Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's Titan may not be a new IP after all

2»

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Whatever it is I'm guessing it will be sci-fi since they already have the most popular fantasy MMO. They'll bring out a sci-fi game too, for all the sci-fi fans, and hog more subscribers.
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Coman

Been rumoured for a while, microsoft and acti/ bliz working on a 720 / win 8 exclusive mmo

I highly doubt that given Activision AND Blizzard's new-found partnership with Sony and PS4.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

titan will be a social facebook game

these facebook have lot more ppl playing that all blizzard games

• EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

Why don't they just pull some original Blizzatrics and release a Warhammer 40k MMO-cop?

We all know where the original Warcraft came from anyway...

They might as well go balls to the walls and buy the 40k MMO that was canceled.

Change Orks to Orcs, slap Titan Online onto the box, and we're good to go.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Ebonheart

Why don't they just pull some original Blizzatrics and make a Warhammer 40k MMO?

We all know where the original Warcraft came from anyway...

They might as well go balls to the walls and buy the 40k MMO that was canceled.

Change Orks to Orcs, slap Titan Online onto the box, and we're good to go.

Ain't that the truth, I still don't see how they got away with Warcraft as much as I love the universe lol.

That said I hope it's not Starcraft Ghost. If there was one game I wasn't looking forward to it was splinter cell with cartoony over the top graphics.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

we all know it will be GW2 clone

with different races and lore

• SasamiSasami Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Coman

Been rumoured for a while, microsoft and acti/ bliz working on a 720 / win 8 exclusive mmo

I highly doubt that given Activision AND Blizzard's new-found partnership with Sony and PS4.

This has nothing do with other partnerships. Just because Blizzard is finally bring games consoles, again, will it limit what they do with other partners. Infact I wouldn't be suprised they would bring Diablo 3 on 720 release. 

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510
    I'm betting it'll be a gothic horror mmo, with steampunk and fantasy/si-fi elements:P
  • TalmienTalmien Member UncommonPosts: 189

Microsoft is most likely designing the new xbox and windows 8 to run together. I doubt it would be very hard to port a game designed to run on windows 8 to the new xbox, aside from a change in user interface.

So its probably a very easy step for Blizzard to take.

Now designing a game to run on Windows 8 and the Playstation 4... thats a different story.

Originally posted by Talmien

Now designing a game to run on Windows 8 and the Playstation 4... thats a different story.

Actually no it's not because the PS4 is based on AMD x86 architecture just like a PC.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    As is the new xbox. The wiiU also uses AMD gpu (but not cpu)
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I think it will be a planetside clone. There's a got to be more to this Destiny not on pc & MAC business. I think Titan Is the pc / MAC version. Blizzard and bungie did spend a lot of time working on stuff together (the cancelled halo mmo)
    I think it will be a planetside clone. There's a got to be more to this Destiny not on pc & MAC business. I think Titan Is the pc / MAC version. Blizzard and bungie did spend a lot of time working on stuff together (the cancelled halo mmo)

Bungie is partnered with Activision for Destiny, and Activision owns Blizzard so... it's possible.

Bungie has said PC version is "probable" though.

BlizzCon isn't until November, which is likely right around the launch window of Xbox 720 / PS4 so if they don't announce anything on Titan before that, I'd highly doubt Destiny for PC/MAC is Titan.

My hope for Titan?

My hope for Titan is a complete engine overhaul for next-gen graphics and systems and cross platform play for WoW.

That'd be cool.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I hope it is. Blizz needs a big flop so they can get back to their roots. Still waiting for WC4 since SC2 was so lackluster :(

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.