Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Pre-Kickstarter donation thread. What are you putting in, if when its available and you feel comfort

shadeviceshadevice memphis, TNPosts: 68Member

I'm gonna toss about $100. 

What will you contribute?

A mere 20k people at $100 hits the goal. which a target audience of around 50k

50k means $40 only each. the price of a game. 

Comments

• MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Nothing.  I'm already funding about three games I have to wait a year or two for.  I'm done crowdfunding MMOs for a while.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• skyexileskyexile MelbournePosts: 692Member

$100-$200, depends on what we get out of it, might consider more if something catches my eye.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• crazer1crazer1 Miami, FLPosts: 14Member
    I have to admit that the RvR-Only focus of CU has me a bit concerned. But, it is only due to the fact that I don't know exactly how they are going to make that work. I like everything Mark Jacobs has posted so far, so I'm confident his people know what they are doing. I'm probably going to throw $200-300 at them and see if it pays off. I figure I will spend more than that per year on crappy games, might as well use that towards something I have some faith in.
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff Writer St. Charles, MOPosts: 460MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    I've backed 2 KS. Each time I gave them the price of what a retail game costs. 
  • boxsndboxsnd Kraxton, ARPosts: 438Member Uncommon
    As a poor guy, whatever gets me in the closed beta (up to $50-60)

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• Father_JackFather_Jack Portland, ORPosts: 81Member
    To early to say for me, I'll back at a level that has a reward I want I think is fair for the price.
  • aylwynnaylwynn idontsayPosts: 94Member

Well ... Since there is less work to do in future for me I'd have less money ... I hope 40€ would be okay to get into the beta. Would be a pain to pay 100€ just to get beta access at the moment.

In addition there are some really nice concerts and gigs in the next few months ...

• Daimonion69Daimonion69 RegensburgPosts: 29Member
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    As a poor guy, whatever gets me in the closed beta (up to $50-60)

yes, that one.

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Somewhere between $100 and $200 depending on what tiers are available.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• RaagnarzRaagnarz North Las Vegas, NVPosts: 269Member Uncommon
    Probably in the $200-$500 range depending on what is offered in different tiers. I would entertain more than that but truth be told, I'd rather just invest in his company if I am gonna lay down more than a few hundred.
  • UlorikUlorik TorrancePosts: 172Member Uncommon

Depends on rewards, probably around 60$.....

....but: only if they get a Darkness Falls equivalent in, that was the most fun bit about DaoC, been missing that in WAR

• CluckingChickenCluckingChicken Calgary, ABPosts: 54Member
    Between $200-500, depending on what we get. Though I might toss in an extra $100 if we get some really neat goodies.
  • TimothyTierlessTimothyTierless Columnist M, ORPosts: 2,163Member Uncommon

Depends on what the reward tiers are set up as I guess. I would be happy to go 60 if it meant I didn't have to buy the game at launch and I get access to beta 1.

• noblotnoblot LondonPosts: 287Member

I would definately put in around a month subs / normal price of a good game, so 30- 50 quid (pounds stirling).

Although if offered the opportunity to get "rewards" I could be tempted to part with more cash.

• Plastic-MetalPlastic-Metal Highland Heights, KYPosts: 405Member
    I would easily invest between $100 to $500 dollars, depends on rewards.

My name is Plastic-Metal and my name is an oxymoron.

• SatariousSatarious Kansas City, MOPosts: 1,075Member

$100 to $200 seems reasonable to me like the other guys.  I hope he gives us a lot more details when the Kickstarter begins.  Since this is such a niche game, I doublt if any of the other gaming companies would be brave enough to even attempt  the innovation that I'm sure will come out of this.  So there's not as much of the "competition will steal my ideas" worry.

Just think, it will only take 20 thousand of us chipping in $100 each to get to the $2 million dollar goal.

• pwainpwain dortmundPosts: 125Member Common
    100$. Do not care about rewards
  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,212Member Uncommon
    I don't think the important part, as long as they get enough to be funded, is how much people give but how many. If they could get the whole thing funded with $1 donations they would be extremely happy. So if you support it give what you can and don't worry that it's not enough. That's how Kickstarter was meant to work.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen USA, GAPosts: 2,451Member Uncommon

I'll be paying whatever it takes to get into the game earliest.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• HeartsparkHeartspark Southland, MOPosts: 69Member

Depends on tiers really.   Not having to refund in case no goal is met makes me scared to donate a lot.   However donating a lot to get neat stuff if it does suceed is tempting.  I could go up to $500 to low $40 depending on that aspect..

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    One thing i love about all these kickstarter MMO campaigns is that atleast now players can only blame themselves for funding the MMO if it turned out to be garbage.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Heartspark

Depends on tiers really.   Not having to refund in case no goal is met makes me scared to donate a lot.   However donating a lot to get neat stuff if it does suceed is tempting.  I could go up to $500 to low $40 depending on that aspect..

Your credit card is not charged unless the kickstarter meets its goal.

Every project creator sets their project's funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics?ref=nav

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• HeartsparkHeartspark Southland, MOPosts: 69Member
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Originally posted by Heartspark

Your credit card is not charged unless the kickstarter meets its goal.

Every project creator sets their project's funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers' credit cards are charged when time expires. If the project falls short, no one is charged. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics?ref=nav

I meant if they get the funding they need, but game still never sees light of day, like lots of MMOs.  Still screwed :P

Heartspark: Animist rr12, bors, Lone Enforcer, Retired

Dranzerk: Berzerker (kay) retired
    Dhei: Spiritmaster (Kay) retired
    Goblinking : Hunter (Kay) retired
    Moongoose: Shadowblade (Kay) retired

• SmorakSmorak Saint Petersburg, FLPosts: 62Member
    Two cents.  I wish them well.  But I got my own game to worry about :)
  • dinamsdinams Muriae, VAPosts: 1,362Member

The lowest level that grants me beta access up to 30 dollars

Im not swimming in money to give to a KS, even if its DAoC

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence