Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV: ARR Benchmark released.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Soon as I get off work I will fraps my benchmark , I have a AMD 8350 8 core processor , 16gb g.skill ran , vortex 4 SSD , and a overclock hd xfx dd 7970 ill post link later this evening

Looking forward to see how you score since we have similar hardware other then the gpu. Also dont listen to the Intel fanboy who has no idea what they are talking about.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

This is a perfect way to create more hype in the PC gamer enthusiast segment.

Gfx look amazing. I just love FF art style and characters.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

980x 4.2 gtx 580 sli 12 gigs ram 1900mhz

It is clear that the benchmark does not make good use of sli as the second card works at 30%-20%.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    To bad the test isnt in full screen and therefore does not support multi-gpus. But with 1 6970 on a core i7 950 OC to 4ghz i pulled out an impressive 6666 on high and 5550 on maximum at 1920x1080. Obviously would be getting around 6500 scores on maximum if it would use both gpus.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by RelGn

It is clear that the benchmark does not make good use of sli as the second card works at 30%-20%.

It says on the download page does not suport SLI or Xfire. NO multi gpu support for this test.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    At maximum settings I got a 5228 score - where performance says "Very High" so I guess that's a good thing ? lol
  • SheerzSheerz Member Posts: 15

Not too bad considering it's almost a 4 year old machine :)

Score:4747
    Average Framerate:38.421
    Performance:High
     -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
    Graphics Presets: Maximum
  • Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Wish I could post my score but the benchmark will not even finish for me. I start it and it runs fine through the first scene but just stays on the loading screen after the first part.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

It says on the download page does not suport SLI or Xfire. NO multi gpu support for this test.

Ahh.. I posted in the other Benchmark thread that my second 670 wasn't even really being used.  Seems silly to release a benchmarking program, but not include multi-GPU.  Still I was hitting 8100 at 1080p with max settings using only one of my 670s.  I can't complain much.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

Ahh.. I posted in the other Benchmark thread that my second 670 wasn't even really being used.  Seems silly to release a benchmarking program, but not include multi-GPU.  Still I was hitting 8100 at 1080p with max settings using only one of my 670s.  I can't complain much.

Prove this please!, as a clocked 680 does not even get this.... And its nothing to do with CPU as its barely using 50% of my very old i7. 8k sounds about right for 2x 670s in my opinion....

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Lazarus71
    Wish I could post my score but the benchmark will not even finish for me. I start it and it runs fine through the first scene but just stays on the loading screen after the first part.

I can relate. I unzipped and click the program to start and the program's little window shows the title and all and then it just dissappears. I have tried a few troubleshooting steps to no avail.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Originally posted by FlawSGI
    Originally posted by Lazarus71

I can relate. I unzipped and click the program to start and the program's little window shows the title and all and then it just dissappears. I have tried a few troubleshooting steps to no avail.

Turned out I had a few corrupted files in the download. Just had to delete it and redownload it and it worked fine.

No signature, I don't have a pen

Originally posted by Professor78

Prove this please!, as a clocked 680 does not even get this.... And its nothing to do with CPU as its barely using 50% of my very old i7. 8k sounds about right for 2x 670s in my opinion....

What kind of proof do you want?  Anything I post you will say I shopped.  It wasn't that hard to do.  I clocked the card up to 1300Mhz.  There's a guy here hitting 9000+ with an overclocked system that is older than mine.  Also, I don't believe the benchmark uses both GPUs on a 680 either.  So essentially, the 680 is a something like a stock 670.  Someone else will have to verify this with Precision X or something that can see the activity on both GPUs.

My EVGA 670s are FTW editions which used the 680 circuit board and cooling, from what I understand.  I also have my card optimized for performance through the nVidia control panel and I see little visual difference.  Certainly this helped me hit 8100 on that run.  However, when I put my clocks back to stock and put the nVidia control panel settings to default (Visual Quality instead of Performance setting), I hit 7000 (as I mentioned before).  That's on a single 670.

Here's my post from the other benchmark thread:

I played around with this for a while for fun.

I have SLI GTX 670's (EVGA) that were overclocked to about 1300MHz.  My CPU (i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz ~ stock) yawned through this with only 24% CPU utilization).  

Tested on:2/21/2013 11:42:59 PM

Score:8119

Average Framerate:69.597

Performance:Extremely High

-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

System:

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

16335.156MB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670(VRAM 4042 MB) 9.18.0013.1407

Here's a photo of my machine:

http://i.imgur.com/Q5zgF.jpg

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

I'm still trying to figure out what motivation anyone here would have for faking their results like some of you seem to believe.  It's not a competition, there are no rewards for winning.  We're sharing for fun.  If somene is so much of a narcissist that they feel the need to fake their results, they might need meds.

You should also look up what overclocking is.  It makes a huge difference in performance on a video card if done properly and with the right fan profile or other cooling.

Using the nVidia Control Panel to tweak your settings per game makes a big difference in some cases too.  I plan to play this game with stock clock speeds because I don't need to overclock to get great performance.  I only run overclocking profiles when needed.

• mxishmxish Member Posts: 31

• mxishmxish Member Posts: 31

i got just under 9300 with my gtx 680, proof in other thread, bottom of page 3.. his scores seem right for a single card

• AedolAedol Member Posts: 1

Overclocking has a significant impact on performance so that GTX670 can get that score without a problem. I'm glad my card got as nice a score as it did. I have my Sapphire HD 7950 overclocked to 1150 core/1575 memory and my i5 at 4.4. I wasn't even able to get more than a 7165 score on the old benchmark with the same system here.

Can't wait to play this game.

Score:8199

Average Framerate:68.603

Performance:Extremely High

-Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

System:

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130108-1504)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz

8141.609MB

AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0010.1191

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    I scored an 8005 with everything maxed except grass depth. I5 750 quadcore 2.67ghz 16gigs ram GTX660Ti.
  • Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610
    Originally posted by mxish

i got just under 9300 with my gtx 680, proof in other thread, bottom of page 3.. his scores seem right for a single card

Thats why I wanted proof, alot of people want to fake results for some reason, and if my 680 is not on par with what it should be I want to know :)

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• sea.shellsea.shell Member Posts: 63

FFXIV AAR isn't "currently" very graphics intensive, at least the (BETA) Benchmark.
    Texture resolution and quality isn't great (but far from bad either).
    Environment illumination does not seem to affect characters and world objects, though buildings will alter & cast shadows on characters and those on walls.

Ocing the GPU will net a lot of points, since the strengths of a high end Card will not be used.
    Ocing my GTX680 by additional 140mhz Core over 132mhZ Core brought additional 70 points. [1228mhz boosted core speed]
    Which resulted in 8500~ points

If you push higher around 1270mhz - 1300mhz you could even get over 9000 points. (Pun intended)
    But what really important will be, it will look great and run smooth without any of this.

Playing: EVE Online
    Wants to play: ArcheAge, Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance / Star Citizen / FFXIV AAR / Neverwinter

Used to play for 5+ years: Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings Online and Ragnarok Online

Utter disappointing MMO experience for 1 - 3 Months:
    WAR / AoC / SWTOR / RIFT / AION / STO / TSW / GW2 / GW / Vanguard / Planetside2

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16

just ran this and this is my results @ MAX settings.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
    Tested on:2/25/2013 10:13:23 AM
    Score:4296
    Average Framerate:35.113
    Performance:High
     -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Graphics Presets: Custom
    General
    -Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
    -Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
    -Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
    -Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
    -Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
    -Grass Quality : High
    Shadows
    -Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
    -Display : All
    -Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
    -Shadow Cascading : High
    -Shadow Softening : High
    Texture Detail
    -Texture Filtering : High
    -Anisotropic Filtering : High
    Effects
    -Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
    -Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
    -Effects While in Motion : Display All
    -Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
    -Glare : Normal
    Cinematic Cutscenes
    -Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz
    6135.145MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470(VRAM 4045 MB) 9.18.0013.1407

only found one issue with graphics rendering, but other than that it looked good. and the game finaly looks like it should have been from the start. reminds me of 11, but I dought ill get to play it.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Score : 6753 @ Max
    Resolution : 1280 x 720

Looking good. Can't wait for release.

• redzebrassredzebrass Member Posts: 10

PC specs: windows 7 64bit, intel(R) core (TM) i5-2500 cpu @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz, 8 GB Ram.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560.

Ran the benchmark on graphic preset - high settings and got the following, i've taken a screenshot.

The Last Unicorn

• TekkamanTekkaman Member UncommonPosts: 158

I'm not sure I understand how/why so many people are benchmarking @ 1280x720. Is that due to default settings or do people still work on such tiny monitors?

Sorry if you have to work on a monitor that small and low resolution. None of these look to be from laptops, so I'm not counting those.

• redzebrassredzebrass Member Posts: 10
    No i'm using a slimline tv as my monitor, when i set up the hdmi link, it was the only resolution i could get to look good on the screen, and i spent days trying, everything else looked blurry, and with the native 1920 x 1080 setting the text was so small it was hard to read.

The Last Unicorn