Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: All About Guild Missions

2»

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by taus01

*yawn*

More jumping puzzles and boss zergs...wake me up if something interesting happens.

pretty much this.

its a shame too ... with just a semblance of actual coordination required this game could be pretty cool, but the every man for himself style zerg action is just entirely too boring for me.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by azmundai

*yawn*

More jumping puzzles and boss zergs...wake me up if something interesting happens.

pretty much this.

its a shame too ... with just a semblance of actual coordination required this game could be pretty cool, but the every man for himself style zerg action is just entirely too boring for me.

which dungeons require.. i play mostly PUGs these days and a coordinated group vs one with a bunch of new players or ones who think the combat is just dps is really night and day.. these missions were designed for group play(so they say) so i'd like to assume they will require little bit of coordination as the devs said they would.. but thing is if they require to much "teamwork" people will bitch the content is too hard and it will get nerfed down which is bound to happen..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

i cant wait to rally the guild to do these mission!

looks awesome!

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    I'm plesently surprised. This looks awesome and fun.

yup looks fun. .also glad I can jump in and enjoy the new quests not just with my guilds but anyone's

Love to agree with you (once more) Aerowyn.

It´s looks like a deep & fun addition to the already awesome PvE! Bothly enjoyed by guildies or pass-byers!

It brings some deep to the Guild life,very needed since the multiple-guild system... Looks like time to commit even more & better with that guild you expecially represent! Some guild pride & work-together! Always wellcome!

They are addressing quite fast core things of the game. Including the daylies achievements system rewamp!

That is right...the right way...and most than wellcome!!!!

with this & the March mega-update on WvWvW i a´m more than pleased!!!

So Ready for an xpac update after this!  :P

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

Originally posted by Zzad
    I'm plesently surprised. This looks awesome and fun.

yup looks fun. .also glad I can jump in and enjoy the new quests not just with my guilds but anyone's

Love to agree with you (once more) Aerowyn.

It´s looks like a deep & fun addition to the already awesome PvE!

It brings some deep to the Guild life,very needed since the multiple-guild system... Looks like time to commit even more & better with that guild you expecially represent! Some guild pride & work-together! Always wellcome!

They are addressing quite fast core things of the game. Including the dayliesachievements system rewamp!

That is right...the right way...and most than wellcome!!!!

with this & the March mega-update on WvWvW i a´m more than pleased!!!

So Ready for a content update after this!  :P

imageimageimage

imageimageimage

yea i really like that dailys will be selectable from a list and looking forward to the continuation of the story as well.. i put my WvW time on a hold till the march update just focusing on leveling my mesmer.. but hoping the march WvW update is a big one:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Unexpected surprise here, we werent really expecting Guild sized PvE content in the game...will be nice to see if this ends up good enough to tear my guild away from WvWvW...the idea of having 100 guild members storming a zone and doing a zone wide quest sounds great.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Varthander
    Chicken races.. im sold.

Haha yeah I saw that. Looks fun!

Looks like a really solid update that promotes group play, not sure how people can spin that into a negative.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by azmundai

*yawn*

pretty much this.

which dungeons require.. i play mostly PUGs these days and a coordinated group vs one with a bunch of new players or ones who think the combat is just dps is really night and day.. these missions were designed for group play(so they say) so i'd like to assume they will require little bit of coordination as the devs said they would.. but thing is if they require to much "teamwork" people will bitch the content is too hard and it will get nerfed down which is bound to happen..

I don't think half the people making those comments have played anything other than a bit of low level PvE.

You can't even zerg rush in dungeons anymore, because they deactivated teleports / revival when you are dead, you need to be coordinated.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    This looks fun.  I might have to start playing again when i have time.  I thought i read somewhere though, that players don't need to represent their Guild Tags or even be in a guild group to complete these, which is very odd.  Those two things should be required, otherwise they are just same as open-world DEs, puzzles, etc.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Yawn. Wheres my WvW updates?
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    Yawn. Wheres my WvW updates?

March.

• AlberelAlberel Member Posts: 1,121
    I see these becoming stale and repetitive very quickly...
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Alberel

Any content being done multiple times is by nature repetitive and stale... That's the curse of themeparks, once you accept it you can enjoy updates like these and not mark them as boring before even trying to play them.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

much less so than FFXIV.

• SilverOxySilverOxy Member Posts: 5
    Looks like an awesome update. With these guild missions and living story and big WvW update in March, GW2 is going in the right direction. :D

Currently playing: TERA, GW2

On facebook | Xfire

Any content being done multiple times is by nature repetitive and stale... That's the curse of themeparks, once you accept it you can enjoy updates like these and not mark them as boring before even trying to play them.

agreed.. which is why once i run out of content I stop playing.. i'm not the type to ever run the same dungeon 100 times or farm the same spot forever.. PVP is generally what keeps me around themeparks if i enjoy the PVP but lucky for me I can't keep up with the amount of content in gw2 so will proably be playing for awhile

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Um ...Quick question, are these the same guild missions I've been reading about that require the guild wanting to do them to have there art of war tech tree at level 5 so they can do them?