Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Guild Wars 2: A New Warrior Approaches

124»

Comments

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    i met one dwarf so far and he is with the bookish guys!i met him just beside a bridge!i like his look!the most dwarf looking dwarf i have ever met!
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Agathu
    I would love to see a story that brings the Dwarves back as a playable race.

The dwarves are dead, after the Great Dwarf blessing, they all changed to stone and are fighting the Destroyers. The only dwarves left are the Stone Summit and they are spread out all over in miniscule numbers. This is all based on lore.

And the lore can change no?  I hate this answer to peoples opinions on what they would like to see. I would also like the dwarves to make a comeback and seeing as how we have a living story type of system coming into play maybe it's a good way to introduce these changes. Point is that this story is not taking place in the past so I don't see why quoting lore of the past should be applied to present day scenarios. Maybe there could be a continuing storyline where the humanoids of tyria are looking for answers for a way to bring the dwarves back to help fight the advancement of the baddies. Nothing should be set in stone (pun intended).

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

I would luv to play a centaur, I can image playing a heavily armored warrior centaur, or a fast moving scout, kodan or tengu would be fun as well, even a skritt thief would be cool.

I would also think or assume that if they release a new playable race that we would also get a new class or too as well, eg; Lancer/jouster or bard even. -(thinking of the centaur race)

Will the posters crapping on about player housing and mounts please take there little soapbox and bugger off, this thread is about new races, if you haven't bothered to read yet it is free to make and post your thread on this site, so why don't you all go and do that instead of mucking the rest of us about.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    We already know Tengu are coming for sure.  The starter zone is already there and everything....

Steam: Neph

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by FlawSGI

The dwarves are dead, after the Great Dwarf blessing, they all changed to stone and are fighting the Destroyers. The only dwarves left are the Stone Summit and they are spread out all over in miniscule numbers. This is all based on lore.

And the lore can change no?  I hate this answer to peoples opinions on what they would like to see. I would also like the dwarves to make a comeback and seeing as how we have a living story type of system coming into play maybe it's a good way to introduce these changes. Point is that this story is not taking place in the past so I don't see why quoting lore of the past should be applied to present day scenarios. Maybe there could be a continuing storyline where the humanoids of tyria are looking for answers for a way to bring the dwarves back to help fight the advancement of the baddies. Nothing should be set in stone (pun intended).

How can you change a permanent chage? That is what the Great Dwarf Blessing was - a permanent change. You didn't play EotN did you?

• NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    Anything new added is great. you want to make mounts in a game like this, you add them purly for looks. By that i mean, make them the same speed or a very small % faster then run speed, then don't ever make them faster then that. seems silly people would be against mounts or housing in the first place, but that's the kind of gamers we have these days. Sounds good add all you can I say.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081
    I want all of them!!! I can definitely see the Tengu when we get their new areas opened up, or if we go back to Cantha.
  • goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

There are tons of possibilities to re-add dwarves, but... how useless would they be? 99% of all dwarves in any fantasy world behave like Norn. Tyria does not need a smaller version of Norn, really. It won't be either Quaggan, Hylek or Skitt because they are part of any races personal story so far. I doubt they will rewrite this just for a new race.

So Kodan, Tengu or even a lost tribe of Centaurs (perhaps related to Ventari with some news about the pale tree) could be a great addition. Each coming to help vs. another great dragon.

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

How can you change a permanent chage? That is what the Great Dwarf Blessing was - a permanent change. You didn't play EotN did you?

Really nothing in the lore says that dwarves are all dead, and you see at least one during the GW2 story. For all we know, they're still all underground fighting primordius and the destroyers, and might become a playable race in a future expansion that takes place in the depths of tyria.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

So you want to debate something with ad hominem? Yes I played EOTN and nowhere did it state the race was wiped out nor that being turned into stone was a permanent thing. I am not here to argue your knowledge of the lore, just your blatant disregard of others opinions because you surmise that there is no way that dwarves could be brought back to the game.

