Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DFUW may have work to be done but...

GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

But... anyone interested should absolutely watch videos, reviews and try the game at launch.

DFUW is very different from the mainstream of MMOs we're seeing released these days.

DFUWs gameplay revolves around choices you make and player interactions.

- DFUW promotes player interactions with a no-instancing policy. Everyone persists in the same world, there's only one of each dungeons which everyone will be placed into, houses are part of the world (no loading screens). DFUW also promotes player interaction through a harsh set of PvP rules being full loot, FFA outside of safe zones and the constant need for crafting and trading to take place.

- In DFUW there are no set quest lines you must follow to advance. Craft, fight, farm, pve, explore, conquer to gain points and advance your character. Your choices can lead to a quiet day of crafting and harvesting tucked away one day to massive sieges with hundreds of players taking part, shaping the world of Agon.

For the game currently:

- AV has implemented several great patches now. These have made the game much smoother, squashed critical bugs, improved user experience and made small additions to the game.

What AV has not done is released a ton of the content which we believe will be in partly for launch and then constantly added in the months after.

Come to the game with no illusion however! At launch you should expect half the classes to be implemented (8/16), high tier boats/siege equipment to be turned off. Considering classes was a big part of the remake it makes me sad to have to point this out. The game however will most definately be worth buying at launch.

Finally... ignore players screaming for DF1.0 back. DF1.0 failed for a reason, DFUW will be a much more enjoyable game with more content on.

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Yea, the only game where you get less with the new update/relaunch then before.  To the point even the world is smaller.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

The game looks woefully dated and some of the concepts sound like a griefers paradise.

I think the work that needs done is a completely new game made.

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by SuperNick

The game looks woefully dated and some of the concepts sound like a griefers paradise.

5 min in general chat should show you everything you need to know about how much of a griefers paradise this game is.

It's sad & pathetic at the same time.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Funny considering DFUW is technically a new game, which just goes to show how horrible DFUW is.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by Nevulus

5 min in general chat should show you everything you need to know about how much of a griefers paradise this game is.

It's sad & pathetic at the same time.

Safe zones... you can't get grifed. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• alf2oooalf2ooo Member UncommonPosts: 139
    The game is not even 30% complete and it was supposed to launch on November, the frequency of patches for a beta is ridiculous, combat is slow, clunky and completely unbalanced, zero interaction between devs and players; AV is going to have a bad time whenever they launch this shit of a game.
  • nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by alf2ooo
    The game is not even 30% complete and it was supposed to launch on November, the frequency of patches for a beta is ridiculous, combat is slow, clunky and completely unbalanced, zero interaction between devs and players; AV is going to have a bad time whenever they launch this shit of a game.

Signed.

Also the latest patches didn't improve "player experience". Hell, I quit logging in to the beta after the latest patches because they made my "player experience" worse.

No more player-freedom and -skill involved in combat thanks to Transfers Nerf and Wobble Buff. Now it is all about numbers, Random effects and who engages first in combat. So people avoid PvP because it is so ridiculously unbalanced. Usually those who engaged first were the first who ran out of Stats and Stating up using Transfers is now impossible because of the "new" net loss instead of net gain. Now people flee behind Trees and Rocks to use Rest to recover Stamina. Thats beyond stupidity.

We were 15 players when the beta started. Nothing could stop us from playing, no lags, no persistance bug, no crashes, nothing. But more and more people dropped for one single reason: The f*cking dumbed down combat. Then later we were 3 players left. All quit after the Transfers Nerf and Wobble Buff patches.

AV is so dumb. They killed DF1 with their incompetence and they will kill DF:UW the same way aswell.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Funny considering DFUW is technically a new game, which just goes to show how horrible DFUW is.

"New" game based on the old code, minus 2 years of fixes.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Greymoor

But... anyone interested should absolutely watch videos, reviews and try the game at launch.

Absolutely not... Wait for some legitimate reviews before throwing your money down.

I wonder why a game touted as "release ready" back in 12-12-12 is still under NDA and in a Beta that can only be entered by paying $$$ ? image