Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN shuts down Gamespy and 1UP

DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Due to financial reasons, IGN has shut down both Gamespy and 1UP.

Personally, I will miss gamespy as it was one of the better gaming news sites and I liked it more than IGN. Wish all the people who were afftected by this all the very best and hope they find jobs soon.  

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    it sucks when things shut down and people lose jobs. At least gamespy wont be a requirement to play some online games anymore. I never felt the need to play them if they had GS

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I don't have much contact with IGN other than digging up old video reviews from the web.

Still, it's unfortunate to see them shutting divisions.  Judging from comments, they'll be missed.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'm wondering how long they'll keep the VN sites running before shutting those down.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I knew something was wrong when I noticed Gamespy didn't put up new articles.

Scratch one from my daily routine :(.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    it sucks when things shut down and people lose jobs. At least gamespy wont be a requirement to play some online games anymore. I never felt the need to play them if they had GS

Felt the same about GS.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

My favourite games review website of all time was Games Domain: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_Domain

It was active from March 1994.

All the games reviews were beautifully written by keen gamers. It was a pleasure to read.

Since then, it's shut down and nothing has come close.

Those were the days.

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

My favourite games review website of all time was Games Domain: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_Domain

It was active from March 1994.

All the games reviews were beautifully written by keen gamers. It was a pleasure to read.

Since then, it's shut down and nothing has come close.

Those were the days.

I miss Nintendo Power, the show and magazine.