Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

is Tera Alive?

2

Comments

  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon
    celestial hills had 3 channels for poporia last evening and it's not even the best place to level at that level :]

    RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

    Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

    Dwight D Eisenhower

    My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

    Henry Rollins

  • Agrias34Agrias34 new salem, PAPosts: 147Member Uncommon
    Been playing TERA for a few months before the F2P switch, and i was enjoying it.  I recently quit a few days after the switch due to the massive lag, unplayability and immense amount of noobs flowing into the game just ruined it for me.  I really don't recommend it, but its worth a shot.  Oh, and unless you have a super computer, don't expect to get any surmountable amount of FPS/performance out of this game, for it is poorly, if at all optimized and doesn't run smooth even on decent machines less than 2 years old like mine.
  • hopenottakenhopenottaken No CityPosts: 38Member

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8139 (Dec 3rd week)

    Out the chart, last game with 58,808 players.

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8177 (Feb 2nd week)

    13th with 103,502 players (peak)

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8178 (Feb 3rd week)

    13th with 91,375 players. 11.72% down

    Looks like F2P rush lasted barely 2 months in S. Korea.

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by hopenottaken

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8139 (Dec 3rd week)

    Out the chart, last game with 58,808 players.

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8177 (Feb 2nd week)

    13th with 103,502 players (peak)

    http://www.gametrics.com/news/News02_View.aspx?seqid=8178 (Feb 3rd week)

    13th with 91,375 players. 11.72% down

    Looks like F2P rush lasted barely 2 months in S. Korea.

    I have to wonder what TERA has done to you... you always come back, only 38 posts, all about TERA and they are just little jabs over the last 7 months or so.

     

    That being said... they are releasing a large content expansion March 6th so we'll see what changes.

     

     

    Other things you failed to mention... every single game on that list seems to have suffered a large drop and Archeage is already at half the playerbase it started with after only a month.

     

    Those are both bigger news to me than TERA dropping a little alongside everything else.

    image

  • PsyMike3dPsyMike3d AthensPosts: 388Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by davc123
    how much ppls playing now tera EN? anyone  know

    almost all servers are high population! many new in game including me! I love the game sooo much and tottally free!!!

  • MishakaiMishakai westminster, COPosts: 105Member

    I ran the gambit of F2P conversions this weekend.  Fired up TSW, TOR, and TERA for the first time each sine they were P2P.  

    I spent the most time in TOR and TERA, and of the two, I like TERA's F2P conversion much better.  Seems more integrated into the game rather than stapled on via UI scripting aferwards, not to mention they went out of their way to take care of those of use who pre-ordered and paid for the game upon release.  

    That said, yes, the game is alive and kicking!  I actually had to start a new character becasue playing my warrior was actually a bit too clunky to start off with (I'd forgotten so much), and the starting areas were nice and crowded (as was the mid 40 levelling zone my warrior was in)..  

    I've heard some complaints about the in game chat being rather rude/inappropriate.  I didn't really see that.  I think people are just to damn sensitive to everything nowadays.  Heck, even posting stern opinions on this forum will give you a warning.  So take all that pussy-whipped namby pamby stuff with a grain of salt.

    It's nice playing an F2P game that doesn't practically prompt you for your credit card number every other keystroke.

  • DamonVileDamonVile Vancouver, BCPosts: 4,818Member
    The chat is pretty terable but....it's global chat. I've never played an mmo that I left global chat on....so....why are ppl complaining about it here ?
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Pensacola, FLPosts: 1,119Member
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by emota
    Yes Tera EUROPE is busier now than when first launched lol Really busy servers, love it!

     That says a lot about where the MMO business model is going...

     

    The fact that on launch, which was advertised a lot more than this F2P it was less popular than now when it goes F2P pretty much indicates the sub-model is dying. It will become niche, rather than the standard like it used to be.

    Nahh just goes to show that the MMO  community is now filled with freeloading mooches. I have noticed that the comminity while active has gotten a lot worse overall.

  • ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon
    Playing since last weekend (founders account) on the old PvP server, and I see ppl everywhere. It's even so crowded that the Vanarch of Lumbertown has decided to disable PvP in his region because lots of ppl were complaining about lvl 60 gankers. Looks like those noob PvPers found fresh blood and a match they actually CAN win :D

    AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

  • nukempronukempro Hudson, FLPosts: 76Member
    Tera will always have a niche community of Pedophiles and tryhards. It just caters to those groups so well.
  • PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,924Member Uncommon
    Yeah this game has taken off a lot. Most people felt the questing in this game was lack luster but loved the combat, I think its one of the biggest games I've seen where people went "I'm waiting for F2P" and it semes that enthusiasm hasn't at all dimmed and its really packing up the game. Its not perfect but what they did do well (combat) they did amazing to the point you can easily consider it one of the best systems out there. 
  • etlaretlar Posts: 677Member Uncommon

    well.. i dont like Tera´s combat, i played aææ classes till 10 and it sucks...

     

    now, i recently tried it again, and all the combat still sucks, i get my ass kicked in pvp im lvl 22, until yesterday.æ.

     

    i played an instance, got a feeling of the game, and even kicked  a playerkiller arse, (2 ppl kumped me) ofc i died, but i killed 1.

    this was pretty fun, tooday, im lvl 27 and im going to kick the ass of every pk enenemy fuck out there! and im gonna have fun while doing, because ppl will know me that way, and vote for me to rule their counrty!.....now this is pretty cool! :))

    ignore my retyard spelling.

