Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Why is there no hype?

2

Comments

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Shrilly

    And when I ask this question i am referrign to BLESS and EIN by NEOWIZ games. If you ever had the chance to see the trailers or the gameplay or storyline of either you probubly already asked yourself this question. This looks like a real final fantasy done right here the graphics are amazing and uses an unreal 3 engine and has been in development since 2009 with 150 world-renowned game developers and designers who put it all together sure it isnt in english yet but check it out if you havent already!

    http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/Bless/

     What is your relationship with this company?  Do you get compensated for posting this?  By law, you have to tell us if you are.

    ...a quick background check of my 100th of posts would go to the belief i dont work for this company? if you are going to play lawyer act like a good one at least. And the graphics are awsome best i have seen in a mmo. I have been playing mmos since runescapes release and WoW vanilla i know i am just a young one to vets but still I think I get some recognition that it has potential and there is nothign in the media or community to show for it.

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Shrilly

    And when I ask this question i am referrign to BLESS and EIN by NEOWIZ games. If you ever had the chance to see the trailers or the gameplay or storyline of either you probubly already asked yourself this question. This looks like a real final fantasy done right here the graphics are amazing and uses an unreal 3 engine and has been in development since 2009 with 150 world-renowned game developers and designers who put it all together sure it isnt in english yet but check it out if you havent already!

    http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/Bless/

     What is your relationship with this company?  Do you get compensated for posting this?  By law, you have to tell us if you are.

    ...a quick background check of my 100rth of posts would go to the belief i dont work for this company? if you are going to play lawyer act like a good one at least. And the graphics are awsome best i have seen in a mmo. I have been playing mmos since runescapes release and WoW vanilla i know i am just a young one to vets but still I think I get some recognition that it has potential and there is nothign in the media or community for it.

    human mind simplifies information.

     

    a month into the game you no longer see graphics. only stick figures and green/red lights. head = 1 shot. shoulders/torso = 2 shots. legs/arms =  3 shots.

     

    graphics while the most expensive have the least contribution to a game's longevity.

     

    Did you ever admire the beautiful constelation surrounding you while your mining barge is attacked by pirates ? or did you calculate that you should begin alligning as you recall your drones and you should be at warp speed by the time they're in the drone bay ?

    image

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Shrilly

    And when I ask this question i am referrign to BLESS and EIN by NEOWIZ games. If you ever had the chance to see the trailers or the gameplay or storyline of either you probubly already asked yourself this question. This looks like a real final fantasy done right here the graphics are amazing and uses an unreal 3 engine and has been in development since 2009 with 150 world-renowned game developers and designers who put it all together sure it isnt in english yet but check it out if you havent already!

    http://www.neowizgames.com/gstar2012/Bless/

     What is your relationship with this company?  Do you get compensated for posting this?  By law, you have to tell us if you are.

    ...a quick background check of my 100rth of posts would go to the belief i dont work for this company? if you are going to play lawyer act like a good one at least. And the graphics are awsome best i have seen in a mmo. I have been playing mmos since runescapes release and WoW vanilla i know i am just a young one to vets but still I think I get some recognition that it has potential and there is nothign in the media or community for it.

    human mind simplifies information.

     

    a month into the game you no longer see graphics. only stick figures and green/red lights. head = 1 shot. shoulders/torso = 2 shots. legs/arms =  3 shots.

     

    graphics while the most expensive have the least contribution to a game's longevity.

     

    Did you ever admire the beautiful constelation surrounding you while your mining barge is attacked by pirates ? or did you calculate that you should begin alligning as you recall your drones and you should be at warp speed by the time they're in the drone bay ?

    Well I think it engaged the player in combat quite nicesly where he rushed in with shield but sure people are going to point out it is a WoW clone with great graphics to me until virtual reality is here (like .hack// stuff or IDentity) your always going to use your fingers to attack and you are always going to engage with fingers and macros so the layout may differ like the next step takign gw2's ui and putting left hand on the left side of the screen and right hand on the right if you were expectign more prepare for a let down. It has great story to me (EIN) and to the more mmo type (BLESS) where there is less of a story.

    And if this wasnt convincing enough it has mounted combat...yes mounted combat read about it a little.

  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 new york, ILPosts: 386Member

    I dunno, i dont mind a mmorpg that does a good job with storytelling.  MMORPGs dont have the be a certain way for me to like them, just of good quality.

    Hell i played SWTOR just for the story, and its unique setting / worlds.  Enjoyed every minuet of it up untill my 3rd or 4th character.  Didnt get all raged out and emotional like 99% of the community when endgame sucked.  I got my two months of play and they got their money for it, end of story (literally lol)

    As far as the same old mechanics go.  Yeah these games look like they offer nothing but a graphical update on the standard issue mechanics.

