Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: So We Are 80 What Now? Where do we go from here?

SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

What do we do now Video Diary

Well it’s been 6 months and most of us are level 80 now. So most people are saying at this point what now? Well I consider myself a good player who doesn’t have the time to do everything. That pretty much sums up a lot of people. You have the try hard and the truly gifted players who do manage it all. But everyone is faced with this question in this game once you hit 80. How you go about coming up with an answer to that is on you.

Well when I got to 80 I didn’t ask what now. I simply looked around the game subconsciously looking for a big baddie to kill. That led me to Zhaitan which sigh wasn’t the big baddy I expected. So I said ok how about world bosses. That led me to every zone looking for Meta events. Knowing this game doesn’t have traditional end game. It actually made it a challenge figuring out just what would be my end game. In a way, that made the game a little more engaging to figure it out. But I’m sure that would infuriate some gamers used to tradition.

Well I can’t offer you traditional information on it. I can offer you a bucket list so to speak. This isn’t everything or an end all. Just a little to get you started. So you're thinking about it while proceeding with what to do.

1. Get rich because it makes things easier on you next expansion/game  cycle. How you go about this is all up to you.

2. Fractals get’em done yea I know half the population just rolled its eyes. I feel I’m dragging my feet on it as well. But as far as traditional endgame this is one faucet of it in the game.

3. Do as many achievements as you can. While some people scoff at this too. A sense of vindication and pinnacle doesn’t hurt anyone.

4. Complete all 33 Story mode paths. Now with this if you’re not in a large guild it may prove daunting to do it. But with the LFG website it can be done with patience.

5. Find all Meta events and complete them in the world. I am not sure if they all offer achievements. But finding and taking part in them is a welcome diversion from fractals or Legendary grinding.

6. Craft a Legendary! Speaking of the big bad sparkly goal. Why not try it I made a guide on it and since that time. It’s actually fairly easy to make one now. I have passively worked my way towards it. Just need the precursor now finish my map and a trade skill.

7. Max Map completion and Trade skills. You need both for your legendary should you choose to do so. Both are beneficial because 100% map completion can net you a lot of cash shop items and exotics free. Maxing your trade skills is a nice boost to your funds. You want a set of gear simply make it for yourself. Or on the flip side of that sell gear to someone on the market.

8. Level up your Guild. Well you can’t do this alone of course.  But you can work towards it with others in your guild. Or if you’re not in a guild perhaps you can work on getting into one.

9. Guild Quest Future Adventures Coming. In a few days we will have guild quests introduced. Although I don’t have all the information on this it’s a welcome addition to things to do at 80.

10. Living Story get out there take part. Even though you can’t do much at the moment with Living Story it will be an immersive part of the game. You can however right now work on achievements for it. And get a nice karma item for taking part. You can also track world changes as it evolves for more immersion.

11. sPVP/WVW don’t run from it embrace it. Again I know I made people roll eyes but hear me out. You buy a game to try all parts of it right. Both aspects of pvp in this game are actually entertaining. Give them both a fair shot each are rewarding in their own ways. Spvp you can learn how to be a better player through experience and fair competition. Everyone has the same gear same sides so it’s all up to you to win. Now WVW although people have different gear and power. Skill does actually shine through most cases. But beware of the zergs they are out there and will eat you lol.

12. Show your style and flare. What I mean by this is have your own distinct look. I managed to do that I haven’t seen a clone of myself yet period. Challenge yourself to be like that make others are like damn I want to look awesome like him. Throwing any old gear together is easy. And throwing set pieces together is easy as well. But can you make something unique? That’s the challenge there food for thought.

I’ll end it here because I can go on and on. I don’t like to drown people in info just keep it real. I did however a slightly longer list in the video did. But I am aware people don’t always like watching vids. So I always type it out as well so you have options and everybody likes options. To end this go through the list. Look at your character side by side with it for a clear idea. For the days you’re standing in Lion’s Arche or where ever you hang. Or quite simply if your struggling to find a reason to log on. See if any of this peaks your interest gets the blood flowing. Or let me know if you do other things you feel are really important that I left out. As I said this isn’t an end all but what may be important for me may not be for you. 

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Sorry for the wall of text I tried to make it as spread as I could
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    was an easy read:) there is a ton to do especially for someone like me that plays several alts at the same time.. i honestly don't think ill ever keep up with the content heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

We wait for the Software Agile Model.  Welcome to software!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Agile_Software_Development_methodology.svg

??? What is that observer did you post by mistake? Or is that something I'm not aware of.
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171

Are you going to use that Thief you showed in the other video? Maybe change things up that can help with boredom.

Side note what is observer talking about?

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Haha. Sorry.  It was my poor attempt at humor mixed with sarcasm for content-locusts.

Anyway..

9. Guild Quest Future Adventures Coming. In a few days we will have guild quests introduced. Although I don’t have all the information on this it’s a welcome addition to things to do at 80.