     

    oh, pls ignore this very bad spelling, im tired, and what not, but i protected a few newbs, helped a dude killl  big ass monster,

    and i killed a pk, (player klller) all in all, it was acutally quite fun and fifferent from what im used to.

  • KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member

    after eq1, 7 years of wow, warhammer, rift, gw2, eve and swtor, i decided to give a chance to tera (as free).

    i can say i dont like quests, but i dont like them in general, in any mmo. i got sick of them (even if it is events or what ever).

    so besides that i find tera excellent.

    combat is very nice and different. graphics rocks. world is cool and feels alive. pvp is nice too. world bosses are well designed and dungeons are fine. crafting is at least ok. UI is complete and modern.

    i dont find many negatives in the game. if you add that imo its the best F2P model (comparing to swtor, aion, conan etc) then you have a winner. at least for me its an easy choice between F2P tera and the rest subed mmo's and i think thats why they already added 4 more servers and all of them are full almost any time of the day

  • RecoreRecore Posts: 5,095Member Uncommon
    Between Euro and US the game has about 18 Servers with most of them on high at all times.
    Raptr Gamercard
  • MalviousMalvious Knoxville, TNPosts: 207Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by nukempro
    Tera will always have a niche community of Pedophiles and tryhards. It just caters to those groups so well.

    HAI THER WANT SUM CANDY? FOLLOW ME TO MAH VAN

    Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

  • MargraveMargrave Knoxville, TNPosts: 634Member Uncommon
    I log in some. It's a good game, and great now it's free. Amazing graphics engine too.
  • CypruskaCypruska San IsidroPosts: 45Member
    I just started and the game seems tranquil at the starting zone. No downfalls in the server connectivity, AND I'M FROM ARGENTINA! So don't tell me sh4t about it!
  • ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member
    Thought I would give it a go so started the download- it took 15 minutes which is insane.  Unless the entire game takes place in one room.

    currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

  • CypruskaCypruska San IsidroPosts: 45Member
    Originally posted by Scarfe
    Thought I would give it a go so started the download- it took 15 minutes which is insane.  Unless the entire game takes place in one room.

    I though it was amazing too, but the thing is this: TERA starting grounds and prologue only need a low gigabytes count, not the entire game, so you can play with that. As you keep on playing and advancing, the game goes on downloading. You are playing on a streaming download. It's incredible. At least for me.

  • Dimsum1337Dimsum1337 MoscowPosts: 60Member
    Originally posted by papardelios

    after eq1, 7 years of wow, warhammer, rift, gw2, eve and swtor, i decided to give a chance to tera (as free).

    i can say i dont like quests, but i dont like them in general, in any mmo. i got sick of them (even if it is events or what ever).

    so besides that i find tera excellent.

    combat is very nice and different. graphics rocks. world is cool and feels alive. pvp is nice too. world bosses are well designed and dungeons are fine. crafting is at least ok. UI is complete and modern.

    i dont find many negatives in the game. if you add that imo its the best F2P model (comparing to swtor, aion, conan etc) then you have a winner. at least for me its an easy choice between F2P tera and the rest subed mmo's and i think thats why they already added 4 more servers and all of them are full almost any time of the day

    Pretty much this! +1

  • ScarfeScarfe londonPosts: 281Member

    I downloaded it yesterday and have played it for a few hours and the combat is fun. 

    BUT

    I know it has been said before; the community is terrible, it is as if every twat ever to buy a computer has congregated on this game.  I am borderline ready to quit but will get out of starter area first and see if it is just the Barrens effect.  

    currently playing: DDO, AOC, WoT, P101

  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by Scarfe

    I downloaded it yesterday and have played it for a few hours and the combat is fun. 

    BUT

    I know it has been said before; the community is terrible, it is as if every twat ever to buy a computer has congregated on this game.  I am borderline ready to quit but will get out of starter area first and see if it is just the Barrens effect.  

    Community is pretty awesome actually, made more friends in TERA than any other MMO that's for sure.

     

    Global is funny to read while questing...since questing is boring, but when I want to get rid of the nonsense because i'm not in the mood or it gets out of hand I do this magical thing...I turn off global chat! 

     

    I don't understand people like yourself, getting so worked up about a global chat having some stupid conversation, well of course it does, theres 3000 people online at once and they can all use it...but who do you think is going to use it the most? The trolls, either enjoy it for what it is or turn it off.

     

    Generalizing an entire community based around the 8 people having a conversation about something stupid in global and wanting to quit because of it is in reality much more stupid than whatever they are saying in global.

    image

  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Columbus, OHPosts: 520Member
    Honestly tera shouldn't even be listed on this website. It's more of a diablo with a different camera angle then an MMO.
  • SnakexSnakex Dana Point, CAPosts: 260Member
    Tera is alive and well....now. If your somebody that bought the game its more then worth it to play now. Its fun and now with no monthly sub it feels worth it to play. Basicly buy to play those that have founder.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Honestly tera shouldn't even be listed on this website. It's more of a diablo with a different camera angle then an MMO.

    I am having trouble comprehending how little sense this post makes... I don't even know where to begin. :/

    image

2
Sign In or Register to comment.