Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild missions blog post and new video.

QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Comments

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Seems more substansial then I thought it would be.
  • GundricGundric Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Wow that sounds like lots of fun.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Chickens. 

Effing chickens.

Brilliant! This looks like it has the potential to be a blast.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    I'm excited. I really am. Don't frak this up, ANet.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Chicken play all over again!

Cloak of the Cluck (wonder if there will be some similar armor skin lol, would be epic :) )

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    just read about this, sounds promising :)
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I need to find a guild now and dust off my warrior,  and finally get him to 80.

Anyone else think they might add "raids" in the future?  They might as well with these features.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by observer

I need to find a guild now and dust off my warrior,  and finally get him to 80.

Anyone else think they might add "raids" in the future?  They might as well with these features.

these are raids. if you need 4 groups to complete something its pretty much "raid content". Just not in "traditional" sense.

The best thing is that its open world content and anyone can participate regardless in guild or not. Thats pure win in itself.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

It looks like in spite of previous assurances that small guilds will be able to partake, it just isn't so. There will be very extensive work needed for a guild to unlock the various tiers of the new guild content, but even worse, you can't even start with the most basic level of Guild Mission content until your guild has unlocked Tier 5 of the Art of War Guild Tech Tree!

If your guild is small enough that you've had to be really careful where you've spent your influence over the last six months and none of that was spent on the WvW unlocks, then you are basically screwed.

Tier 5 in ANY existing guild tree branch might have been marginally more acceptable, but gating Guild Missions to full WvW unlocks is just idiotic and disgusting.

I'll admit it. As much as I still love the game, I'm starting to worry about the ongoing development process. Almost every monthly update has provided some major design flub that has made me wonder if they even understand the game they are working on.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

another heartbroken mmorpg.com poster making a mountain out a a mole hill. you sure want all those missions unlocked for your teeny guild immediately right? jesus.

• motmot84motmot84 Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by fiontar

It looks like in spite of previous assurances that small guilds will be able to partake, it just isn't so. There will be very extensive work needed for a guild to unlock the various tiers of the new guild content, but even worse, you can't even start with the most basic level of Guild Mission content until your guild has unlocked Tier 5 of the Art of War Guild Tech Tree!

If your guild is small enough that you've had to be really careful where you've spent your influence over the last six months and none of that was spent on the WvW unlocks, then you are basically screwed.

Tier 5 in ANY existing guild tree branch might have been marginally more acceptable, but gating Guild Missions to full WvW unlocks is just idiotic and disgusting.

I'll admit it. As much as I still love the game, I'm starting to worry about the ongoing development process. Almost every monthly update has provided some major design flub that has made me wonder if they even understand the game they are working on.

soooo.... what's your problem? You do know that you can buy 10k influence with 20g right? 20g is cheap if your guild do dungeons and just donate gold. And where is this info that you need WvW unlocks to do guild missions? Never read a single word in the official website about Art of War Tier 5. From what I've read, unlocking higher tier guild missions need merrits received from doing lower/current level guild mission tier.

Are you still half asleep and half-assed your post? image

Run with other guilds that have already unlocked it. You'll get rewards and gain influence towards those unlocks a lot faster. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970
    Originally posted by motmot84

soooo.... what's your problem? You do know that you can buy 10k influence with 20g right? 20g is cheap if your guild do dungeons and just donate gold. And where is this info that you need WvW unlocks to do guild missions? Never read a single word in the official website about Art of War Tier 5. From what I've read, unlocking higher tier guild missions need merrits received from doing lower/current level guild mission tier.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Will-Guild-Missions-need-a-levelled-Guild

Originally posted by motmot84

A dev, Anthony Ordon, did actually state this:

Each guild mission type becomes available through an upgrade that is researched in the guild tech tree. The first one is Guild Bounties, which does require Art of War level 5.

It is true that there need to be unlocks. However working with others should, I'd like to think, help speed that along.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Umad? it's suppsoed to be a guild effort, something to work towards as a guild, endgame content.

The guild i'm in have about 2-3 million influence.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

It takes ~39000 influence to get to WvW level 5 from 0.

20g for 10,000 influence
    2g for 1,000 influence

That means from a guild that was just made, it will cost 78g to get to level 5.

This is a mountain made from a molehill. If a group of 5 people can’t or doesn’t want to pay 78g (or less) to start having the ability to put events in the open world…then it really wasn’t worth it to them in the first place.

And that’s perfectly fine. You are a most likely a small guild because you WANT to be. It’s fine if you think that 78g is not worth the hassle to potentially expand your guild. 78 divided by 5 is 15.6…that’s 15g and 60s that a FIVE MAN GUILD will be asking per person.

This really is a mountain meets molehill problem.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Vorch

It takes ~39000 influence to get to WvW level 5 from 0.

20g for 10,000 influence
    2g for 1,000 influence

That means from a guild that was just made, it will cost 78g to get to level 5.

This is a mountain made from a molehill. If a group of 5 people can’t or doesn’t want to pay 78g (or less) to start having the ability to put events in the open world…then it really wasn’t worth it to them in the first place.

And that’s perfectly fine. You are a most likely a small guild because you WANT to be. It’s fine if you think that 78g is not worth the hassle to potentially expand your guild. 78 divided by 5 is 15.6…that’s 15g and 60s that a FIVE MAN GUILD will be asking per person.

This really is a mountain meets molehill problem.

I wonder did any of the complainers realize that? I think you should post this in the official forums as well.

Or is there a flaw in this...to be continued...

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I'm going to agree with fiontar here.  This gated content will just discourage newly formed guilds, or smaller guilds, and their members will just abandon them for the more older, established, guilds.  It reminds me of the elitist guilds in WoW before LFR and 10-man raids.  If you wanted to participate in 40-man raids, you would be required to be geared out in Tiers before attempting the new raid content.  It's not exactly like this, but it's the overall vibe of restraining your playerbase.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The biggest issue for me is gating it behind a tree that is useless to most guilds. Forcing small/new guilds to spend 36K influence unlocking a tech tree that is pointless to them, just to then unlock Guild Missions, is just poor game design.

Higher Tier guild missions are going to require a lot of work to unlock and small guilds will likely never be able to field enough players to complete anything higher than the first tier or two. Plenty for large guilds to work towards that only large guilds will be able to enjoy/accomplish. The system has content to address the needs of guilds of any size, there is no reason to add a steep, valueless gate to prevent small guilds from even enjoying the lowest tier of Guild Mission content.

I'd feel a lot better about this if the gating just required T5 in ANY tree of Guild Tech. There would still be some minimum bar for entry, but at least small guilds could get something worth while from unlocking a tech tree to T5. I also really hate that WvW guilds are given such an arbitrary advantage over non-WvW guilds. Most guilds around since launch can probably afford to unlock one tree to T5, but for non-WvW guilds, which are likely the majority, Art of War is the absolute last tree they would ever want to waste influence on!

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

That's exactly the type of content I wait from a MMORPG. Not only some stuff which locks people in small groups in dungeons, but open world content. And even better, it's the players who can set it up and start it.My guild has over 100k influence saved, and we have all possibly purchasable guild augments so... I guess we're going to be able to start the good stuff immediately - and to those in smaller guilds, remember, you can make friends in bigger guilds and join their events too. It's logical that a guild with 50 active members gets stuff done faster than one with 10 or 5. Or recruit some people... friendly people are out there. The more social you are, the better guild rewards you get, and the faster you get them.I also like how the guild rewards will remain server only. It encourages server fidelity and discourages server hopping.Can't wait.

Too true friend I like your forum participations in mmorpg we agree a lot