Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If the platforms are united, PC players will have the advantage?

Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
In terms of FPS controls, mouse and keyboard is superior for an FPS. This is a 3rd person shooter and it might be similar but I am not 100% sure, I think a good test would be to play Gears of War 1 and 360 and PC to determine which has the advantage.

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I remember a cross-platform test by Microsoft where PC players would own Console players in a twitch shooter.

Im at the very least curious.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Yes...

Console FPS players think they are "freakin' awesome" now, until they are continually headshot at range with that precision instrument we call a mouse..

HAXXXX!!! Nuuuuuuuuu!!!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    It all depends on what the game is designed to support. The biggest difference is the responsiveness and variable control of a mouse over the binary (moving or not moving) analog stick. If the software compensates for that or if the hardware is made available on both platforms, most of the issues are eliminated.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Im pretty sure they will be limiting how the controls work in the game to try and even things out..

Probally heavy auto targeting on the consoles, and slowing down the response of the mosue imput and so on..

In general yes mouse and keyboard and a lot better for fps games.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Crossplatform is not going to happen - astleast not with the Xbox, as Microsoft doesn't allow for crossplatform interaction with XBL.

Anyways, I take a console FPS with native USB-keyboard and mouse-support over the PC-version any day, as consoles are usually not hacked and cheats are usually not that common.
    Looking forward to play Dust514 to get my FPS-fix for those reasons.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Shadowrun was cross platform with XBL  play station and PC it worked well. 
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Shadowrun was cross platform with XBL  play station and PC it worked well. 

it worked well cause console players at the time could not type to whine ingame.

without a doubt and not even a question uniting players from all platform is very sweet idea but imo the types of players are differrent and mouse.keyb combination will always rule over mushroom aiming.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Console FPS often have aim assist as in if u scope in on somone it will clip the recticle onto the target for a moment. Cant remember the game i played but i could basicly aim down sight and click a fraction afterwards and it will be a garantee headshot made going through the campain rediculously easy
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by Yalexy

Crossplatform is not going to happen - astleast not with the Xbox, as Microsoft doesn't allow for crossplatform interaction with XBL.

FFXI was cross platform (PC, PS2, 360).

It has happened before, something people oddly seem to forget, the question is will it happen again? I'm guessing Trion thinks so, otherwise they probably would have gone with an exclusivity agreement with one or the other.

If I had to guess, I suspect the real roadblock to such a thing wouldn't be MS or Sony, per se, but instead what it'll take  to get them both to agree to anything.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

From what I can tell, the game relies more heavely on your characters skill in combat than your physical accuracy with a mouse or pad, when determining how accurate you are. 

I also think a lot of people underestimate how good you can actually get with a pad and a little muscle memory.

You make me like charity

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270

You are completely wrong. Final Fantasy XI (FFXI) works through Xbox Live on the Xbox 360... and that game is cross platform on the Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and the PC.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Zeno89

You are completely wrong. Final Fantasy XI (FFXI) works through Xbox Live on the Xbox 360... and that game is cross platform on the Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and the PC.

FFXI was released before Microsoft cemented its policy on not allowing games to be cross platform with competing consoles (not including the PC). 

• metal0xmetal0x Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Yes...

Console FPS players think they are "freakin' awesome" now, until they are continually headshot at range with that precision instrument we call a mouse..

HAXXXX!!! Nuuuuuuuuu!!!

LOL, I like this post. It is so true.image

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

It's multi-platform not cross-platform

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Many people seem to forget this and I know many people even ignore it but both consoles are capable of using a mouse and keyboard unreal tournament allowed the use of mouse and keyboard on the Ps3 its the only one that comes to my mind right now but console gamers will hopefully have a choice to use mouse and keyboard if they choose.

[mod edit - NDA in effect]

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Go watch the developer beta video of defiance played on the xbox, its on youtube.

They are specifically asked if all platforms will play together. Developer stated they wanted to, and they could do it, however first party said no, meaning sony and microsoft didnt want cross platform play.

Each platform will be isolated from eachother.

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    This really is a pointless thread as no game will have Microsoft and Sony playerbase mingling on one server any time soon, if ever.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Cryptor
    This really is a pointless thread as no game will have Microsoft and Sony playerbase mingling on one server any time soon, if ever.

Oh god could you imagine Call of Duty kiddies vs Red Dead Redemption pros vs Counterstrike Pro gamers XD... it'll be a woodchipper of profanity, gore and steel rain.

• RattenmannRattenmann Member UncommonPosts: 613

If anything the console player will have an advantage. The PC port is so badly done, you can not even find the logout button if playing on a PC. Let alone manage your inventory.

So how is a PC gamer going to beat a console player, if the PC gamer is running around naked (not finding his inventory)? ;-)

MMOs finally replaced social interaction, forced grouping and standing in a line while talking to eachother.

Now we have forced soloing, forced questing and everyone is the hero, without ever having to talk to anyone else. The evolution of multiplayer is here! We won,... right?