Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 will be released on the PS4

KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Source: Sony's PS4 conference.

Will have split screen co-op. Thoughts?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Will be on GOG by the time the PS4 comes around.

I had a lot of fun with D1 on the PS1 back in the day. Co-op was a pain but also a lot of fun at the same time. Could be a good couch buddies game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    I thought they were going to announce titan, but it was only d3. lol
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i might buy it for ps4 just because it can be played with a gamepad. Cant stand isometric pc games with only mouse.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

I hear patches are making the game better but I can't get excited about it.  I beat it, enjoyed the story some, but never really felt thrilled to play.  It felt like a simple game dumbed down to the point of being mindless.  I was a monk and seldom did I even bother to use more than one or two of my skills.

So yea, I think it will be great on consoles.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

I think the bigger announcement is that Blizzard will be console exclusive to PS4.

Is Diablo 3 just the first title Blizzard brings to PS4? Whats next?

Titan - PC, Mac, PS4?

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Nadia

that is news -- so much for xbox and blizzard

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4011152/blizzard-and-sony-announce-strategic-partnership

Got to admit I am surprised.

I am PC first but there is a blue ray player (PS3) sitting in the lounge collecting dust except on movie nights. Mag, Gran Turismo 5, Armored Core 5 and Guitar Hero's are the only games that ever saw some real playtime on the machine and it has felt like a disappointing buy on more than one occasion.

News like this makes me hope their gaming directors are finally getting some sense in their skulls. Better be. With Steambox and ouya and Xbox all jumping in the ring any console has to lift its games to compete.

Of course Ill be on my PC with my Oculus oblivious to the oncoming groundwar...but I will listen to the airwaves with tangential interest in the outcome.

• darkbalthdarkbalth Member UncommonPosts: 53
    This announcement made me not want to play anymore.  They are spending time trying to reach more ppl on the ps4 instead of giving us the pvp they promised on the pc version.  this shows they are after money and care about nothing else.
  • ace80kace80k Member UncommonPosts: 151

"Blizzard and Sony have entered into a strategic partnership, through which we will take over the world."

Interesting quote from Blizzard Senior VP Chris Metzen regarding Blizzard's intention of releasing D3 on the PS4. Full article can be found here http://massively.joystiq.com/. D3 on the PS4 obviously won't be enough to "take over the world", but Titan? WoW? SC2? Who knows what else is planned. Either way, Blizzard will be extending it's games to a MUCH larger crowd of people. Given it's success solely on the PC, thus far, you have to wonder what sort of influence Blizzard will have with the added platform and revenue generated from it..

• LongLivePvPLongLivePvP Member Posts: 102

I would consider playing this again if it had PvP like D2 did but noooope. 

They are just catering to the casuals again because it makes MONEY! So that is the trend from here on out folks.

Just get used to it, we wont have the old school feel to games anymore.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars & ArcheAge(Alpha)
    Backed: Shards Online, Camelot Unchained
    Loved: Vanilla WoW,UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by darkbalth
    This announcement made me not want to play anymore.  They are spending time trying to reach more ppl on the ps4 instead of giving us the pvp they promised on the pc version.  this shows they are after money and care about nothing else.

I remember back before D3 launched they had job postings for a Diablo project on consoles or something like that. I think yu can be assured the same people who are responsible for adding PvP are not the same ones working on porting the game over.

Why do people always think theres just a number of devs and they are all interchangable? The guy who does server coding isn't going to be working on class balance etc.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Wasn't this known from a PAX back in 2011?
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

Points to look out for:

1. Dodging added (looks PvP coming in)

2. Play with 3 other RL friends on the couch while screen will zoom in and zoom out to play together on one screen.

3. No click and run but analog stick movement

4. New interface (no more 2 balls) and new inventory tools.

Looks like an automn release to me. If PvP gets going, count me in. Playable as of March on shows.

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    it would be funny if they realease a diferent version,with PVP on, so they could sell the same game twice...
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by TsaboHavoc
    it would be funny if they realease a diferent version,with PVP on, so they could sell the same game twice...

With the underhanded tactics we have seen out of them the past few years, It would not surprise me. I just hope they fix the glaring problems with the original PC version and I'll be happy.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Popori

I hear patches are making the game better but I can't get excited about it.  I beat it, enjoyed the story some, but never really felt thrilled to play.  It felt like a simple game dumbed down to the point of being mindless.  I was a monk and seldom did I even bother to use more than one or two of my skills.

So yea, I think it will be great on consoles.

No one ever played a Diablo game for the complext combat or storytelling.  It's just a loot treadmill that hooks people with basic gambling qualities (Just one more kill!  Maybe he'll drop something great).  The fact that you played through it once probably means you got your money's worth.

You make me like charity

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by moosecatlol
    Wasn't this known from a PAX back in 2011?

last I heard, Blizzard was getting cozy w Xbox

http://www.shacknews.com/article/57867/blizzard-and-microsoft-in-xbox

Blizzard wanting to expand to consoles isnt news -- but choosing PS3/4 is news

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

FINALLY...

Diablo HAS COME BACK...!

To Playstation!!!

Okay, I just had to get that out..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by LongLivePvP

I would consider playing this again if it had PvP like D2 did but noooope. 

They are just catering to the casuals again because it makes MONEY! So that is the trend from here on out folks.

Just get used to it, we wont have the old school feel to games anymore.

"Just get used to it, we wont have the old school feel to games anymore."

Ya except for games like P.O.E., or any of the growing number of Indy developers flocking to Steam Greenlight, the countless Kickstarter Projects that are dancing so nicely around the big studios,  or Star Citizen... I could go on, but I think I proved how wrong you are quite nicely.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

how do you know this? or are you just jumping to conclusions?

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by baphamet

how do you know this? or are you just jumping to conclusions?

He doesnt.  Its the new trend over at the d3 forums, the new thing people can grasp on to and rage about.  Its really quite silly.

The games going to include a much larger market segment of players, this is a good thing.

Now if blizzard was a 10man show...yeah i would raise a lot of questions about at what expense to bring this to ps4.  I think blizzard has spare people to develop D3 and get the ps4 version ready.

Also im not sure about the caring only about money thing (its a business so its really the main objective of the company and all companies btw) however the games come a long way in terms of improving since launch.  Most of the hardcore d2 fanatic complaints are about removing systems that make the game better, so i think that explains why they havent removed the AH ect.  I wouldnt expect a new content expansion for a while, on par with D2 (which wasnt very good untill its expansion btw)

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Be fun if they allow controller play on the PC version/
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I like it.

I hope they linked the AH and RMAH so now i have a larger market to sell to.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

He doesnt.  Its the new trend over at the d3 forums, the new thing people can grasp on to and rage about.  Its really quite silly.

Now if blizzard was a 10man show...yeah i would raise a lot of questions about at what expense to bring this to ps4.  I think blizzard has spare people to develop D3 and get the ps4 version ready.

Dunno, accepting that they have no people to add a space between zeroes (and fix other issues which go back as launch) and then saying they have plenty people to do the ps version sound quite silly to me, too :)

Flame on!

:)

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Banaghran
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Dunno, accepting that they have no people to add a space between zeroes (and fix other issues which go back as launch) and then saying they have plenty people to do the ps version sound quite silly to me, too :)

Flame on!

:)

You don't think converting to a new platform, with a console base UI, takes the SAME kind of people as those who work on gameplay design, and mechanics, right?