Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 2.0!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/%5Bnews-category%5D/20130220

Looks like it won't be long before it'll go live, seeing how it's on PTS! :D

And it seems Makeb will be coming with it.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Comments

• FritzpowerFritzpower Member UncommonPosts: 23

I still don't see any REAL updates to this game. This digital expansiaon only adds +instances +planet to kill your time with.

I really wanted to like this game since I am a huge Star Wars fan, but there are many problems with it.

Still crappy space combat, Still too Theme Park game no real freedom to do whatever I want. If I could for example fly wherever

I want, or do (almost) whatever I want on a planet, for example adding player structures what will never be possile on this kinds of maps. They closed the door in front of this like of things when they addet too many things on all planets and left no spaece for players to build and such. Still its a good game but I really feel sorry about it. This cold have been AMAZING.

but no they wanted a wow in SW skin :(

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

Fantastic news, i'm looking forward to this.

The Rise of the Hutt Cartel digital expansion (which contains the planet-based story content and more) will have a separate, closed beta process which will not appear on the Public Test Server. We are also happy to announce that you will be able to transfer your character to PTS using the new PTS Character Copy Tool (instructions can be found below).

Additionally, players will have the option to advance characters immediately to level 55 from the Republic and Imperial Fleets (detailed instructions below).

Game Update 2.0 contains a host of new features including:

• New gear available only to level 55 characters.
    • A new Operation: Scum and Villainy.
    • New abilities and skill trees for all 16 Advanced Classes.
    • New level 55 Hard Mode Flashpoints: Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, and Cademimu.
    • New Nightmare Mode Operation: Terror from Beyond.
    • Legacy Achievements – Complete challenges to earn unique titles and vanity rewards across your Legacy.

The new Operation and Hard Mode Flashpoints in Game Update 2.0 are Level 55 Elder Game Content. The level cap increase to 55 is included with the purchase of the Digital Expansion, Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Now that will bring a million Star Wars fans back. A new raid, hard mode grinds, titles, reputation grinds and GEAR.

Boy that sounds fun...

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

It says the expansion is a separate test and is not on PTS

They have had several updates on the go at once before, so still got 1.8 and 1.9 to go yet.

This is getting on now, as will take longer to test, than other updates.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    nothing for F2P players
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    So, if you sub and buy Makeb, you'll get a new operation and a bunch of harder versions of old content... so not exciting.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by Fritzpower

I still don't see any REAL updates to this game. This digital expansiaon only adds +instances +planet to kill your time with.

I really wanted to like this game since I am a huge Star Wars fan, but there are many problems with it.

Still crappy space combat, Still too Theme Park game no real freedom to do whatever I want. If I could for example fly wherever

I want, or do (almost) whatever I want on a planet, for example adding player structures what will never be possile on this kinds of maps. They closed the door in front of this like of things when they addet too many things on all planets and left no spaece for players to build and such. Still its a good game but I really feel sorry about it. This cold have been AMAZING.

I hate to say it... But what you are asking for is a complete and total redesign of the game... That will not happen for several reasons. One of them being the storm about the NGE and the second is that it would take several years and god knows how much money to do. So just walk away sonny... I am sure you can find some star wars themed minecraft server out there.

I think it is nice to see them working through the game and getting more content out. I think this can become a fairly nice game witha  decent end-game in the comming year.

This have been a good conversation

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Why do people say that 2.0 is part of paid content update when it clearly isnt.

For 20$/10$ you DONT get new ops.

And making hard modes of year and a half old instances new "elder game"...khm lol

Achievements - regrind most of things you already grinded for year and a half.

Originally posted by tawess

I think it is nice to see them working through the game and getting more content out. I think this can become a fairly nice game witha  decent end-game in the comming year.

All this content was was known about for more than a year exept a few details:

it was supposed to be free update and now its paid update

it was supposed to come before end of 2012

Now, if they stuck to original plan it would actually be decent, but the way it worked in practice....laughable. Now it shows that bulk of their updates consist of "regrind bunch of stuff you have already been grinding for year and a half" becase of extreme lack of actual new content.

I hate to say it... But what you are asking for is a complete and total redesign of the game...  

I want that too, count me in :D

The Return of ELITE !

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Originally posted by mikahr

Now, if they stuck to original plan it would actually be decent, but the way it worked in practice....laughable. Now it shows that bulk of their updates consist of "regrind bunch of stuff you have already been grinding for year and a half" becase of extreme lack of actual new content.

Agree and while i think they should have stuck to the original plan we all know that they had ro restructure their post-release plan on the levelof starting over from pretty much scratch. So while the plan was pay toi play and get update for free. It is now play for free and pay for the update. And seeing as that is the plan now i still think it is a good idea to get the content they actually have in to the players hands rather then just tossing it out.

Originally posted by FromHell

Well you can want it all you like. It will not happen. Partially because te SW fandom have said they do not want another NGE and mostly becuase it is not financially viable as it woudl call for a completet and total rewrite of the framework of the game. and the adding of about twice the amount of content that is in the game now (in order to make "real" living worlds and not just wide open spaces of nothing.)

This have been a good conversation

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I hate to say it... But what you are asking for is a complete and total redesign of the game...  

But what would you hate on every day then?!

Life would get boring for you! :P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Agree and while i think they should have stuck to the original plan we all know that they had ro restructure their post-release plan on the levelof starting over from pretty much scratch. So while the plan was pay toi play and get update for free. It is now play for free and pay for the update. And seeing as that is the plan now i still think it is a good idea to get the content they actually have in to the players hands rather then just tossing it out.

