Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Kickstarter donation thread. What are you putting in, if when its available and you feel comfort

shadeviceshadevice Member CommonPosts: 68

I'm gonna toss about $100. 

What will you contribute?

A mere 20k people at $100 hits the goal. which a target audience of around 50k

50k means $40 only each. the price of a game. 

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Nothing.  I'm already funding about three games I have to wait a year or two for.  I'm done crowdfunding MMOs for a while.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

$100-$200, depends on what we get out of it, might consider more if something catches my eye.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• crazer1crazer1 Member Posts: 14
    I have to admit that the RvR-Only focus of CU has me a bit concerned. But, it is only due to the fact that I don't know exactly how they are going to make that work. I like everything Mark Jacobs has posted so far, so I'm confident his people know what they are doing. I'm probably going to throw $200-300 at them and see if it pays off. I figure I will spend more than that per year on crappy games, might as well use that towards something I have some faith in.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    I've backed 2 KS. Each time I gave them the price of what a retail game costs. 
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    As a poor guy, whatever gets me in the closed beta (up to $50-60)

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81
    To early to say for me, I'll back at a level that has a reward I want I think is fair for the price.
  • aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

Well ... Since there is less work to do in future for me I'd have less money ... I hope 40€ would be okay to get into the beta. Would be a pain to pay 100€ just to get beta access at the moment.

In addition there are some really nice concerts and gigs in the next few months ...

• Daimonion69Daimonion69 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    As a poor guy, whatever gets me in the closed beta (up to $50-60)

yes, that one.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Somewhere between $100 and $200 depending on what tiers are available.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 576
    Probably in the $200-$500 range depending on what is offered in different tiers. I would entertain more than that but truth be told, I'd rather just invest in his company if I am gonna lay down more than a few hundred.
  • UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

Depends on rewards, probably around 60$.....

....but: only if they get a Darkness Falls equivalent in, that was the most fun bit about DaoC, been missing that in WAR

• CluckingChickenCluckingChicken Member Posts: 54
    Between $200-500, depending on what we get. Though I might toss in an extra $100 if we get some really neat goodies.
  • noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

I would definately put in around a month subs / normal price of a good game, so 30- 50 quid (pounds stirling).

Although if offered the opportunity to get "rewards" I could be tempted to part with more cash.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Member Posts: 405
    I would easily invest between $100 to $500 dollars, depends on rewards.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• SatariousSatarious Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

$100 to $200 seems reasonable to me like the other guys.  I hope he gives us a lot more details when the Kickstarter begins.  Since this is such a niche game, I doublt if any of the other gaming companies would be brave enough to even attempt  the innovation that I'm sure will come out of this.  So there's not as much of the "competition will steal my ideas" worry.

Just think, it will only take 20 thousand of us chipping in $100 each to get to the $2 million dollar goal.

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    100$. Do not care about rewards
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I'll be paying whatever it takes to get into the game earliest.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• HeartsparkHeartspark Member Posts: 69

Depends on tiers really.   Not having to refund in case no goal is met makes me scared to donate a lot.   However donating a lot to get neat stuff if it does suceed is tempting.  I could go up to $500 to low $40 depending on that aspect..

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    One thing i love about all these kickstarter MMO campaigns is that atleast now players can only blame themselves for funding the MMO if it turned out to be garbage.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Heartspark

Depends on tiers really.   Not having to refund in case no goal is met makes me scared to donate a lot.   However donating a lot to get neat stuff if it does suceed is tempting.  I could go up to $500 to low $40 depending on that aspect..

Your credit card is not charged unless the kickstarter meets its goal.

Every project creator sets their project's funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics?ref=nav

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• HeartsparkHeartspark Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by meddyck

Your credit card is not charged unless the kickstarter meets its goal.

Every project creator sets their project's funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics?ref=nav

I meant if they get the funding they need, but game still never sees light of day, like lots of MMOs.  Still screwed :P

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• SmorakSmorak Member Posts: 62
    Two cents.  I wish them well.  But I got my own game to worry about :)
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

The lowest level that grants me beta access up to 30 dollars

Im not swimming in money to give to a KS, even if its DAoC

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• MarkJacobsMarkJacobs CEO City State EntertainmentMember RarePosts: 649

Folks,

Sorry for being mostly absent for the last few days not posting on this thread but it has not been a great 48 hours. Fortuntately, nothing  fatal but stressful none the less. I just wanted to pop in here and say thank you very much for whatever support you may give our Kickstarter. Please don't give anything if it has any meaningul impact on your life and I truly am touched by what I've heard here so far. 

This is the point where I tell you how grateful I am now and truly will be for the support our Kickstarter may receive. I know that there will be people who will say that I'm full of **** but it truly does matter to me and I intend to prove that over the development timeline of the game as I can because I'm totally independent once again.

Mark

Mark Jacobs
    CEO, City State Entertainment

I meant if they get the funding they need, but game still never sees light of day, like lots of MMOs.  Still screwed :P

Ah well yeah that's a risk you take donating on kickstarter. You have to judge based on the project's specs and the resume of the company whether they can deliver. Since Mark has made a very similar game several times before, I'm pretty confident this isn't something he'll fail at completely. If the kickstarter succeeds, there will eventually be a game. Whether it will be everything we hoped for when we donated, only time will tell. But if you're concerned, only donate what you can afford to lose if his team does fail to produce.