Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

are there any way for mystic to kill decent/skilled lancers in pvp?

evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131

Okay, i was nearly killed by a lancer if not for the `safe zone`, tried to sleep him.. guess what.. he uses that shield block.. skill(i dk the correct name of that skill), tried to dot, he blocked too.. If i used by teleport early.. he gonna rush me which 100% guarantees that i wont have teleport for the next 8s.

Besides, they had a skill similar to DK's deathgrip, sometimes i could avoid that, sometimes i couldn't, which brings me to a next set of question: are there any way to kill a `brained` lancer in 1v1 pvp as mystic ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by sadWinds

Okay, i was nearly killed by a lancer if not for the `safe zone`, tried to sleep him.. guess what.. he uses that shield block.. skill(i dk the correct name of that skill), tried to dot, he blocked too.. If i used by teleport early.. he gonna rush me which 100% guarantees that i wont have teleport for the next 8s.

Besides, they had a skill similar to DK's deathgrip, sometimes i could avoid that, sometimes i couldn't, which brings me to a next set of question: are there any way to kill a `brained` lancer in 1v1 pvp as mystic ?

teleport is your friend, your best bet is to get him to waste his shield block resource.  Lancers are limited to a resource bar the shrinks ever second he has it up and it drains very quickly and takes time to replenish.  So what you can do is kite him and force him to use his shield often.  There is a delay between shield drop and shield up so during those moment where he drops his shield, you can use sleep or get him to dash and sleep him there.  But your biggest obstacle is doing enough DPS to take him down which will not be easy.

I play a Lancer and have never lost to a mystic or even came close to losing, their dps is too low to drain my HP.  The problem is due to both classes designs and mechanics but even worse is my Lancer is built on Health Regeneration and Alternating Barriers that I an activate with a 5 sec window where the enemy has a chance to do damage.  I run with 4 HP regen Crystals, and 4 PVP damage reduction acessorie Zyrks which reduced pvp damage by 20.  So every 5 Seconds I am gaining 1200 hp back.  I also run with reduced time on leash and extended leash and reduced cool time on my Heal,  Even worse I play Barraka which gives me a 100 % HP Heal skill every hour which means even if you could get me down to near death, you would have to do it again.  

Honesly your best be is to get another mystic lol and sleep away.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Ugh, I can't stand a rock / paper / scissors class design for PvP.  Warhammer did the same thing and it was so completely frustrating to never ever be able to win against a witch elf / witch hunter as a cloth class or win against a healer class as a tank class.  I much prefer Dark Age of Camelot style of balance, where for the most part, every class had a decent chance of winning against another as long as you didn't make too many mistakes.  There were of course a very few exceptions, but nothing on the scale of Tera or WAR.  I also noticed, what little I played of Tera, that caster classes in that game get the shaft compared to the melee classes.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    Ugh, I can't stand a rock / paper / scissors class design for PvP.  Warhammer did the same thing and it was so completely frustrating to never ever be able to win against a witch elf / witch hunter as a cloth class or win against a healer class as a tank class.  I much prefer Dark Age of Camelot style of balance, where for the most part, every class had a decent chance of winning against another as long as you didn't make too many mistakes.  There were of course a very few exceptions, but nothing on the scale of Tera or WAR.  I also noticed, what little I played of Tera, that caster classes in that game get the shaft compared to the melee classes.

You and I must have played a much different version of DAOC, because if ever there was a title with a rock/paper/scissors mechanic in one on one combat it was that game. 

They used to even say that their balance efforts were always based on the 8 man group mechanic, and not class for class. 

Sure, they were always nerfing one class or another to prevent them from being too overpowered, (althoughevery new class in the expansions were almost always OP'd at launch)  Remember how challenging it was to kill a Bonedancer? (well, if you were a Mid, maybe not)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Vorthanion

You and I must have played a much different version of DAOC, because if ever there was a title with a rock/paper/scissors mechanic in one on one combat it was that game. 

They used to even say that their balance efforts were always based on the 8 man group mechanic, and not class for class. 

Sure, they were always nerfing one class or another to prevent them from being too overpowered, (althoughevery new class in the expansions were almost always OP'd at launch)  Remember how challenging it was to kill a Bonedancer? (well, if you were a Mid, maybe not)

Gonna disagree with this one, any class in DAoC could beat any other class if played correctly. Bonedancers were squishy 2-3 shots for my 2h Armsman so I dunno about all that. Most of the time they were dead before slam wore off if their purge was down.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by sadWinds

As people have said tera is a rock, paper, scissor type of game with a little overflow between the classes.

Most of the time a lancer will beat a mystic at mid lvls but on the bright side, he should not be able to beat you later on in the game.  There are a few things you can do to improve your odds.  First spawn your tank and have it run interference / harrass the lancer (the tank spawn has a high chance to knock down so thats a bonus).  Always keep your tank pet between you and the lancer (collision detection).  Use attacks that do not put you in combat mode speed (use your dots),  Having the extra movement speed of "out of combat mode"  helps.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Nobody mentioned metamorphic blast/smite yet, but that skill for mystics is on a 4 second cooldown and is 100% chance to knockdown, proper use of that can give you time to land dots while their retaliate is on cooldown. Also like target said, always try to keep your thrall in between you and the lancer, if he tries to leash hes going to get the thrall instead of you.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

Lancers are no joke.  but a PvP experienced Mystic can be a horrendously frustrating opponent too. 

Besides what people posted above in regards to Thralls, Metamorphic Smite (and even Blast), keep in mind your Thrall of Life can very qickly fill your health bar.  A quick Lancer on his game could try to destroy it so try to sumon it when youll have a few seconds of peace.

Your Teleport Jaunt when Glyphed is on a 6.8 second CD, that's some pretty obnoxious mobility.  Keep in mind you don't only have Sonorous Dreams, but also Mire, on 30 sec CD, Ancient Binding on 30 sec Cd, Curse of Exhaustion, Shara's Lash and Regression.  Try practicing all those moves with a guildmate with duels.

All those abilities make a Mystic a fairly nightmarish opponent in a group situation.  To balance all those slows and CC's the Mystic damage is craptastic so really don't look for 1:1's as a Mystic.  it's a phenomenal support class by definition.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

I would rephrease this:

Is there any way for a mystic to kill any decent/skilled class in pvp?

I played a mystic for quite some time as my first Tera character and it's one of the weakest classes the game has to offer. If you 1vs1 a mystic all you need are some health potions. They will outheal the mystics terribad damage. These days I got archer /slayer/sorc/berserker/lancers and on all classes mystics are a free frag if they don't run away in time.

Mystics are pure support classes, they aren't worth anything on their own. If you got a few kills playing a mystic you most likely had a lot better gear or killed someone (semi) afk. The thing they are good at solo would be... trying to annoy the enemy for a bit using CCs, then running for their life.

LFG!