Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far Swtor got 1 of 2 major things that will bring me back to the game.

WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

1. Remove, move, edit, red eror text (So far no word)

2. Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks. (About f%$%ing time, took them a year but at least they are doing it)

If Swtor lets me remove red error text I will be resubbing, Nothing takes away from a game then to see your screen spamed with 10 lines of errror text, most games only have 1 line, Swtor thought it was a good idea to add 10 lines, this was such a problem for me I stoped playing, but everything else I read seems great so far.

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Of all the things to complain about in that game, and you chose those two?

You make me like charity

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by asmkm22

^This

It would be like not wanting to drive a car because the foot mat is the wrong color and it didnt come with a cup holder when the brakes dont work, the airbag deploys randomly, it needs an alinement, the muffler backfires and the tires keep falling off.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

Lol what can I say, I value immersion first and formost , then PvP as a tank type, everything else I was okey with, I knew content would come in time so that was never a problem with me, but feeling disconeccted from the game due to error spam was so game breaking for me, I hated it so much I did in fact unsub over it, even though I loved the game as a whole & Star Wars

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by Warjin

2. Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks. (About f%$%ing time, took them a year but at least they are doing it)

If Swtor lets me remove red error text I will be resubbing, Nothing takes away from a game then to see your screen spamed with 10 lines of errror text, most games only have 1 line, Swtor thought it was a good idea to add 10 lines, this was such a problem for me I stoped playing, but everything else I read seems great so far.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with you. Those two things really bug me too. Other things that would help:

1) more classes

2) A slight attempt to balance the broken classes in pvp (bubble sorc / smash jugg)

3) world pvp which they've done better lately with the Ilum changes

of course, now is about the time when everyone's flames about how bad the game is even though they haven't played it in a year. at least we don't have to hear how much better gw2 will be anymore.

Originally posted by jtcgs

^This

It would be like not wanting to drive a car because the foot mat is the wrong color and it didnt come with a cup holder when the brakes dont work, the airbag deploys randomly, it needs an alinement, the muffler backfires and the tires keep falling off.

It is BADDD in Swtor, so bad I have never seen it in any other MMO and I played many, it seems to be a bad coding error because the red error spam spamed 10 lines, no other game in the history of games gave you 10 lines that spamed you with crap like "To Far Away", " Spell Not Ready Yet" ect. I mean like really if you are to dumb to not see that you are to far away or that a spell isn't realy then you as a person should not be playing a MMO or any video game for that matter, this was more of a matter of feeling greifed by Bioware to me, I was blinded by error spam in PvP and as a melee class I couldn't even see my enemies health bar though all the spam, I felt I had no choice to stop playing over this.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

^This

It is BADDD in Swtor, so bad I have never seen it in any other MMO and I played many, it seems to be a bad coding error because the red error spam spamed 10 lines, no other game in the history of games gave you 10 lines that spamed you with crap like "To Far Away", " Spell Not Ready Yet" ect. I mean like really if you are to dumb to not see that you are to far away or that a spell isn't realy then you as a person should not be playing a MMO or any video game for that matter, this was more of a matter of feeling greifed by Bioware to me, I was blinded by error spam in PvP and as a melee class I couldn't even see my enemies health bar though all the spam, I felt I had no choice to stop playing over this.

I'm a little baffled as well because I've never experienced this in game. I'd see an error message of too far away, but the only way that repeats is if I continue to mash the button. And if you saw an error message in game that said "Too far away" and you kept trying to do it over and over without getting closer then I don't know what to tell you. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

^This

This had me rolling!!!!

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

^This

My thoughts exactly.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

^This

Hilarious, thanks for the morning laugh.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

^This

Lol, good one, I see your point, "But" one could say it's like driving a car with a shattered window or a sun shade blocking your view, I agree Swtor has problems but those problems to me are not game breaking, not being able to see the screen is.

Originally posted by ktanner3

^This

I'm a little baffled as well because I've never experienced this in game. I'd see an error message of too far away, but the only way that repeats is if I continue to mash the button. And if you saw an error message in game that said "Too far away" and you kept trying to do it over and over without getting closer then I don't know what to tell you. 

It happens most with classes with positional requirements, among other cases if you are a button masher like I am, and in this game you kind of have to be seeing as there is no auto attack.

It's simple really Bioware just needs to let us move, resize or disable error text in our UI editor, I even tryed to disable it in the Swtor files but couldn't because I didn't have the right program to open it.

Bioware tends to let simple easy fixes pass, another example is the Trooper & Bounty Hunter's standard shot, this is ability is buged and has been sence beta, the bug is that standard shot will not auto select an enemy if you have that option checked in your menu, the error message will say "Invalid Target" is almost like they forgot to add one simple line in there coding for this shot that enables attack, there are many things I and many could fix if Bioware just let us edit some files like most open end MMO's, to me this make the game feel cheap.

Bioware also forgot to add screen resolution for 1440x900 to the game, I had to go back stage and edit a file to 1440x900 so the game would run, if not the game will just be a black screen, It's simple no brain things like that, and makes old school gamers like myself pick up on and get fed up with MMO games today.

This is the "100%" reason World of Warcraft remains number 1, and it's because they fix and polish the game asap, say what you want about WoW but one thing you can not say is that the game lacks polish, the thing that f%&#'s me up is every MMO game tries to copy WoW but fails to copy the most important thing of all and that's Blizzard attention to detail & polishing.

• dwarfusdwarfus Member UncommonPosts: 93

So I know I said I agreed with you, but where do you see that they change shield generators? I can't find it in any patch notes. Can you link it?

Originally posted by dwarfus

So I know I said I agreed with you, but where do you see that they change shield generators? I can't find it in any patch notes. Can you link it?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600569

Half way down under Items.

Items (Items and Economy) 

General
    • Personal shield generators are now effective against all attacks that deal Energy and Kinetic Damage, rather than just direct weapon attacks.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380

^This

You owe me a new keyboard.  Mt Dew is awfully hard to clean out from in between the keys.