Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update Feb 21

So can anyone with access to beta forums tell us what (if any) significant changes were implemented? Was launch finally addressed and given a date? 

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Still no launch date and didnt bother logging in after reading the patch notes. image
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    No significant changes... come back in a couple if months would be my honest suggestion.
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    No significant changes... come back in a couple if months would be my honest suggestion.

Or years, its already been a couple months. 

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Tasos can now bench 300 ......

Originally posted by Hairysun

Lovely, something he's good at other than altering the truth.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Telling you anything from the beta forums would be breaking NDA. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The only thing that matters is Tasos' raw lifting power.. Do you even lift?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by DarkfallFanatic

So can anyone with access to beta forums tell us what (if any) significant changes were implemented? Was launch finally addressed and given a date? 

In a nutshell: DFUW gets worse with every patch. :(

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Lovely, something he's good at other than altering the truth.

Oh the sweet irony of this...

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459
    Originally posted by xpiher

That the NDA is still in place after 2 months speaks volumes!

The ardent supporters of Tasos and Aventurine can try and spin it anyway they want, but when a company has their NDA up for this long... it's NEVER good news.  image

Just to be clear:  

I like the idea of DarkFall.

I liked RazorWax.

I have come to despise Aventurine. 

I have never liked Tasos.

Originally posted by xzyax
    Originally posted by xpiher

That the NDA is still in place after 2 months speaks volumes!

The ardent supporters of Tasos and Aventurine can try and spin it anyway they want, but when a company has their NDA up for this long... it's NEVER good news.  image

Just to be clear:  

I like the idea of DarkFall.

I liked RazorWax.

I have come to despise Aventurine. 

I have never liked Tasos.

I couldnt agree more about your NDA statement, good games don't hide behind NDA and pay to access betas.

Keep in mind DFUW was "ready for release" in November...oh wait, December...oh wait, following a brief beta to help iron out a last minute issue. . 

80 days later ---> Still in Beta, Still under NDA, No public update since 12-18 and still no release date.

• MMO_FanMMO_Fan Member UncommonPosts: 178

More players posting they refuse to play-test beta.

More players posting their disgust with Tasos and Aventurine.

More players cancelling their subscriptions to be sure not to be charged 'accidentally' next week.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Tasos lifting everydays, but he doesnt even lift the NDA. Tasos lifting even more to be strong enough to finally lift that shit. Too busy lifting to know when the game will be ready.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Bottom line is that games going to be a huge improvement over 1.0 for all players other than the hardcore 1.0 vets.  Most of the overwhelming negativity on the beta forums are from this crowd who want a no progression quake style uber twitch arena game.  They didnt get it, and like many gamers who dont get what they want, go on a revenge spree.

So i would take the "game is worse" talk with a huge gain of salt.  Game is worse for the hardcore vets, it will not be as easy to dominate newer players, and wont be as easy to dominate players who dont have the reflexes and 3rd party software that made them so powerful in 1.0.

That said, progress with beta has been slow, AV is not known for speedy patches, nor are they really able to properly communicate beyond vauge generalizations.

Just wait for launch if your not into the suprise beta thing...i know im not and im not playing again until its done and launched.

If i had any faith that the community wouldnt cheat like crazy, as they did in 1.0, and i had faith that AV would work hard to stop them doing so...i would have a lot of faith that the game would be a lot more successful than 1.0 was.  It loses a LOT of the problems 1.0 had...even with debug mode on the game plays vastly better than its competition.

Its still going to be a short sighted, shallow, pvp focused clan warfare full loot sandbox though...improved for sure from its predesessor but still lacking much beyond pvp.

If you hate eve type games, this is really the only decent sandbox on the horizon.  Other than the themepark games people seem to think are sandboxes for whatever reason i guess.

Definately take the hate towards whats been done with darkfall with a grain of salt though, mmorpg players will enjoy it far more (if your into this type of game at least) FPS player are ready to burn down AV's headquarters however...since they made combat a bit more stategy and a lot less raw reflexes and mastery of 3rd party software and macros.  Its going to be a lot easier for a new mmorpg player to pick up and get decent at this game, which is unacceptable to many vets.

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Bottom line is that games going to be a huge improvement over 1.0 for all players other than the hardcore 1.0 vets.  Most of the overwhelming negativity on the beta forums are from this crowd who want a no progression quake style uber twitch arena game.  They didnt get it, and like many gamers who dont get what they want, go on a revenge spree.

So i would take the "game is worse" talk with a huge gain of salt.  Game is worse for the hardcore vets, it will not be as easy to dominate newer players, and wont be as easy to dominate players who dont have the reflexes and 3rd party software that made them so powerful in 1.0.

That said, progress with beta has been slow, AV is not known for speedy patches, nor are they really able to properly communicate beyond vauge generalizations.

Just wait for launch if your not into the suprise beta thing...i know im not and im not playing again until its done and launched.