This looks very promising and adds more content for those of us at 80 already.  Just several more days for the big update. :)

It's all good I'm never mad at a joke. People are far too serious and uptight nowadays.
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    It's all good I'm never mad at a joke. People are far too serious and uptight nowadays.

seems about right people can't find a game they enjoy or enjoy talking about so they just cry and whine all the time on forums... will have guild quests to add to your list soon. Don't think ill ever catch up to the content added.. i'm not one to play a single game exclusively and I don't play any single game for  5-8 hours a day so for me just at launch gw2 had about enough content to last me about a year+ heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Silentstorm

seems about right people can't find a game they enjoy or enjoy talking about so they just cry and whine all the time on forums... will have guild quests to add to your list soon. Don't think ill ever catch up to the content added.. i'm not one to play a single game exclusively and I don't play any single game for  5-8 hours a day so for me just at launch gw2 had about enough content to last me about a year+ heh

For fear of riling the GW2 regulars, a different mmo.  A change is as good as a holiday.  Wait for more content.  

You have people who like the game. You have people who dislike it who sit in the forum just to troll. You have people who are trolls regardless of if the game is good or bad. You have people who like the game who fan boy and can't be reasoned with. And you have people who just read and never comment because that's easier then drama.

Pretty much that's the community everywhere some more potent on evil. I know we have alot of whiners but believe it or not its not as bad as the actual games forums. The mods themselves are trolls never mind the actual people there.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail
    Look, the issue is simple. Where is the video for Everquest, or WoW, or SWTOR, or nearly any other MMO that describes for the player what to do when they are max level? It likely does not exist and the reason is simple. Its obvious what to do in these games because there? is content. In GW2 you have to make a video like this because people realize there is no content, and so you desperately try to make it appear as if there is. GW2 is a dead end game because of the piss poor game design of anet.

Yes, creating end game content for the vast minority of the population (aka raiding) is a fine design, right? Raid or die is just as bad as having no endgame, because for a large amount of the population who don't raid, there isn't endgame for them either.

I liken GW2 to be more like my Asheron's Call experience. You can go where you will and do what you will, and your experience is pretty much up to you. There isn't a defined endgame, but there are endgame elements there for you to complete. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but for many, it's a step up from the usual offerings.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I think currently the easiest answer would be: get Ascended gear and work with your guild on guild missions. Imo Anet is nicely improving end game goals. We had Legendaries from the start but they take ridicoulous amount of time to get. So all this ascended gear and different ways to get it are filling my personal progression needs at lvl 80.
  • emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Just keep doing what you were doing for fun before you reached 80. The level cap isn't some magical number that changes the game.
  • DresbainDresbain Member UncommonPosts: 40

If you're lvl 80 and bored all to hell try leveling an alt. Knowing the abilities of other classes will help you immesely in PvP and I'm sure it will help in PvE. Alts are a nice change a pace and if you get bored you can always switch back to your main to rep the spoils of the new information you have learned or to play new content the devs throw at us.

TL;DR - Lots to do in this game, don't focus on one class!

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

Originally posted by Hollywood78

If you're lvl 80 and bored all to hell try leveling an alt. Knowing the abilities of other classes will help you immesely in PvP and I'm sure it will help in PvE. Alts are a nice change a pace and if you get bored you can always switch back to your main to rep the spoils of the new information you have learned or to play new content the devs throw at us.

TL;DR - Lots to do in this game, don't focus on one class!

Agreed game is one of the most alt friendly games in recent memory imho.. so many ways to level and so much to see makes alt leveling very enjoyable in this game for me

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

I am enjoying lvling various alts, pursuing maxxing a craft, doing content I skipped over with my main. Biggest challenge is perfecting my Mesmer play style, trying different weapon combos on him and practicing them. I have my Ele and Guard where I want them and stil lvling the mesmer, ranger and theif. Still I made a Warrior yesterday just for the heck of it and lvled him to 12 last night and today.

I have a lot of places I have not seen and things I have not done yet and only barely scratched the surface in the PvP.  I have definitly gotten my moneys worth from the game with plenty left to do. I did manage to burn myself out for a month or so but I was playing 40 hours plus a week for the first couple of months and needed a break for a few weeks.

I miss DAoC

@Kaneth so because a game doesn't focus on raiding in your eyes it's automatically piss poor? If you think that stop playing MMO's like forever. They said from the very start the aim was to be different. I don't see why people act shocked the game is well (Different) It's like you ignored the 3-4 years of them saying it won't be traditional and they are trying for horizontal. But keep everyone happy at the sametime. That's not easy and it takes time.
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

True there are several things you can do when you hit 80 like OP has stated, personlly I loath raiding I find that system obselete at best atleast the old mechanic, you raid,raid,raid til you get all the purple pixles that will be obselete anyway when the next expantion comes and the cycle starts all over again.

What I want for endgame is more fluff really like

Housing and gardening

Build a boat that is usefull

Collect collectibles for housing and personal use

More civilian clothing that means a wardrobe

Hunt for rare recipes

Fishing

Hunting

These guild missions is a good start IMO it brings guilds together and It's a viable options for endgame.

Just a few thoughts about this matter.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• mistersalty1mistersalty1 Member Posts: 26
    you dont do anything. you hit 80 and say yeah i did it. then you realize thats it. they got my 60 bux.....not falling for the hype again.