Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Any word of ps4 version post-wed announcement?

adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,036Member Uncommon
PS4 will not support BC except via cloud streaming, which always sucks, and it was worded as if it wasn't going to be available initially, so I wonder about this, and if it would have made more sense to go straight to ps4.... Anyways, anything about this?

Comments

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,251Member Uncommon
    I have gone through a ton of new info today and so far nothing on this. I would like to know this as well.
  • AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member

From the IGN article here:

“We have been promising our players for over three years that we’re going to bring this game out on PlayStation 3. We’re definitely going to keep that promise and that’s what we’re focusing on at the moment. That being said we do have a Windows version which is very high end, so as long as the console side is going to have a high spec it’s not a problem for us to match those console’s requirements.”

In other words it's highly likely.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,784Member Uncommon
    The GPU and memory in the PlayStation 4 shouldn't be barriers to porting it.  Whether it's easy to port it depends largely on how difficult it is to convert to different APIs (since DirectX is Microsoft-only), and how well threaded the CPU code is, as the PlayStation 4 is going with 8 weak cores.  Threading the code appropriately for 8 Jaguar cores is pretty easy to do if you have it in mind right from the start of the project, but development on this game started a very, very long time ago.
  • AlberelAlberel LondonPosts: 1,121Member
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    The GPU and memory in the PlayStation 4 shouldn't be barriers to porting it.  Whether it's easy to port it depends largely on how difficult it is to convert to different APIs (since DirectX is Microsoft-only), and how well threaded the CPU code is, as the PlayStation 4 is going with 8 weak cores.  Threading the code appropriately for 8 Jaguar cores is pretty easy to do if you have it in mind right from the start of the project, but development on this game started a very, very long time ago.

The game is being relaunched on a new engine, specifically a modified version of the Luminous engine they demoed with Agni's Philosophy. Seeing as that engine was almost certainly built with the PS4 in mind (FFXV will be using it) I think it's highly likely they already have those bases covered.