Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What I wish the map was

cwliiascwliias Member UncommonPosts: 31

This is what i wish the map was... The grey lines indicating where pvp/pve zones are

Comments

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Originally posted by cwliias

This is what i wish the map was... The grey lines indicating where pvp/pve zones are

Anyone can wish anything but what is your reasoning behind it and how does it improve upon the current map?  Right now its just some random map with a legend.  

• cwliiascwliias Member UncommonPosts: 31

Thats fine that you dont understand how the intuitively look at things... Clearly I am stating That i would like a larger openworld pve/pvp area... I know its hard when you're stuck in the 2nd grade but I'll forgive you.

The Plan From Zenimax is to only have Cyrodiil as a PVP zone. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Can we have different server rulesets with the mega server?  (I dont know much of the mega server yet)

If we cannot, the pve'ers will not accept such a map.  Without the pve'ers (~ 60% of the population), the game will not succeed.

If there were such a thing as a pvp server, your map looks great and I think it would be really fun.

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Personally, I'm sick and tired of games getting more and more PvP orientated.  Soon you will see the PvP's whine that "Hello Kitty Online" does not have any PvP content.

If they must have PvP in a game then I think they are making a good decision by having it isolated in one area that people can go to and kill each other to their hearts content if they so desire.  However, in a world like ESO, I would have liked to have seen the PvP area not so huge so that the PvE areas could have been expanded upon.

To me, ESO should be more about exploring, seeing what is around the next corner, discovering the hidden wonders and history of the new land we have come to explore; rather than logging in on day one and wondering how do I get to the PvP area without having to even look at the newbie areas.

To each his own I guess.

Ratero.

• cwliiascwliias Member UncommonPosts: 31
    understood, i just dont like though if you want to explore you cannot leave your factions main map.... I think thats dumbas hell
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Thats fine that you dont understand how the intuitively look at things... Clearly I am stating That i would like a larger openworld pve/pvp area... I know its hard when you're stuck in the 2nd grade but I'll forgive you.

So that's how the intuitively looks at things...I had always wondered.

Umm... nahh... I'll go with the professional developer's idea over that of some condescending amateur fan...at least until there's actually something to play.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    understood, i just dont like though if you want to explore you cannot leave your factions main map.... I think thats dumbas hell

I totally agree with you here. 

I would have loved it if all three factions could explore the entire game no matter where they started out from.  Granted, the NPC's that are not aligned with the player may at first light not be totally friendly with the player but the player could have an opportunity to increase their personal faction with the NPC's in the other faction areas.  This would give players who wish to explore the entire world with a single character more incentive to put in the necessary leg work to build up their factions which in turn would eventually open up more content based upon their current faction standing.  Overall it would enhance the players appreciation for the game and would give them more incentive to log back in.

But they will never do that...

Ratero.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

I wish it was more open world with 3 upstart Factions, that werent tied to Racial Nations, warring over dominion and control of Cyrodiil

Would fit TES style much better and still keep the RvRvR

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

great, so you think you're a developer, how about you take you attitude some where else.  Fyi its people like me who hire grunts like you.  Next time you think of insulting people on the forums you might want to think twice because some of us on here actually work in the game industry.  If you were working for me at my company you would be fired already we don't allow destructive crisitism or personal attacks.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Sorry, but I lol'd pretty hard at the fact that the dude who drew that map called someone else a 2nd grader.