     

    I dissagree with whoever said ArcheAge is going to be unique.  Crop growing, farmville style, and house building only go so far.  The game has an on-rails linear questhub mechanics to it...its no sandbox, adn the combat is standard issue.  Ill play for the pirate/law/clan meta game...if its done well it will hold me a while.

     

    Theres several publishers, and game portal publisher, that seem to host the most no-hype game that ofen recieve little to no interest from anyone really...these game seem like those type.  Cash grab f2p game i call them.  Yeah awesome graphics, some kid comes along and says base on graphics alone, the game will kill wow or something along that line...game launches with zero fanfare, and two years later it shuts down and no one notices.  Betweeen then and now a few hundred people plopped a few hundred dollars into it.  Enough to reskin the engine into the next one.

     

    Hype is a bad thing too...if you havent noticed....people are irrational with mmorpgs.  Overhype, expectations that cant be met...followed by permanant hate and bad word of mouth.  Theres a lot of decent and good games out there suffering fromt he stigma of the irrational and overly emotional crowd that bites hookline and sinker into the hype machine.  These guys eat right out the palm of marketing directors...every single time too...its hilarious and sad.

     

     

    A good game will grow on its own with no hype.  There are few good games like this...however a lot of decent but not spectacular games that took the overhype method, and will never recover from it and grow.

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

    I dunno, i dont mind a mmorpg that does a good job with storytelling.  MMORPGs dont have the be a certain way for me to like them, just of good quality.

    Hell i played SWTOR just for the story, and its unique setting / worlds.  Enjoyed every minuet of it up untill my 3rd or 4th character.  Didnt get all raged out and emotional like 99% of the community when endgame sucked.  I got my two months of play and they got their money for it, end of story (literally lol)

    As far as the same old mechanics go.  Yeah these games look like they offer nothing but a graphical update on the standard issue mechanics.

     

    I dissagree with whoever said ArcheAge is going to be unique.  Crop growing, farmville style, and house building only go so far.  The game has an on-rails linear questhub mechanics to it...its no sandbox, adn the combat is standard issue.  Ill play for the pirate/law/clan meta game...if its done well it will hold me a while.

     

    Theres several publishers, and game portal publisher, that seem to host the most no-hype game that ofen recieve little to no interest from anyone really...these game seem like those type.  Cash grab f2p game i call them.  Yeah awesome graphics, some kid comes along and says base on graphics alone, the game will kill wow or something along that line...game launches with zero fanfare, and two years later it shuts down and no one notices.  Betweeen then and now a few hundred people plopped a few hundred dollars into it.  Enough to reskin the engine into the next one.

     

    Hype is a bad thing too...if you havent noticed....people are irrational with mmorpgs.  Overhype, expectations that cant be met...followed by permanant hate and bad word of mouth.  Theres a lot of decent and good games out there suffering fromt he stigma of the irrational and overly emotional crowd that bites hookline and sinker into the hype machine.  These guys eat right out the palm of marketing directors...every single time too...its hilarious and sad.

     

     

    A good game will grow on its own with no hype.  There are few good games like this...however a lot of decent but not spectacular games that took the overhype method, and will never recover from it and grow.

    I think WoW succeeded where you thought failure. I am not saying that graphics alone will kill it WoW had lore it had the graphics at the time it had the gameplay. I am just saying if you are going to say that it is useless to include graphics if it is just going to be another WoW clone? until virtual reality you aren't going to get much more UI differences. It just goes along the old saying it isnt like fine wine with cheese it wont get better with age but until technology furthers your going to have the same gameplay with different lores a few tweaks thrown into the mix and a new set of characters.

  • RobokappRobokapp Dublin, OHPosts: 5,205Member Uncommon
    graphics are good. what I don't like is that it's too flashy. it seems every ability causes sparks. and the whole mortal combat physical abilities feel exagerated. graphics are good but not a plus for me tbh.

    image

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    graphics are good. what I don't like is that it's too flashy. it seems every ability causes sparks. and the whole mortal combat physical abilities feel exagerated. graphics are good but not a plus for me tbh.

    That just means its more life-like a more life-like combat situation i couldnt mind

  • BrianshoBriansho Woodbridge, VAPosts: 4,779Member Uncommon
    I think the market is overloaded with browser and f2p MMOs anything that gets announced is tossed in the bargain bin with everything else.

    Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by Briansho
    I think the market is overloaded with browser and f2p MMOs anything that gets announced is tossed in the bargain bin with everything else.

    This isn't just some mmo (to me it has the ability to rival atop mmos with what i have seen the engine used is unreal) on top of that...its not a browser mmo...at all...and i dont find those too appealing whatsoever

  • dgarbinidgarbini San Jose, CAPosts: 185Member

    The reality is hype is paid for, and there is not hype because these games did not pay enough for it.  They start ploping down some bucks to sites like this and they will get tons of coverage in no time.   The only other thing that comes in to play is some outstanding racism against asian based games, and racists in general.

