Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Beta Weekend 2 to Feature Control Wizard

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has indicated via a poll on the Neverwinter Facebook page that the Control Wizard will be making an appearance in the next beta event to begin on March 8th. This will bring four classes into the game, missing only the Greatsword Fighter of the announced classes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Yusssss. Very stoked to try it out. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Player 1:  Hey man, what's up.  So what are you going to do with your control wizard?

Player 2: Control stuff.

Player 1:  Oh hey, that's what I'm doing with mine too!

Player 2: Niiiice.  So what kind of weapon you using with your greatsword warrior?

Player 1:  Greatsword!

Player 2:  You are such a copycat, my greatsword warrior is also using a greatsword!

Player1:  Shut the front door.

• KamielRKamielR Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Now I'll be singing Control by Janet Jackson while controling mobs lol
  • LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

OMFG i'm so excited, can't way to rain destruction down on the mobs. March 8th can't come soon enough, everyone is going to be a control wizard lol and the funny thing is having 5 control wizards will work with any dungeon.  

Is there any announcement when they will open up the foundry?

• nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    This class looked WAY overpowered LOL!  How is a warrior in pvp even going to get close hehe!
  • jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by nuttob
    This class looked WAY overpowered LOL!  How is a warrior in pvp even going to get close hehe!

The warrior classes have some abilities to quickly close the gap between them and enemies, at least he guardian warrior did.

Now, what this does mean is, the next beta weekend will be really called Controlwinter beta weekend, as since most people played the other classes last beta weekend...well you guessed it.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by jedensuscg

The warrior classes have some abilities to quickly close the gap between them and enemies, at least he guardian warrior did.

yea both warrior classes have several ways to close gaps

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• koljanekoljane Member UncommonPosts: 171
    They need to change the way wizard cast spells cause it looks like he didnt took a shower for a while and he has some serious bacteric infection under his arms :D. Realy looks retarded.
    Originally posted by koljane
    They need to change the way wizard cast spells cause it looks like he didnt took a shower for a while and he has some serious bacteric infection under his arms :D. Realy looks retarded.

rooting is what kills it for me as far as ranged classes... in action games nothing i hate more than ranged rooting.. its one of the main reasons I never play ranged classes in diablo games.. wouldn't even care if it was slow walking while casting so i could peddle around a little bit or do a little back peddling

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by jedensuscg

Now, what this does mean is, the next beta weekend will be really called Controlwinter beta weekend, as since most people played the other classes last beta weekend...well you guessed it.

I think that's probably the point. They want to get as many people playing the specific classes so they can get some good feedback.

With only 5 classes though its not like any class is ever going to not be all over the place lol.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Player 1:  Hey man, what's up.  So what are you going to do with your control wizard?

Player 2: Niiiice.  So what kind of weapon you using with your greatsword warrior?

Player 2:  You are such a copycat, my greatsword warrior is also using a greatsword!

Ive seen a "great club" drop from a boss and class is called a "great weapon" fighter ;). But ye, not much versatility.

Originally posted by Xarko

Ive seen a "great club" drop from a boss and class is called a "great weapon" fighter ;). But ye, not much versatility.

this did bother me in Tera as I hated being stuck with only one weapon type the entire time I played....

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    glad to hear i am optomisic but cautious regarding this title but i gotta say the combat looks amazing.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Xarko

this did bother me in Tera as I hated being stuck with only one weapon type the entire time I played....

Me and you both sister. As I said tho atm it SEEMS there will be two handed hammers(seen in a video) and hopefuly axes for GWF.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It is a bit limiting to only use one weapon in this day and age.. but D&D characters.. true D&D characters could only ever be good with one weapon otherwise they were gimped compared to those that only used one. BUT.. you at least got to choose which type or weapon that was.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Great video. Hopefully the combat is as fast-paced for the Wizard as they make it out to be. 
  • jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    nice blend of DPS and CC being shown. I had a tint of fear that it would be mostly CC and little DPS hearing the name.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• truetitans84truetitans84 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Im naming my HarryPotter
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

True in a D&D world a player did specialize in one weapon "type", but you had veriety in that weapon type and you could use other weapons if you pointed that way, but also in a true D&D world you could multi-class your character and you had alignments that you picked and had to maintain...... this game is NOT D&D so you will enjoy it for being a nice combat game with repeating elements and instance dungeons or you will wait for a true D&D MMO to come out some day.

That said I will give it a go and see how it plays when it finally is released, but honestly I see myself only playing it for short times seeing there isn't enough of the deeper D&D elements that would keep me longer.

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Originally posted by Xepo

True in a D&D world a player did specialize in one weapon "type", but you had veriety in that weapon type and you could use other weapons if you pointed that way, but also in a true D&D world you could multi-class your character and you had alignments that you picked and had to maintain...... this game is NOT D&D so you will enjoy it for being a nice combat game with repeating elements and instance dungeons or you will wait for a true D&D MMO to come out some day.

That said I will give it a go and see how it plays when it finally is released, but honestly I see myself only playing it for short times seeing there isn't enough of the deeper D&D elements that would keep me longer.

Just stop...exactly what MMO you've played that you haven't run repeating elements? And what is a true D&D MMO experience....since D&D varies dependent on the group envolved even so much as DM's(GM's) having different variations on the rulesets....their could be no TRUE D&D experience to be had.

Some people just need to get over themselves, and just enjoy gaming...

• LordOfPitLordOfPit Member UncommonPosts: 86

If you're thinking of playing a Control Wizard, stock up on health potions, get a Tank or Cleric companion when soloing and team up whenever you can. For the first time, it seems that Cryptic is aiming at creating an MMO that requires playing (nicely) together a few levels after the tutorial! And I hope NWO stays this way.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

rooting is what kills it for me as far as ranged classes... in action games nothing i hate more than ranged rooting.. its one of the main reasons I never play ranged classes in diablo games.. wouldn't even care if it was slow walking while casting so i could peddle around a little bit or do a little back peddling

Same.  It's really discouraging to hear that.  I love a good run n' gun class myself.  That's what killed TERA for me. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Suzie, you have a typo in your article. The missing class is called "Great Weapon Fighter" not "Greatsword Fighter" as there are other two-handed weapons the class can use besides greatswords.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=799381

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Thats what im thinking

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by achesoma

Same.  It's really discouraging to hear that.  I love a good run n' gun class myself.  That's what killed TERA for me. 

The Secret World did it perfectly.  You can use ranged skills while moving, but you just walked instead of ran during casted abilities.