Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Looks Like WoW But Has Better Gameplay?

Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
The graphics look very similar to WoW but this game won't have the typical MMORPG gameplay right? You will actually be able to aim with a gun or a sword? There will be no automated targeting for enemies right, it will all be seamless I hope.

Comments

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    Personally I feel their stylized art is closer to Pixar than WoW, but to answer your question without actually having played the game: the attacks have a cone or area of effect that you have to make sure your target is in. It has been stated that there is an option to switch the targeting system to a more classic variant.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    The similarity to wow is more in philosophy than style.  A stylized look ages well and allows for greater flexibility.  There are no limits in a traditional animation style.   Instead of looking at plastic Ken and Barbie dolls walking around, the characters and world feel alive.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

The game looks so much like wow its almost painful.  And i really friggin hate wow and blizzard, so, i have no bias as far as that shitbox goes.  I will agree the videos have more of a stylized almost disney movie esque feel to them, but as far as just straight art style, yeah, its clear they are going after the wow audience.

Also, i'm sick to DEATH of the BS card game companies use to not put good graphics into a game by saying its part of the art style, thats a load of tosh.  You can still have big swords, and flashy armor and all the crap you want to be part of your art style, and still have high polygon counts on your models, high res textures, varied and quality animations, etc.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    The art style is like Pixar not WoW. Better is something only you can say after playing since it's subjective.
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Imperator101
    The graphics look very similar to WoW but this game won't have the typical MMORPG gameplay right? You will actually be able to aim with a gun or a sword? There will be no automated targeting for enemies right, it will all be seamless I hope.

The art style is nothing like WoW.  Bright colors does not make it similar to WoW.  I would say its looks more like Ratchat & Clank than anything.  When you try to make your game look like real life it ages very very badly.  While this game (WoW, gw2) will look good for some time.  You are correct there does not seem to be any tab targeting, it is all skill shots.  Should make healing fun for once.  PVP could be very cool.  

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

no modern MMO should hope to "look like WoW."  the game is almost 10 years old.

You make me like charity

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by TheYear1500

The art style is nothing like WoW.  Bright colors does not make it similar to WoW.  I would say its looks more like Ratchat & Clank than anything.  When you try to make your game look like real life it ages very very badly.  While this game (WoW, gw2) will look good for some time.  You are correct there does not seem to be any tab targeting, it is all skill shots.  Should make healing fun for once.  PVP could be very cool.  

No my friend, The Secret World, Elder Scrolls Online, Age of Conan, hell even RIFT graphics are nothing like wow.

Put 2 buckets on a ground and put those mmo's in one bucket, then put Wow and SWTOR in another bucket.  Tell random people to toss Wildstar into the bucket it looks like it belongs to based on graphics.  Guess where everyone is going to throw it?

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Margulis
    Originally posted by TheYear1500

No my friend, The Secret World, Elder Scrolls Online, Age of Conan, hell even RIFT graphics are nothing like wow.

Put 2 buckets on a ground and put those mmo's in one bucket, then put Wow and SWTOR in another bucket.  Tell random people to toss Wildstar into the bucket it looks like it belongs to based on graphics.  Guess where everyone is going to throw it?

Not even SWTOR is that cartooney, it might confuse people ;P