    I'll have to say this western developers should be ashamed if you compare the quality in visuals alone to asian games, its just a joke espcially the new batch of big games.  They need to work on gameplay, mechanics and story but to be honest I see more future coming out of asia then western games at this point.

    Also add Dragon prophet to your list.

  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    You make me like charity

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by dgarbini

    The reality is hype is paid for, and there is not hype because these games did not pay enough for it.  They start ploping down some bucks to sites like this and they will get tons of coverage in no time.   The only other thing that comes in to play is some outstanding racism against asian based games, and racists in general.

    I'll have to say this western developers should be ashamed if you compare the quality in visuals alone to asian games, its just a joke espcially the new batch of big games.  They need to work on gameplay, mechanics and story but to be honest I see more future coming out of asia then western games at this point.

    Also add Dragon prophet to your list.

    I will do that but i think they have the story down pack because EIN is nothign but a big nice story great cinematics etc. I don't have much to go on gameplay and mechanics we justhave to stay tuned for that content.

  • dgarbinidgarbini San Jose, CAPosts: 185Member
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    Yes we all know the world need more boring buggy WOW clones instead :)

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    You say that like its just another forsaken world or somethign if you did a  little research you'd understand this game has potential than (just another AoW or some asian BS) it looks like one of the best games i have seen my entire life and its an MMO show some respect. theres nothign "generic" about it

  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by dgarbini
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    Yes we all know the world need more boring buggy WOW clones instead :)

    Honestly, the whole "wow clone" thing is a bit over done.  There's been maybe 1 or 2 games in the last several years that could be considered a WoW clone.  You Star Wars and Rift.  People throw the term around all the time, but very few games would actually qualify.

    You make me like charity

  • asmkm22asmkm22 Anchorage, AKPosts: 1,788Member
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    You say that like its just another forsaken world or somethign if you did a  little research you'd understand this game has potential than (just another AoW or some asian BS) it looks like one of the best games i have seen my entire life and its an MMO show some respect. theres nothign "generic" about it

    Well, it does look like just another Forsaken World...

    Anyway, at this point in the market, it's up to the game studio to prove that a game has more going for it that "potential."  Most game have potential, and maybe even some flashy graphics.  Browse through the game list tab at the top of this page to see just how many potentially great games turned out to be unfinished and uninspired pieces of trash that probably had a lot of hype before their release.

    You make me like charity

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Originally posted by Shrilly
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    The last thing the world needs is yet another generic looking free-to-play item shop asian MMO.  Which is what it looks like.

    You say that like its just another forsaken world or somethign if you did a  little research you'd understand this game has potential than (just another AoW or some asian BS) it looks like one of the best games i have seen my entire life and its an MMO show some respect. theres nothign "generic" about it

    Well, it does look like just another Forsaken World...

    Anyway, at this point in the market, it's up to the game studio to prove that a game has more going for it that "potential."  Most game have potential, and maybe even some flashy graphics.  Browse through the game list tab at the top of this page to see just how many potentially great games turned out to be unfinished and uninspired pieces of trash that probably had a lot of hype before their release.

    But your argument based on its another asian piece of trash is very ignorant. I can look up the top tier games and it doesnt even come close o the visuals this game has. Most signle players cant compete. Now that goes without sayingi have not seen combat or mechanics WHICH THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON barely a video has come out of its gameplay style and of that im still impressed. Time will tell..

  • mindw0rkmindw0rk St-petersburgPosts: 1,351Member
    It is actually the most anticipated MMORPG for me after TESO
  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    It is actually the most anticipated MMORPG for me after TESO

    Thats good someone else has heard of it i thought i was the only one after awhile.

  • DibdabsDibdabs FelvershamPosts: 2,604Member Uncommon
    Hype always fails to deliver.
  • madazzmadazz A town, ONPosts: 1,564Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Why would there be much hype?  The next Korean-made game to catch on in the US will be the first.  Aion and TERA probably did well enough to justify the localization costs, but most go straight to pay-to-win item mall.

    Simply could not have said it better myself.

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by madazz
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Why would there be much hype?  The next Korean-made game to catch on in the US will be the first.  Aion and TERA probably did well enough to justify the localization costs, but most go straight to pay-to-win item mall.

    Simply could not have said it better myself.

    So you look at this game full of life and just automatically say eh item mall???? I think this game sets some pretty better morals than that.

  • KerosienKerosien Kalispell, MTPosts: 56Member
    This game looks alot like Aion 
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Elmhurst, ILPosts: 6,403Member
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    Hype always fails to deliver.

    It's ok baby, happens to every guy sometimes.

    Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

  • ShrillyShrilly Citra, FLPosts: 376Member Common
    Originally posted by Kerosien
    This game looks alot like Aion
    so you fail to see the superior engine and the years it took to create this since 2009? O.o
2
Sign In or Register to comment.