Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about returning

crazzyjakecrazzyjake Member Posts: 19
So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play? Or was there ever a total wipe or anyhting like that for characters that haven't been played for a few years? Thanks for any info you guys can provide. Looking forward to seeing whats changed in game in the past 5 years or so.

Comments

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598
    They are still there
  • MightyChasmMightyChasm Member Posts: 298
    Anyone know what the problem with the cash shop is?  Its been down for days, and it's pointless starting unless I can buy the class I want.  I am getting very close to uninstalling the game if the bloody thing isn't back online soon.  
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by crazzyjake
    So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play?

old characters were grandfathered and do not have class/race restrictions

http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/08/returning-players-grandfathered-characters/

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by crazzyjake
    So I am thinking about returning, played for a few years back when it was pay to play. I just have a question now that its gone free to play. I had a lev 50+ character I'd like to keep playing but am I going to be able to access past characters now that its gone free to play?

old characters were grandfathered and do not have class/race restrictions

http://eq2wire.com/2011/12/08/returning-players-grandfathered-characters/

But they do seem to have item restrictions.  Checking out my characters all of them are wearing unusable armor that needs to be "unlocked" or replaced with lower tier gear.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by craftseeker

But they do seem to have item restrictions.  Checking out my characters all of them are wearing unusable armor that needs to be "unlocked" or replaced with lower tier gear.

yes thats true

supposedly theres an npc in qeynos/freeport to swap your locked gear to useable gear but ive never seeked it out

EQ2 at level 85+, its best played as a sub game

under 85, ive leveled/grouped w no problems with no legendary/fabled gear

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by craftseeker

yes thats true

supposedly theres an npc in qeynos/freeport to swap your locked gear to useable gear but ive never seeked it out

EQ2 at level 85+, its best played as a sub game

under 85, ive leveled/grouped w no problems with no legendary/fabled gear

Yes definately need either a lot of item unlocks and spell unlocks or be sub at higher levels. Also lack of bag/bank slots will be annoying. I could have never made it to 85 like that. 40 or 50 maybe.

But yes the great thing about the old account which I also used to return to the game.I could play them all. Just without gear.

I never found anywhere to swap equipment though. But like Nadia, I never looked.