks exactly like every other theme park based MMO. Perhaps larger encounters and higher level characters with more skills might make the game more challenging and interesting.

The 5 man instance looked very easy and didn't require any team-coordination. The 5 people seemed to be able to run around doing whatever they wanted with little consequence since rezzing is very easy. Again maybe this changes in higher end content where hopefully Rambos will just get the team killed.

It actually seems exactly like Guild Wars 2 in a lot of ways, but with twitch combat. I will try it out with the beta keys that are going out, but I am a little suspect about the longevity here.

This is an accurate assessment and I agree that in many ways it is a step up from Tabula Rasa. The question is, after weeks of play will the story keep you invested if the core game isn't deep enough? If anyone is interested, I'd definately recommend giving it a thorough beta test before pre-ordering.