If i had any faith that the community wouldnt cheat like crazy, as they did in 1.0, and i had faith that AV would work hard to stop them doing so...i would have a lot of faith that the game would be a lot more successful than 1.0 was.  It loses a LOT of the problems 1.0 had...even with debug mode on the game plays vastly better than its competition.

Its still going to be a short sighted, shallow, pvp focused clan warfare full loot sandbox though...improved for sure from its predesessor but still lacking much beyond pvp.

If you hate eve type games, this is really the only decent sandbox on the horizon.  Other than the themepark games people seem to think are sandboxes for whatever reason i guess.

Definately take the hate towards whats been done with darkfall with a grain of salt though, mmorpg players will enjoy it far more (if your into this type of game at least) FPS player are ready to burn down AV's headquarters however...since they made combat a bit more stategy and a lot less raw reflexes and mastery of 3rd party software and macros.  Its going to be a lot easier for a new mmorpg player to pick up and get decent at this game, which is unacceptable to many vets.

You sound very delusive and naive here.

I'm one of these so called "DF1 hardcore vets" who want DF1 back. Why? Because when AV announced UW they said we get a better and more polished DF1. But UW isn't even close to that. UW feels like DF1 sitting in a wheelchair, maintained by a breathing machine. Thats it.

They removed everything which was great in DF1 like the twitch based combat which involved real player skill. Did you look on the DF website? It says "Hardcore gaming reinvented". But what is Hardcore about DFUW anymore? I tell you: Nothing.

If "Full Loot" is already hardcore for you, then you're just a pixel hugger. "Hardcore" in DF1 was like if you had real player skill you could go 1v3+ and still win. This is absolutely impossible now in DFUW because the combat has been dumbed down artificially by 1) Wobble Random Sh*t, 2) the recent Transfers nerf and 3) the recent Wobble buff.

Furthermore you say "MMORPG players will enjoy it far more". Fact is: When UW beta launched we had like 6k+ players online. Now we have less than 500. Game is already dead before it was even launched. Beta is so boring and empty, it is incredible. If beta was fun people would play it, regardless of wipe or sh*t. But the game isn't fun. It is not just a bunch of "die hard hardcore vets" who are spreading hate, it's the majority of the UW community now.

UW has much more design flaws than DF1 ever had. Thats a fact. Just the point that you can get almost everything you need for crafting from inside safe zones. PvE is so unrewarding and thus PvP is non-existant, because if people don't go out for PvE you automatically find no PvP. Additionally PvP is completely broken and unbalanced. Restfall ... woohooo! Hardcore! People avoid PvP nowadays, because 1) it is all about numbers now and 2) the first who engage is the first who runs out of stats.

And with the recent patch they screwed it even more. Period.

AV is horrible, really. They baked a cake and instead of sugar they pooped in it to make sure nobody likes it.

Originally posted by MMO_Fan

More players posting they refuse to play-test beta.

More players posting their disgust with Tasos and Aventurine.

More players cancelling their subscriptions to be sure not to be charged 'accidentally' next week.

Welcome to Darkfallimage

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by nuclearping

You sir are just flat out lying to people.

I'm one of these so called "DF1 hardcore vets" who want DF1 back. Why? Because when AV announced UW they said we get a better and more polished DF1. But UW isn't even close to that. UW feels like DF1 sitting in a wheelchair, maintained by a breathing machine. Thats it.

They removed everything which was great in DF1 like the twitch based combat which involved real player skill. Did you look on the DF website? It says "Hardcore gaming reinvented". But what is Hardcore about DFUW anymore? I tell you: Nothing.

If "Full Loot" is already hardcore for you, then you're just a pixel hugger. "Hardcore" in DF1 was like if you had real player skill you could go 1v3+ and still win. This is absolutely impossible now in DFUW because the combat has been dumbed down artificially by 1) Wobble Random Sh*t, 2) the recent Transfers nerf and 3) the recent Wobble buff.

Furthermore you say "MMORPG players will enjoy it far more". Fact is: When UW beta launched we had like 6k+ players online. Now we have less than 500. Game is already dead before it was even launched. Beta is so boring and empty, it is incredible. If beta was fun people would play it, regardless of wipe or sh*t. But the game isn't fun. It is not just a bunch of "die hard hardcore vets" who are spreading hate, it's the majority of the UW community now.

UW has much more design flaws than DF1 ever had. Thats a fact. Just the point that you can get almost everything you need for crafting from inside safe zones. PvE is so unrewarding and thus PvP is non-existant, because if people don't go out for PvE you automatically find no PvP. Additionally PvP is completely broken and unbalanced. Restfall ... woohooo! Hardcore! People avoid PvP nowadays, because 1) it is all about numbers now and 2) the first who engage is the first who runs out of stats.

AV is horrible, really. They baked a cake and instead of sugar they pooped in it to make sure nobody likes it.

^^^^^This exactly this^^^^^^

DFUW is a horribly dumbed down version of the original and just plain not fun.

Great post!!!image

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

That is sure to become a signature for someone.  image