Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POLL: Do you want more levels past 80?

TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141

http://poll.pollcode.com/vfxrsy

I posted this on the Guild Wars 2 forum and it has, at this time, reached ~500 votes. I figured I would also post it here so that everyone can get an opportunity to see it (it keeps getting deleted, moved into subforums like "Linksville", etc... so I figure it will stand a better chance of being seen here)!

Vote yes or no, feel free to comment on why you voted that way, etc!

Happy voting!

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Umm...why don't you make poll within this forum instead of that link?

Just to see how this site poll.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    If I could vote here I would say: No
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    I really don't see the point in more levels. Nearly all skills were gained by 30 if not all ( I can't recall).  If they did then they would need to create more harvesting nodes and probably create new raw materials to work in new armour and weapons, but then they would hit a backlash of those that didnt want more gear treadmill.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Here friends
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    don't see why.. 80 was even sort of excessive imho compared to gw1 only having 20.. game honestly could of been designed without levels and just done the trait tree a bit differn't and used a skill based system.. but guess enough things about this game is to much a deviation from the norm already..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    I'd rather if they kept the level cap at 80. GW1 worked nicely without adding more levels, and the game is already designed in a way that lots of content can be added at any level without ever becoming irrelevant.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• nastyjmannastyjman Member Posts: 161

I can see them increasing the level cap because of a new dungeon they will eventually introduce. Having a new level cap will gate content (dungeon and zone), which will force players to level their character up to enter the new dungeon and become competent on certain zones.

But with the way GW2 is designed, leveling up to cap will almost be instant... unless they change their manifesto and implement a leveling curve. IMO, I don't want the level cap to be raised. If an expansion comes out, I hope that they would add more cosmetic equipment and... housing! Bolstering existing zones or changing them would be nice as well.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

NO

I want something to do when I hit cap. Something to work towards that will increase my character's powwaahh!!

Joined - July 2004

• IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    No, the game does not need more lvls. The game could definitely use more Skills via utilities/weapons and even allow more weapon choices to all the classes.
    Originally posted by L0C0Man
    I'd rather if they kept the level cap at 80. GW1 worked nicely without adding more levels, and the game is already designed in a way that lots of content can be added at any level without ever becoming irrelevant.

which is one of the best design decision i think they made.. they can make a new race with new starter areas and everyone level 1-80 can enjoy it without having to start a new character

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Unless they revamp the progression and/or skill system, i'd say no. It felt like the game itself was meant to be only level 30 tops and just tacked on 50 levels which i feel really only made the game feel weaker if anything. 
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Unless they revamp the progression and/or skill system, i'd say no. It felt like the game itself was meant to be only level 30 tops and just tacked on 50 levels which i feel really only made the game feel weaker if anything. 

progression is an odd ball in this game so far.. for me it really was class dependent.. some classes I didn't feel it was changing much through the levels and others you really have a lot of flexability in the traits as you level to make numerous builds that play very differn't.. problem is I found some class don't really get that many very viable options till 60+

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Nope not at all, however I could do with some enhancements to end game progression like the ability to earn 10 more trait points (not anywhere near as quickly as standard leveling however) or the Arenanet version of Rift Planar Attunement sounds good, or how about the ability to do what Casters were able to do in AD&D 2.5 which was featured in the Tome of Magic, Quest/higher level spells to replace the utility ability slots on the bar that one must go and earn.

All these things come to mind for post max level adjustment to characters further making them more personalized.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    No more levels. I would like some more character development options. Possibly like aa's in eq. They also need a few more viable lvl 80 zones as tradeskill drop/cash hunting options would increase and make it a little less dull.
  • TolmosTolmos Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Umm...why don't you make poll within this forum instead of that link?

Just to see how this site poll.

Looks like BcBully beat me to it! Anyhow, in answer to your question: I didn't originally just because I already had that one going and didn't think it would be beneficial to have 2 separate polls going, but instead to get as many votes as possible on a single poll that Arenanet could see. Beyond that I had no other reason and nothing against using the polls here.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I voted yes, more levels...when the first expansion is released...not right now.

More levels in an expansion allows them to add to the skill system in a way that makes sense.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    No. I want more systems and content without adding more levels.
  • ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by Eluldor
    No, the game does not need more lvls. The game could definitely use more Skills via utilities/weapons and even allow more weapon choices to all the classes.

agree. This is exactly the way I feel about it.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

The game needs what Factions and Nightfall was for the first game: A new campaignworld, more skills, more content and a few new classes.

Adding more levels really doesnt make the game more fun, more skills and new cool armors together with more to do on the other hand is great.

Guildhalls and Guild Vs Guild PvP is also really needed.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Loke666

The game needs what Factions and Nightfall was for the first game: A new campaignworld, more skills, more content and a few new classes.

Adding more levels really doesnt make the game more fun, more skills and new cool armors together with more to do on the other hand is great.

That would still be character progression so the player base should like it.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Of course, you dont neccesarily need more levels to make players progress.

And I really wish they added skillcapping like in the first game, having a skill for each class to cap in every dungeonpath for example would add to my fun at least and encourage me to play every path.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Of course, you dont neccesarily need more levels to make players progress.

And I really wish they added skillcapping like in the first game, having a skill for each class to cap in every dungeonpath for example would add to my fun at least and encourage me to play every path.

They have other options as well.  AA systems is one way to go. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Purutzil

If one ignore:

- Traits;

- stat distribution via gear;

- consumables - 1 utility consumable and 1 food consumable;

- runes and other upgrades for armors, sigils and other upgrades for weapons.

If skills is all people consider when building their character, it is easy to understand the cries about GW2 dungeons.

About levels - they could get rid of them entirely for all I care or they can add more.

I've never had to get out of my way to level in GW2. In fact, for some reason, I always find myself 10 levels or more above my character personal story after personal story level 10.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Truthfully I rather more levels. But it's not needed to have progression or fun. I wish someone think outside of the box and make something new. Who said levels had to be the only way to progress.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by remyburke

NO

I want something to do when I hit cap. Something to work towards that will increase my character's powwaahh!!

Why exactly? Well, you can get marginal increases now with ascended items, but why this compulsion to "increase my character's powwahh!!"? As long as there's enough challenging content at max level I'm satisfied personally... there's something nice about reaching "max" stat potential then not having to worry about it anymore in my opinion. At that point it becomes more about how well you play your character as opposed to how well you have equipped your character. 

Oderint, dum metuant.