Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] Star Wars: The Old Republic: Gree Event: Something For Everyone

BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorBerea, OHPosts: 2,357MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree features something for just about every type of Star Wars: The Old Republic player. We break down the event content and offer our thoughts in this week's column.

BioWare’s done an interesting (if somewhat frustrating) thing in releasing a major game update to Star Wars: The Old Republic that essentially boils down to being a time-limited event with Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree. Sure, the Galactic Reputation system is a fairly significant addition, but the real meat-and-potatoes of 1.7 is all the new event content. Fortunately, the new content has resonated well with players, as it seems BioWare may have successfully delivered something for everyone in 1.7.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Star Wars: The Old Republic: Gree Event: Something For Everyone.

Comments

• SoulStainSoulStain Tampa, FLPosts: 202Member
    I sub to SWTOR and although it's great they have this event content they really need to have something for all levels...or at least 10+ (those off of the starter planets)...to enjoy. It is hardly something for everyone. One of many things RIFT does well is events. When they occur virtually all can find something to do and get some goodies. SWTOR needs to take a lesson from RIFT when it comes to "events".

• SenadinaSenadina San Diego, CAPosts: 896Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SoulStain
    I sub to SWTOR and although it's great they have this event content they really need to have something for all levels...or at least 10+ (those off of the starter planets)...to enjoy. It is hardly something for everyone. One of many things RIFT does well is events. When they occur virtually all can find something to do and get some goodies. SWTOR needs to take a lesson from RIFT when it comes to "events".

Exactly what I was going to say....Gree update has something for everyone AT LEVEL CAP.

• BenbradaBenbrada Plainfield, ILPosts: 328Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SoulStain

Agree... I just rolled my first Empire toon and I was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of peeps (Shadowlands server) in the starter areas at 1 am CST!

• Jerek_Jerek_ tulsa, OKPosts: 409Member
    yep, something for everyone all right.  As long as everyone wants meaningless garbage same faction pvp and pve content gated behind some of the most mind numbingly boring dailies ever created.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

Well I think I got to say something for every one?? Well if your at level cap yes.  Otherwise no.  Who cares abut ILUM pvp its been broken for such a long time, and I don't think this is giong to fix anythng. 

Oh well another so so update with no real teath.  You got to wonder why ea has lost their way and cant figure out what to do next. 

• ignore_meignore_me Apple Valley, CAPosts: 1,987Member

MIke has a really good point. Before this game came out I had hoped it would concentrate heavily on the Sith/Republic conflict. I find the alien races schtick to be way overused in this game in general. I feel like they constantly refer to something outside of the universe because they don't know how to use the setting they have.

It should have been played as a cold war for a bit, then at least a limited hot war with a frontier of battle. They set up this big story and then essentially ignore it while also managing to avoid anything that resembles Star Wars. There is too much exposition in the story telling, no starfighter combat, and too much emphasis on worlds that look like they took generic medieval fantasy archetype creatures and stuck them in a high tech setting.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• BadOrbBadOrb ManchesterPosts: 791Member Uncommon

Well i liked the event a lot , I have played too much and will still play too much untill it ends , but at least we now have SWTOR version 2.0 on the way . Maybe your questions have been praised Mike!!

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• jtcgsjtcgs New Port Richey, ILPosts: 1,777Member

I really wouldnt have used the word "everyone"...its just another fluff update that doesnt fix the glaring issues with the game that drove so many people away and are basically making F2Pers a revolving door of coming and going.

Add what the game NEEDs before its too late.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• catlanacatlana Houston, TXPosts: 1,677Member

The bosses are fun. You forgot Xeno even thou he is in his own instance. Xeno is the best of the bunch. PvP is still pretty rare. There really is no rewards for pvping in the new area, so yeah there are lines for the pylons on my server.

The rep system is okay. I really like how the rep applies to all of your characters. You can also gather a bunch of turnins in advance.

• vadess40vadess40 Toronto, ONPosts: 38Member
    It would be nice if more events were faction vs. faction. I too fear that the whole Republic vs. Empire conflict got lost somewhere.
  • ksternalksternal Hainesport, NJPosts: 81Member
    Just like in Warhammer Online, the devs failed horribly to balance the factions till after they had lost over 75% of their entire player sub. Maybe if the devs actually used some common sense and gave a incentive for players to play Republic side weather it be a discount at the market or a bonus in PvP matches till the factions are balanced that might help but honestly, I feel its already to late.
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance ParisPosts: 1,223Member
    Just not interested in more dailies. I got fed up with that doing the firelands quests in WoW. Why oh why does it always have to be about dailies ?

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.