Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Coming to Playstation 3 and 4, Playable at PAX East

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In a surprise, but maybe expected announcement, it seems Blizzard is making their return to console gaming with Diablo 3. Due "when it's ready", Blizzard today announced that D3 will be coming to the Playstation 3 and the newly announced Playstation 4.  The former version will be playable at PAX East in March.

Players will be able to wage war against the Burning Hells on their own in single-player games as well as team up and destroy countless demons with their fellow Nephalem in multiplayer games. For multiplayer, players will have the option to choose between four-player online (complete with matchmaking) and four-player local co-op modes for their couch-based warfare.

I know that many we ultimately disappointed in D3, but this? This is some sweet news to me.  Looking forward to the PS3 and PS4 release of D3? Let us know!

Read more over at Battle.Net.

Check out the screens of the Playstation-ized UI below:

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Because everyone who played it on the PC loved it sooo much :D

Smile

• DoomcurseDoomcurse Member Posts: 9
    People still play this cash shop?
  • AlalalaAlalala Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Heads up to all PS users: Diablo III is mediocre at best.
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    auction house station 4
  • goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Despite absolutely hating this game on the PC, and having to force myself just to play through the first difficulty once, I think it might actually not suck as much in local co-op; not that I would ever buy it... as I doubt I'd even find 1 person to play with me lulz.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Yeah... I couldn't care less about this announcment today...

PS4, new exciting specs and game and... oh look an old tired game that's been played out that will be over two years old when it makes its way to the Ps3/4.

Great idea activision, no wonder your stock market prices aren't doing so hot.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I just hope they're still completely transparent about the whole "always online" thing for the console kiddies. they might rage even more than we did. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

So... perhaps this is why so many of those bad design choices happened in the PC version. Limited 4 player multiplayer and many other iffy design choices make a lot more sense if they are applied to a console, mostly due to the difficulty in being able to handle things like multiple people in the same game or having more advance configuration options like talent trees or skill runes which could be a bit more difficult to design in a game built on console. 

Still, its quite upsetting if this was thier intentions and its why so many horrible design choices were put in, even if it was just a couple of them being applied that caused it, its definently a terrible thing. Whether its to fit in the console or just poor design choice, either way its a lose/lose situation... I guess unless you wanted another brainless action RPG for the console to play, then you can win out and to be fair, polish wise the game can be nice to look at even if it becomes boring quickly.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Will the new Xbox also get D3?

Esidt: those pics are form the PS4? :

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    local co-op for pc too? >.> or at least LAN , im still angry about no lan /offline for D3
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

Blizzard make game for PS3.... end of blizzard we knew.

Well now we know why game looked so shitty.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Oh look: a whole new crowd for the auction house.

This "game" should just crash and burn for all I care. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Ah, so Diablo 3 was developed for the console then? No wonder it got over simplified.
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Precusor

Of course those pictures are "not" from the PS4... how should they be and What exactly should look better on the PS4?

D3 was so bad because of its game design, not because of its rather okay/good grafics. Please, open your mind.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by 4bsolute

Of course those pictures are "not" from the PS4... how should they be and What exactly should look better on the PS4?

D3 was so bad because of its game design, not because of its rather okay/good grafics. Please, open your mind.

Wow, way to be a prize jerk for absolutely no reason. You had a shitty day or summat? This guy only asked a couple questions and for some reaosn you heard.. "Those pics are definately from the PS4 and I hate D3 because of it's graphics". You bat crazy?

.. you also answered like you have any idea what you are talking about. You have no idea whether or not those are PS4 shots. It's unlikely but not impossible. Please, open your mind to the possibility of learning some social skills and until then please shhh your mouth.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • gondor2220gondor2220 Member Posts: 18
    People should just wait til torchlight 2 comes to consoles, much better.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by tachgb
    Ah, so Diablo 3 was developed for the console then? No wonder it got over simplified.

its a PC port

the original game was on the Playstation

http://i.imgur.com/7Q4m4lml.jpg

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Diablo III has improved 10x since release, just went back to playing a couple weeks ago and cant put it down, game is actually really fun now.

C

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

doubtful

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4011152/blizzard-and-sony-announce-strategic-partnership

"Many of you are probably wondering why an old-school PC game developer is crashing the Sony party tonight," said Blizzard's Chris Metzen on the Sony stage, explaining that the company now has a "strategic partnership" with Sony to "take over the world."

The company has a "deep desire to get back into the mix" of console gaming, and though the company's only announcing a port of Diablo III for today, it sounds like a clear hint that more Blizzard games will come to console in future.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    This is awesome!!! Cant wait for WoW to come to console as well. When that happens it's goodbye pc gaming. CAN'T WAIT !!!
  • uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Have to say from the D3 main post and like the 5thbreaponse thread saw this pic and loled. So sad I have on PC just to talk to wow friends and that's it. http://i.imgur.com/u9zsDBW.png
    Hehe so sad and oddly creepy
  • Omb1Omb1 Member Posts: 30
    I recently reinstalled the game because i thought it would be much better after all this time only to find out it's still stuttering for no reason which is a problem they said they'd fix since beta. I'm pretty pissed about it, it ruins the game. Other than that the game is pretty enjoyable, hopefully consoles won't have this stuttering, i bet they won't but it'll still stutter on PC. Right?
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

never seen so many gapers in one topic before.  

D3 is a great game.  It's not D2 great, but still pretty good.  Better than TL2 and PoE I can honestly say.   PoE's so called passive tree is a fraud and a joke.  TL2 gets very stale after running through it once and still they don't have the modding tool released.  D3 I at least went through with 4 chars, looks better than the others, plays smoother too. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I wonder if will be as ready as the PC version was.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

Cool idea, are they going to make it fun and replayable this time around? Are your decisions going to actually matter, or can you just completely change your class on the fly? Is there going to be the same filler content such as paragon levels? I'm very interested I just hope they make some key changes to make the game have more replayability. Is it going to have the same P2W AH system?

Looking forward to more info.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.