Lets say that the "Great Dwarf" decides that the dwarves, in their ultimate sacrifice the "Rite of the Great Dwarf" had chosen the wrong path by turning themselves into stone and decided to bestow knowledge to the mortal races on how to revers the process, would it be soo far fetched that  lore hounds would throw up their hands in disgust? I know enough about the lore to find the idea feasible. Either way, I see nothing wrong with discussing the possibilities of the race returning yet you do enjoy flexing your GW2 superiority so I'll leave it at that .

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I choose none of the above. Because the game needs more RP-support, housing, and mounts way before it needs another hollow playable race. 

Doesn't need housing - waste of resouces - MOUNTS ARE NOT PART OF THE LORE - jeez - read the lore and that is why we have TP - don't need mounts as another waste of resources.

They are a small company and as such - doing the best they can. Yes, they messed but a bit, who hasn't (Trion did some beauts just after the release of Rift). They are also still supporting GW1.

I think it should be Tengu. If you did the add in to GW1, if you had the Bonus Mission Pack, you could play as Master Togo and help the Tengu in Cantha. I think Cantha would also be a nice add on then.

Wrong!!!!!!!!

Mounts and housing are an important feature for any game to get right and to exclude them is to take away from your playerbase.  We already have enough silly races in GW2 there needs to be other forms of content before we talk of new races.

To you housing and mounts are important. In the lore of GW2, there were no mounts - period. Putting them is is the equivalent of adding the 3 faction PvP in a a 2 faction only game - Rift. It is a lore/game breaker.

As far as housing is concerned, as I said, in my opinion, it is a waste of bandwidth and a silly time sink. Rift has housing and mounts already. Putting them in GW2, will just make it the same as other MMO out there and I prefer it to be unique.

"I prefer to show my uniqueness by limiting content!!!!" wait somethign is wrong there? how about guild houses where you can adorn your walls with the bosses you have slain heads? or you can collect the wallpaper to custoimize using the same dye drop system? how about using the recourses in the game banning together as a guild and using them all together to buy the land then build your guild house with said recources? I have a system that works well with fixing GW2's lack of content post-80

It really boils down to why we play games? go to the fundementals. Accomplisment and control are what make up most of it. The ability to control outcomes and accomplishment from said outcome. A lot thought that to display accomplishments through armor of better looks or stats was the way to go i say thats all fine and dandy but a great addition would be a head ont he wall in the guild house? Why do hunters put 12 points on the wall? for the sense of gratification and accomplishment it took to bag the big one. You dont take anythign away just add more sense of accomplishment. Right now GW2 to me is a grind fest for end game pve. this would be grea i think

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Tengu please! and make them wield throwing spears like the Paragons from GW1. Thanks!!

• Thoth-AmonThoth-Amon Member Posts: 91

i never understand the desire for housing in an MMO. whats the point? lock yourself indoors and hide?  id rather an active world to explore than a house to be on my own in.

race to add - Kodan

mounts, dont mind

• ShrillyShrilly Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Originally posted by Thoth-Amon

i never understand the desire for housing in an MMO. whats the point? lock yourself indoors and hide?  id rather an active world to explore than a house to be on my own in.

race to add - Kodan

mounts, dont mind

Your not lockign yourself inside...all guilds IRL have guild jhouses as a base of operatuions to discuss politics strategy and to adorn their achievements why be so against something that resembles more RL and gives you sense of a achievment???

• ArkanaprotegoArkanaprotego Member Posts: 1
    How about Kodans with black spots who know Kung-Fu ^^
  • miramira2miramira2 Member UncommonPosts: 76

Tengu.

And housing.

And more customized looks - armor, tattoos, etc.

(but most of all, more skills and weapons - a fighting staff, scythe, orb, 2h axe)

• AnnesseAnnesse Member Posts: 2

Guild Halls and the ability to SAVE and Load Builds from anywhere......even if it still cost like going to a class trainer in LA or the other cities

• AnnesseAnnesse Member Posts: 2

Guild Halls and the ability to SAVE and Load Builds from anywhere......even if it still cost like going to a class trainer in LA or the other cities