Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV: ARR Benchmark released.

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

The Benchmark was released just a few short hours ago.

You can download it here: 

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/ 

...or watch the video of it at Final Fantasy XIV's website:  

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/media/videos

The Letter from the Producer Live V will be available here:

It will start at 2AM PST / 5AM EST

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Oooh cool. Will see if my old clunker can run it tonight at home. Thanks for the heads up :D

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Oooh cool. Will see if my old clunker can run it tonight at home. Thanks for the heads up :D

You're welcome.  :)

Good luck on getting a high score!  :3

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

Pretty happy with the result, although with the dumbing down of the graphics for the Playstation I didn't expect much different.

Score:6662 - Very High - 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 4.20GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

4819 maximum 720p resolution.  i5, 8gb ram, gtx260.  Indoor areas seem to render 5x as fast as outdoors, that's where most my score came from.  I would not want to play at 20fps in outdoor zones.

Using custom settings that I will probably tweak around, I got a much improved 7586.  Even then, due to the difference between outdoor/indoor, it looks like I won't get 60fps in crowded outdoor areas. 

Originally posted by pl3dge

Pretty happy with the result, although with the dumbing down of the graphics for the Playstation I didn't expect much different.

Score:6662 - Very High - 1920x1080 Maximum Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 4.20GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

They aren't dumbed down. 

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795

Oh I loved those particle effects <3 As silly as this sounds I play FF games for this qye candy during battles and it seems like 2.0 will deliver =P

I should be fine playing the game considering my score. My pc isn;t high end but it also seems like they downgraded some aspects of the graphics to vastly improve performance.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

1920x1080:

mid: 5400 | high: 4150 | max: 3550

enough to play, 3550 said High performance

• pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183
    Originally posted by adam_nox

They aren't dumbed down. 

You sure about that?

It's a different engine from before mainly made to run on Playstation and it has no dx11 support at launch. From the benchmark I would say it looked better before.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Yup, won't be having any problem playing FFXIV:ARR considering this score is with just one of my 680 FTWs as SLi is not supported yet for this benchmark...lol

• spadge3k00spadge3k00 Member Posts: 56
    i may be a bit dumb here but does any 1 kno how to make it run in fullscreen ?
  • KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by spadge3k00

No such option.  This is SE remember, they always do fairly good in an overall sense, but then leave out minor details that are rather important...heh

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Soon as I get off work I will fraps my benchmark , I have a AMD 8350 8 core processor , 16gb g.skill ran , vortex 4 SSD , and a overclock hd xfx dd 7970 ill post link later this evening

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Nice thanks for link :)

Starting to fee more real now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

Originally posted by Khrymson
    Originally posted by spadge3k00

No such option.  This is SE remember, they always do fairly good in an overall sense, but then leave out minor details that are rather important...heh

man i feel u, specially i jus did a run at 1600 and got a lower score lol

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

1280x720

Score: 6048

Performance: Very High

Boooya!

The graphics look great.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    4237 Score @ 1920x1080 res maximum quality. Not bad for a Geforce gtx 460 and a i5-2310. when I run it with my personal settings i score close to 7000. I usually shut shadows off or on low in every game unless they give me some kind of advantage, as well as a few effects i hate like depth of field, bloom and such.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    Soon as I get off work I will fraps my benchmark , I have a AMD 8350 8 core processor , 16gb g.skill ran , vortex 4 SSD , and a overclock hd xfx dd 7970 ill post link later this evening

Sadly 8 core processor means jack shit really unless the game is specifically coded to use them. I prefer my i5/i7's because of the turbo boost where if only 1 or 2 cores are needed it underclocks the others to overclock the ones in use, its a feature amd processors lack, which is probally why all the games I play run better than on my friends amd system. Sadly most pc games never use more than 1 core yet. Which is probally why the i5/i7's tend to out preform amd's, 2, 4, 6, or 8 cores, doesn't mean anything unless the game is coded to use them. This is actually a fact many people who buy cpu's seem to forget about.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Score:4646
    Average Framerate:37.461
    Performance:High
     -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1680x1050
    Graphics Presets: Maximum

im highly intrigued to know what score u get and ur average fps. im building an A10-5800k apu system for the gf and would be interested on how this bench performs.

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by adam_nox

They aren't dumbed down. 

You sure about that?

It's a different engine from before mainly made to run on Playstation and it has no dx11 support at launch. From the benchmark I would say it looked better before.

They picked a new engine because it ran like garbage on even high end PCs before. I am not sure what you are smoking, but the game clearly looks better and smoother than before...

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Benchmark must be somewhat CPU intensive because I run a gtx 670 with 2600k running at 4.7ghz and hit 7950 with it on 1920x1080 maximum.. you using the newest beta drivers from nvidia?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

For giggles I tried the benchmark with software I use to monitor GPU stats.

On both maximum and medium (the lowest selectable setting) the CPU load was heavy (expected).

Maximum was heavy on GPU but dropping to medium reduced GPU loading by a large amount.

Framerate did improve on medium but not by a huge amount, which implies the settings mostly adjust GPU loading not CPU where my machine was bottlenecked.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AllizarAllizar Member Posts: 54

Default - Medium

photo mediumscore_zpsa5df0346.png

1920 x 1200 Maximum

photo maximumscore_zps12cc79ac.png

1920 x 1080 Maximum

photo Maximumscore1080_zps644a581d.png

Not too bad for a 3 year old machine

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by Siveria

Sadly 8 core processor means jack shit really unless the game is specifically coded to use them. I prefer my i5/i7's because of the turbo boost where if only 1 or 2 cores are needed it underclocks the others to overclock the ones in use, its a feature amd processors lack, which is probally why all the games I play run better than on my friends amd system. Sadly most pc games never use more than 1 core yet. Which is probally why the i5/i7's tend to out preform amd's, 2, 4, 6, or 8 cores, doesn't mean anything unless the game is coded to use them. This is actually a fact many people who buy cpu's seem to forget about.

Thats well and good , my CPU is also over clocked from 4.0 to 4.5 but i dident want to brag 

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

I consider my i5 stock, gtx260 with 8gb of ram probably above the curve of pc hardware that mmo players tend to utilize.  I know when it comes to swinging around epeens, it may not seem to be the case, but typically the mmorpg playerbase, and I believe the PC userbase in general is upgrading slower and slower as it becomes harder to justify doing so.

My point being, any engine that can't run smoothly at such specs isn't worth deploying unless you want to only attract a niche segment, and you'd better hope that niche segment heavily overlaps with the niche segment that likes your type of game.