Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Looks like one the better engines I have seen in recent years personally. I didnt see a dramatic drop in quality on the PS3 either, just minor differences.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Maybe it's just perception, but it looks like the PS3 version is running at a much lower framerate - which is to be expected.

So where is the PS4 info?!

I would HATE to buy this game for PC, get into it, and then not be able to play it on PS4 when that releases.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

this game is multi-plataform.. so when u buy a copy from PC, PS3 or PS4 in a future (i hope) u have to register it on your SquareEnix Account and then, u can login in to your account on each plataform u have registered. 

so dont worry, the only problem is that if u want to play in PS4 with your PC character, u will have to buy a PS4 copy of this game and register it on your SE account.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Keep in mind though, Yoshi-P did say in a recent interview that the PS3 ver shown in the latest videos is only at 75% optimised.  Thats why the frames are so low with the horrible screen tearing.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

this game is multi-plataform.. so when u buy a copy from PC, PS3 or PS4 in a future (i hope) u have to register it on your SquareEnix Account and then, u can login in to your account on each plataform u have registered. 

so dont worry, the only problem is that if u want to play in PS4 with your PC character, u will have to buy a PS4 copy of this game and register it on your SE account.

But the PS4 hardware and code is a lot, lot, lot more similar to the PC version than the PS3 version.

The PS4 is running x86 architecture on AMD hardware - it's pretty much a custom PC.

Makes more sense that you SHOULD be able to pop PC DvD into PS4 and play than vice versa.

Hence why there is no backward compatibility outside of streaming between PS3 and PS4.

PS3 is custom cell processor architecture completely different than PC or Xbox etc. where as they are purposefully making PS4 just like a PC for better/easier cross-platforming.

• TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

But the PS4 hardware and code is a lot, lot, lot more similar to the PC version than the PS3 version.

The PS4 is running x86 architecture on AMD hardware - it's pretty much a custom PC.

Makes more sense that you SHOULD be able to pop PC DvD into PS4 and play than vice versa.

Hence why there is no backward compatibility outside of streaming between PS3 and PS4.

PS3 is custom cell processor architecture completely different than PC or Xbox etc. where as they are purposefully making PS4 just like a PC for better/easier cross-platforming.

True, but will the PS4 still be running OpenGL instead of DirectX? That could prove a problem for simply porting the PC version over to the PS4.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The difference in texture quality can be best seen when the video starts to show off Ul'dah.

Aside from that, the game is looking absolutely gorgeous.  I was half expecting barren lands, but even the desert areas look about a thousand times better than the first version.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

PS3 looks like crap.

I feel sorry for those who will be playing in that system.

Guess PC really is the gaming master race now :S

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Framerate is horrible on the PS3

You make me like charity

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29
    It runs very slowly on PS3 as you see, Its not realy cool that it get a PS3 Port because PS4 coming this year so far...
    remember thatPS3 is on ALPHA and PC is already on BETA, so probably, they will improve frame rate on PS3 for launch
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    The PS3 version clearly has simpler shading and lower FPS. You can clearly see the difference in shading during the Black Shroud part at 1:27. The PC version has nice self-shading, while the console doesn't.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Looks like TERA.

Meaning it looks like another MMO with a pervo Asian graphics style.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Khrymson
    Keep in mind though, Yoshi-P did say in a recent interview that the PS3 ver shown in the latest videos is only at 75% optimised.  Thats why the frames are so low with the horrible screen tearing.

Guess nobody is reading the whole thread.  Go figure.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Squenix, please stop showing more goodies and finish the dang thing!..... Depending on how good it relaunches this could potentially be the only mmo i support with a monthly sub.

.....*breathe* .. he who has patience, persevere.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

Yeah, I've heard that before. Every time a game has FPS problems or tearing, devs say they're going to be fixed, but most of the time they don't get fixed entirely. I'd say the chance of that PS3 version running at stable 60 FPS is close to zero.

• bronxknyghtbronxknyght Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Scalpless

Yeah, I've heard that before. Every time a game has FPS problems or tearing, devs say they're going to be fixed, but most of the time they don't get fixed entirely. I'd say the chance of that PS3 version running at stable 60 FPS is close to zero.

It will most likely run at 30FPS like a lot of other games on the PS3. They working directly with Sony to fix the FPS issue.

Guess we have someone new to the world of MMOs. Welcome Newfriend!

They never fix it. Its why people ignored that; we are compelled to think that that person is a PR shill for SQEX.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    The difference is the ps3 is at 75% optimal , wile crossing the footage with most likely medium PC settings . Witch also looks great . I think everyone will be happy graphicly no matter what system or specs you have . I clocked in at 9107 on 1920x1080 witch is hella good on max settings .

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

there is no need to worry, if current config for ps3 is too much for Ps3 they will downgrade it a little. Recent interviews said PS3 config is right now between Medium and High config on PC, so they can move it to Medium.. but probably they are trying to be on PS3 limits
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    The difference is the ps3 is at 75% optimal , wile crossing the footage with most likely medium PC settings . Witch also looks great . I think everyone will be happy graphicly no matter what system or specs you have . I clocked in at 9107 on 1920x1080 witch is hella good on max settings .

On max I got 4300 which is still high.

On high i get 5600.

Pretty much as expected with a GTX 460.

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

Wow..the PS3 version is barely playable due to its framerate .

Honesty, i wouldn't surprise if XIV2.0 end up being one of the launch title for PS4, sincePS4 is far more easier to develope/port.

• xausxaus Member Posts: 34
    I played the old FFXIV for along time so i still remember the horrible lands etc, I have to say watching that video i couldn't belive how good it looked even on the PS3. I'm very impressed with the visual hopefully the game play is as good.