Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Announcement Video Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bungie has released the official announcement video for its upcoming MMOFPS, Destiny. Destiny is currently in development for both Playstation 3 and Playstation 4, both versions to launch simultaneously.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Pretndr01Pretndr01 Member Posts: 8
    Ugh... how lame an MMOFPS not for the PC. imo, cant be an mmo without a PC launch.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by Pretndr01
    Ugh... how lame an MMOFPS not for the PC. imo, cant be an mmo without a PC launch.

ya cause PC mmos have really lived up to the hype.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    I like that you get your own spaceship and ground vehicle. I also like the jump in and out gameplay for quick sessions.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

They said they were still considering for the PC.

Way to jump the gun Pretndr01

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185

I have always liked Bungie because they are good at giving fans what they want. I am not a fan of the Halo gameplay beyond a game every so often with a friend, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what they do like I do with CCP.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 and have no plans to get a PS4. I like it from a distance though.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by MaxJac

I have always liked Bungie because they are good at giving fans what they want. I am not a fan of the Halo gameplay beyond a game every so often with a friend, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what they do like I do with CCP.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS3 and have no plans to get a PS4. I like it from a distance though.

Well its coming out on Xbox and probably the next gen Microsoft system as well.

They also said "We would like to bring it to PC"

So I mean...

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    No PC No Buy...simple as that.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Well I'll be. First Xbox exclusive, now Playstation exclusive. I'm starting to think bungie should fuck off.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Consoles are dead.  I won't buy another one.  I always end up coming back and playing on my PC, with no time to play on my consoles lol.
  • LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by ichihaifu
    Well I'll be. First Xbox exclusive, now Playstation exclusive. I'm starting to think bungie should fuck off.

HAHAHAHA I know right? How can a game this huge not be on PC? I like Bungie too but they will make a big mistake if its not for other platforms eg PC,Wii U

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

I'll cut you some slack because you're probably a child, and possibly not even born at the time, but Bungie got started making games for the Mac. Their Marathon series is what led to Halo (MANY of the themes in Halo are ripped off from Marathon), and was Mac exclusive. They don't have any loyalty to any one platform, and that's how it SHOULD be.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Y'all just jelly that it's not for pc.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by Pretndr01

ya cause PC mmos have really lived up to the hype.

LoL so true..

• ShadinShadin Member CommonPosts: 294

I can't help to feel that making it PS4 exclusive will alienate a lot of the market. People that can't afford PS4, people that don't want to play console (or shooters on console) and so on.. If they make it PS4 exclusive, it has to be because Sony paid them a huge amount to do it. An amount that would be larger than the potential PC profits.

Bloody typical...

Activsion is publishing the game so expect the PC to get Destiny.

"We would absolutely love to be on the PC." Said Bungie COO Pete Parsons. "If you talk to the people upstairs, we play it on all platforms. So, stay tuned.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122226-Bungie-Pre-Order-Page-Hints-at-Destiny-on-Wii-U-PC-and-Vita

• RossbossRossboss Member Posts: 240

Is anyone else scared by the fact that the game is in pre-order and yet no information about the game's features have been released? There is also no release date that has been announced.

There is more hype about this game than there is factual information that has been released by Bungie. I'm going to sit back and watch how this game does. I don't own a PS3/4 and don't plan on buying one. I'll stick with my Borderlands.

I played WoW up until WotLK, played RoM for 2 years and now Rift.
    I am F2P player. I support games when I feel they deserve my money and I want the items enough.
    I don't troll, and I don't take kindly to trolls.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,957

This news is messed up, as on their own pre-order site you can pre-order for both XBOX360 as PS3.

Now...Will destiny be a real mmofps and not something like Dust514?
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Damn, I thought they were working on a new Marathon? Oh well, looks interesting.
  • GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493
    I just hope they design a better  controller for PS4 because PS3 controllers for FPS blows ass.

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well fps games suck on consoles and what i have seen of console MMORPGs they suck as well haha..

Anyway i shall not be buying a ps4 so it dont matter either way.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'm liking this move to persistent world shooters.. one day, someone is going to get it really right. Firefall and Defiance have failed to impress me. This looks promising.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Si-fi guildwars 2?
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by ironhelix

I'll cut you some slack because you're probably a child, and possibly not even born at the time, but Bungie got started making games for the Mac. Their Marathon series is what led to Halo (MANY of the themes in Halo are ripped off from Marathon), and was Mac exclusive. They don't have any loyalty to any one platform, and that's how it SHOULD be.

Yeah much better to only have loyalty towards the HW giant that pays you the most fot exclusivity, right?

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Very interesting.