You DONT get to play new ops for free and you have severe limitations for everything else if you dont P2P some that you cant even remove if you dont sub even if you P2P.

Guess we can now agree that "F2P option" was nothing more than PR gimmick (not that it wasnt obvious before that its just very limited trial) and pretty much very bad F2P model (if you can even call it that).

Oh, and btw, i was right that no OPS and FPs will come with Makeb for 20/10 $ :) So its just new planet, 1 zone lol

Well you can want it all you like. It will not happen. Partially because te SW fandom have said they do not want another NGE and mostly becuase it is not financially viable as it woudl call for a completet and total rewrite of the framework of the game. and the adding of about twice the amount of content that is in the game now (in order to make "real" living worlds and not just wide open spaces of nothing.)

What´s the definition of "another NGE" ? Can you be a little less cryptic?

What would upset the "SW fandom" ?

If space combat changes from Starfox to X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter /Jump to Lightspeed? 

If the game gets other things to do than repetitive gear grind, dailies or reputation grinds?

If the graphics get upgraded from 2007 to 2013 ?

If planets get a day/night change and exhaustion zones get canned?

If speeders go faster than wheelchairs and feel like actual speeders from the movies?

If mobs do something different than standing around like puppets?

Let me know what makes it "NGE" please, because in my opinion any kind of NGE can only make SWTOR better.

The Return of ELITE !

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

To be fair it was supposed to be a free update when it was a sub game.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

If space combat changes from Starfox to X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter /Jump to Lightspeed? 

If the game gets other things to do than repetitive gear grind, dailies or reputation grinds?

If speeders go faster than wheelchairs and feel like actual speeders from the movies?

Let me know what makes it "NGE" please, because in my opinion any kind of NGE can only make SWTOR better.

Exactly, if SWG had gone from CU/NGE to the way it was it would not have been as big a problem.  A great big change does not always mean something bad.  NGE was a huge change that players were not told about and were not asking for.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

I wonder if the new abilities and skill trees for all classes are good, because right now SWTOR's largest (fixable) problem is that the combat isn't quite there yet. If they made the combat a bit better it would matter a lot more than adding new content.

Shame they won't be adding better housing (or space ships in case of SWTOR). It would have been awesome to customize the indoor areas of your own spaceships, I can't understand why Bioware hasn't implemented that option.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

Now that will bring a million Star Wars fans back. A new raid, hard mode grinds, titles, reputation grinds and GEAR.

Boy that sounds fun...

That's always seemed to work for WoW, but I'm sure their success has nothing to do with EAs decisions.  Of course there is a lot of sarcasm in what I wrote so take it with a grain of sand.

Originally posted by Vrika

I wonder if the new abilities and skill trees for all classes are good, because right now SWTOR's largest (fixable) problem is that the combat isn't quite there yet. If they made the combat a bit better it would matter a lot more than adding new content.

Shame they won't be adding better housing (or space ships in case of SWTOR). It would have been awesome to customize the indoor areas of your own spaceships, I can't understand why Bioware hasn't implemented that option.

Probably some kind of technical reason... maybe they never prepared their systems to handle such things...

Even WoW despite it's age, and a community with several highly populated RP servers, has never added housing (and I'm starting to suspect they never will).

At the same time, some games that haven't nearly been around that long have managed to implement it - Rift and Aion being two that immediately come to mind.

The other possibility would be that it simply doesn't appeal to whoever is running the show... =/

Originally posted by Latronus

Boy that sounds fun...

That's always seemed to work for WoW, but I'm sure their success has nothing to do with EAs decisions.  Of course there is a lot of sarcasm in what I wrote so take it with a grain of sand.

Hah, the same thing crossed my mind earlier. But since it's what pretty much every other MMO does too...

The only one that I know of that stuck with their refusal to raise the level cap was CoH/V - which implemented the Incarnate levels instead.

Of course there's also the matter that your average MMO player is constantly screaming "Bored! Raise the level cap!"

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

Seems like you don't know what the NGE was tbh.

Originally posted by LoverNoFighter

Seems like you don't know what the NGE was tbh.

Well they made SWG more WOWlike, called it NGE and failed. The remaining sandbox elements, JTL and the community kept it alive for 10 years.

SWTOR started out as a WOWclone and failed too.

Seeing any similiarities?

STAR WARS IP does not work with a WOW concept, PERIOD

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by Aethaeryn

To be fair it was supposed to be a free update when it was a sub game.

So all those people that still pay 15/month pay.....Its still sub game with limited free trial, just with forced added cost over the sub for less than even F2P games :) But its EA so no wonder lol

Oh, and what worked (works) for WoW didnt (dont) work for any other MMO, even if you put 300m$, crapzzillion of (experienced) people, 7 years development cycle and biggest IP in the world. So its pretty safe to say "it worked for WoW" is pretty much dead in teh water (just like most WoW clones ha ha) phrase

• Originally posted by Scalpless
    So, if you sub and buy Makeb, you'll get a new operation and a bunch of harder versions of old content... so not exciting.

No...The new operation and the bunch of harder versions of old content aren't related to Makeb.

Makeb is completely separate and includes its own content.

2.0 is nothing more then the patch before ROTHC mini expansion is released.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/%5Bnews-category%5D/20130220

Looks like it won't be long before it'll go live, seeing how it's on PTS! :D

And it seems Makeb will be coming with it.

I look forward to testing this out. Thanks for the update :)

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Boy that sounds fun...

+1, let's take everything that was wrong with the original, and keep screwing up! Yea! EA FTW! Why do they do this? I tried so hard to love this game. Why?

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.